• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello Luke!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 48s
RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: Luke Schenn traded to PHI for James van Riemsdyk.

....and we were just talking about young dmen...hmmm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got our new Dman. Hope he works out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
las, please be safe tonight. drinking and driving is bad, and also, i suggest keeping it inside

to the trade: about time.. only been talking about this deal since february.. i think this will be a good deal for the flyers.. frees up a little bit of room, adds another big body on D

coburn.grossmann
carle.timonen
schenn.meszaros

looks like a damn good crew to me.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
las, please be safe tonight. drinking and driving is bad, and also, i suggest keeping it inside

to the trade: about time.. only been talking about this deal since february.. i think this will be a good deal for the flyers.. frees up a little bit of room, adds another big body on D

coburn.grossmann
carle.timonen
schenn.meszaros

Love the deal cap is good but odds are Carle is gonzo. One of the rookies will play 6th spot. Love it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

coburn.grossmann
carle.timonen
schenn.meszaros

Schenn carries a smaller cap hit, no?

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about $15M cap space with Pronger LTIR

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn carries a smaller cap hit, no?

Yes 650 K per year. Love it. Wonder what super has to say about homer now??? : ) Hate to say I told ya so....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the deal cap is good but odds are Carle is gonzo. One of the rookies will play 6th spot. Love it.

i still think the flyers will sign carle.. i dont see why they wouldn't.. he's a top 3 dman out there UFA, they have the inside track to get him at a good rate.. i like bourdon and gust too, but carle is better than they are, that's just a fact

they have so much cap space, why not use it?

i dont think they'll be able to sign parise or suter.. just traded the key chip in getting ryan or nash..

i say resign voracek (4), jagr (3), and carle (4.5) and see where things go

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think the flyers will sign carle.. i dont see why they wouldn't.. he's a top 3 dman out there UFA, they have the inside track to get him at a good rate.. i like bourdon and gust too, but carle is better than they are, that's just a fact

they have so much cap space, why not use it?

i dont think they'll be able to sign parise or suter.. just traded the key chip in getting ryan or nash..

i say resign voracek (4), jagr (3), and carle (4.5) and see where things go

You may be right and I have no trouble if they do sign Carle but I'm guessing that they don't. Young kids looked more than capable in the 6th spot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right and I have no trouble if they do sign Carle but I'm guessing that they don't. Young kids looked more than capable in the 6th spot.

ya i dont disagree that they'd be alright there.. but they dont have to put them in there if they dont want to

gotta see how much cap space they actually have, but its like 12-13mil i think, plenty of space to add players

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start by saying I really like JVR's potential and think he'll be a lot better with the increased playing time he'll probably see in TOR. That said I think this is a god move, we get a big physical D-man back and better yet it's the brotehr of one of the guys I think will be a cornerstone to this team for the next 10 years. This is management basically telling Brayden Schenn that we want you to be happy here=(in my eyes). It does make sense from a hockey standpoint too. TOR has tons of D-men Flyers have tons of offense and both guys could use a fresh start after disappointing seasons.

I think the real key here that allowed the Flyers to make the trade is Vorachek stepping up this past season and showing he can be a difference maker. Homer has to lock him up for the next 3-5 at a decent cap hit first, then re-sign Carle or KNOW(through unofficial channels of course) that he can sign another top tier D-man FA. Jagr to me is a wild card because I truly feel he isn't willing to be a supporting guy, he wants good minutes and PP time(which makes sense as a future HoF'r). I'm not sure he is our best option to sink a ton of money into though, if he comes back for the same as this year and is ok knowing that isn't "the guy" here I'd love him back for his leadership alone. Even if we re-sign all of them we'd have 4.5-5m in cap left and I'd like to see them go after a bigger F preferably with some speed to fit into the supporting cast.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 650 K per year. Love it. Wonder what super has to say about homer now??? : ) Hate to say I told ya so....

Super says Homer is still an idiot, the whole point of my comment to begin with was, if we need a young defensive core for the future why are we grabbing Centers,

You guys act like Schenn is the great defenseman we've been coveting, lol. Yet to be seen. also since we traded a could be for a could be, no loss. Still too many questions for me to accept this as a great trade. If this dude plays like he did last year than we just added another Carle, and I like Carle..

We still need a bigger more solid dman, Carle hopefully is the next to go. Or Package up Carle and the new kid and grab Someone big..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super says Homer is still an idiot, the whole point of my comment to begin with was, if we need a young defensive core for the future why are we grabbing Centers,

You guys act like Schenn is the great defenseman we've been coveting, lol. Yet to be seen. also since we traded a could be for a could be, no loss. Still too many questions for me to accept this as a great trade. If this dude plays like he did last year than we just added another Carle, and I like Carle..

We still need a bigger more solid dman, Carle hopefully is the next to go. Or Package up Carle and the new kid and grab Someone big..

schenn is better than any player we could've gotten yesterday in the draft.. what your asking for is a suter or weber-like player.. and that takes a ridiculous ransom to get.. ridiculous like schenn or couturier plus multiple 1st round picks ridiculous.. and you said you dont want the flyers do that.. schenn is a potential #1 dman, he's had some struggles in his progression, but so has every dman.. there's no such thing as a cheap guaranteed #1 dman

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying it's a great trade, good yes great no. Great would have been packaging JVR and Bob plus whatever(other then 28, 10, 14) for Weber. I'm not sure L Schenn will ever be more then a 3 or the depth chart, but JVR wasn't seeing enough time to develope(when he was healthy anyway) this just frees up ice time for other guys like 10, 14, 93 & we get a physical D-man that we missed with 20 & 41 hurt last season.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the suspense when my cell gets a call form a friend telling me about this trade. Then I have to leave for dinner moments later with my parents, all while I dont have a smart phone

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schenn is better than any player we could've gotten yesterday in the draft.. what your asking for is a suter or weber-like player.. and that takes a ridiculous ransom to get.. ridiculous like schenn or couturier plus multiple 1st round picks ridiculous.. and you said you dont want the flyers do that.. schenn is a potential #1 dman, he's had some struggles in his progression, but so has every dman.. there's no such thing as a cheap guaranteed #1 dman

No I'm not, I'm just asking for solid two way defenseman, I never said Schenn was a bad trade cause we don't know yet, getting rid of JVR was a must either way, so like I said, no big risk..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year to the day of last year's trade fiasco