• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HEy BOSS 429...this ones for you !!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how this is going to pan out Zeke. Clowney set the combine on fire. Now every team in the league is going to want him, and for good reason. As Matt Millen said, "you just don't see this kind of player every year" So what will happen is that Houston will parlay their 1st round pick into a fortune just like we did with RG3, and the Rams will never even have the opportunity to get this guy. I really think he just solidified his spot as the first pick in the draft. Even if you have Deacon Jones on your roster, you can't pass on a pick like this if the Rams do get fortunate and Houston goes another direction. But if they don't and pick Clowney, it's almost a certainty that the Rams will trade out of the 2nd pick. There is just nobody else available in my mind that is worth that high a pick.
Houston doesn't have a Deacon Jones on their roster (Nobody does) so why do you think they will trade out?

My point, if it makes sense for them to trade out at No. 1, then it makes sense for the Rams to trade out at No. 2 if he falls to us especially considering the Rams DE's.

Again, the bevy of pick the Rams will acquire will afford the Rams to manage the cap and resign Long when the time comes. We get younger and retain the 'elite eight' as they like to be called.

Retaining Long, if we choose, wont be an issue.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(2.) I wouldn't be faced palmed if Houston picks Clowney and we pick Sammy... you?

So when you ask me if I would be happy with Sammy Watkins I say this knid of turns me off because it reminds me on what happened last year with Tavon Austin. I was excited as hell last September to see how Sam would do with some new wrs. Well I guess you know how that ended. What I am trying to say is I dont think SW will get utilized properly. Shotty sucks as a OC. Nothing against Sammy Watkins, but IMO he wont be setting any records if he comes here.

I've said before that I believe that Snead /Fisher will try to develop a power run type offense. Control the clock and win the time of possesion. This will help Sam gain back some confidence. We had success with this last year. So why not add a few more road graders? These types of blockers can be added cheap through FA or later in the draft. I guess I just dont believe that they intend on building an air it out style. This will get Sam killed.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you ask me if I would be happy with Sammy Watkins I say this knid of turns me off because it reminds me on what happened last year with Tavon Austin. I was excited as hell last September to see how Sam would do with some new wrs. Well I guess you know how that ended. What I am trying to say is I dont think SW will get utilized properly. Shotty sucks as a OC. Nothing against Sammy Watkins, but IMO he wont be setting any records if he comes here.

I've said before that I believe that Snead /Fisher will try to develop a power run type offense. Control the clock and win the time of possesion. This will help Sam gain back some confidence. We had success with this last year. So why not add a few more road graders? These types of blockers can be added cheap through FA or later in the draft. I guess I just dont believe that they intend on building an air it out style. This will get Sam killed.
IDK zeke. I actually expected a different story to develop then what actually did as I read through your post.

I think you are being just a little too critical on Brian S. & Jeff F. because early on they tried to be that air it out offense and failed miserable. Now was this because of a lack of leadership aka coaching or a lack of personnel, again IDK but moving to that power game certainly was a better fit once we found our RB and for this I think it's more about the bulls on the O line. Some dudes just seem to be better at road grading than keeping their man in front of them while the WR's try to get open. Maybe we just got skeered and threw in the towel too early, we did in fact try this with a very inexperienced WR corp.

I don't expect the Rams to draft a WR with our first pick and if Houston picks Clowney we are screwed in comparison than if they don't so maybe we will.

It would probably be our best move if they do pick that beast!

We will just have to wait and see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boss. One of the forgotten trade partners may be Detroit. If you go over to their thread home and read some of the rumblings coming out of there, Detroit may be willing to give up there number 10, a second rounder this year, and a number one next year IF Clowney is available at two. If Houston takes him or some other trade-up team does, then Detroit may disappear as well.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boss. One of the forgotten trade partners may be Detroit. If you go over to their thread home and read some of the rumblings coming out of there, Detroit may be willing to give up there number 10, a second rounder this year, and a number one next year IF Clowney is available at two. If Houston takes him or some other trade-up team does, then Detroit may disappear as well.

So many people want this guy because admittedly he has the physical gifts, and a pass rushing DE is a difference maker in the pass happy league. I don't know whether to root for him to have a great pro day or not. If he separates himself from the rest of the draft class Houston is likely to take him. If he is only mediocre then maybe he falls to us, and what do we do then? Draft him ourselves or sell the pick to the highest bidder. I suspect Detroit would have to come up with more than what you suggested Retro because Atlanta would probably give us that. Personally I'd like to see the Rams take him, but if somebody offers me a million dollars for my prized automobile or house, well if the offer is too good to pass up we gotta take it!