• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heinicke is QB1 moving forward per report.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are not comparing qb-qb. They put the stat up during the game yesterday. IS TH makes plays? yes. So did Wentz. You say he sucks which isnt true. DJ put a stat on here comparing QB ratings. They are similar or a little better from Wentz. Sure the team is playing for TH. It’s so obvious they are stepping up now. This leadership thing is bullshit and you know it. Not one report from training camp or early season that said Wentz was a bad leader.

No you aren’t. You are comparing statistics which don’t tell the whole story.

CW absolutely sucks. If he didn’t, he would still be on the Eagles, or on the Colts.

You are talking QB rating which isn’t a good measure. Look at QBR which tells a completely different story. Wentz is at 33.0, while TH is 46.4. That is a huge difference.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts are those?

In the Commanders news thread dad posted some metrics which in some ways seem very odd. Page 85 post 1486 if you care to take a gander. Those aren't facts though. What is a fact is that after today's game. In almost every metric Wentz is outperforming Taylor. Wentz has a better comp%, more passing yards per game, a better TD%, a lower INT%, and an overall better rating.
Wentz has a 1% better completion percentage and about 47 yards more per game passing; however, he is averaging .6 less per attempt than TH. That is very telling. TD-int is comparable but yes CW is slightly ahead and only 2% ahead on rating. CW also gets sacked twice as much each game costing us twice as many yards, putting the offense in horrible positions to sustain drives and tiring out his defense. That is why Wentz has a QBR of 33 and TH is over 44. That is also why TH is averaging 22.5 PPG and CW only 17. Isn’t the job of the offense to score?
I'm not saying Wentz is the better option or better QB either. Other than a big arm and his size I see no advantages, physical or otherwise that Wentz has over Taylor particularly when it comes to intangibles. And big arms are grossly overrated if an attribute like accuracy isn't present. I've advocated since jump street that RR engaged in an unnecessary trade and gave up too much in capital draft-wise n monetary-wise for Wentz. Is the team playing better with Taylor at QB? Yeah, they are, the play calling and coaching has been better as well.
So let me ask you this. The same people are making the calls, why has that improved? Or is that just the perception based on limitations and situations CW put the team in?
Can't remember exactly who it was, @kbso83432 I think that said since Jackson was benched the secondary has gotten their shit together. Payne is ballin. he's also playing for a huge contract, if not with the Skins, another team. Sweat, the same thing. Jamin is getting a handle on what he needs to do. A lotta that has coincided with Taylor starting. So yes, in that sense the team is playing better with Taylor. No arguement from me. Does Taylor make players better than they are though. Able to do things that w/o him playing they would be incapable of doing. No, he does not. No player does that. That's what I'm talking about. If anything, catches like the one Samuel had against Minn or TM had against Indy make Taylor look better or make his stats look better is more to the point.
I am also not saying he makes individual players around him better. I am saying he makes the team better than when it has CW.
To use another argument conncerning QBs and which one is better. Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush. Dak is considered the better or more physically gifted QB of the two. Yet the Cpwboys have a better W/L record this year with Rush under center. Why is that? There is an opinion that the rest of the Cowboy team and coaches stepped up their game believing that was necessary to help win games with Rush at QB. Maybe instead of Taylor making coaches coach better and players play better. The coaches and players themselves felt it necessary to up their game to help Taylor win games.

I havent paid much attention to Dallas. I will say Dak was returning from a gruesome injury and the last two games has scored 49, 28, and 40 points.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the further the defensive line gets away from Sam Mills the better they have played. This was largely an underperforming line when Mills was in charge.

I think having Bostic in the film room and being able to be a coach on the field has helped Jamin. I have no proof of that. Maybe this was just Jamin's natural progression.

Dumping our worst corner (WJ3) for what has become our best corner (BSJ) has been key.

Curl missed time early, and Forrest has really progressed. McCain being a team player and moving down into the slot has been huge.

The Ridgeway pick up has for the most part silenced me and others on the losses of Ioannidis and Settle.

As Sportster stated JDR has switched up his zone coverage. Not playing as soft as we were earlier.

Scott Tuner's dedication to the run game and the ability of the line and the backs to execute it has played a major role in the emergence of the defense.

Scott had to move from a 5 and 7 step offense to a dink and dunk ball control offense. You really don't see the long go routes being completed anymore. Unless it's TH running around and then throwing up a YOLO ball.

To his credit he has cut down on those, but this short passing, ball control offense is like found money. It's not what Scott envisioned for his offense this year, but it turns out it may be a winning formula.

As @Breed stated, Heinicke's intangibles cannot be understated. The team believes TH gives them the best chance to win. I'd be lying if I haven't had thoughts of "does Wentz put us over the top?"

Does he make this offense dynamic? Couple that with a top 5 defense and are we right there with Dallas, Philly, and SF?

You still have to roll with TH right now. He's won four out of five and the team has won five out of six. He has the locker room and like in Bull Durham. "You never mess with a streak."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you aren’t. You are comparing statistics which don’t tell the whole story.

CW absolutely sucks. If he didn’t, he would still be on the Eagles, or on the Colts.

You are talking QB rating which isn’t a good measure. Look at QBR which tells a completely different story. Wentz is at 33.0, while TH is 46.4. That is a huge difference.

I never said CW was a great QB. Saying he sucks is a little overboard. A QB who sucks is the guy we played yesterday. If you dont know HOW we are winning With TH then I cant help you. Peace.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said CW was a great QB. Saying he sucks is a little overboard. A QB who sucks is the guy we played yesterday. If you dont know HOW we are winning With TH then I cant help you. Peace.

No it isn’t. Saying he sucks is as accurate as one can be. Philadelphia had a great team and won the SB. We know this because Nick Foles won the SB when Wentz got hurt. Nick Foles can’t find a starting job anywhere in the league.

Wentz then gets beat out by Hurts, who is playing great now, but wasn’t close when it started. So he is trad3d to the Colts for a first rounder and a massive contract. He was so bad in Indy, they give up on him in one season, and they are so happy they didn’t have to eat his dead cap because they found a team dumb enough to trade for him.

The sucky QB yesterday, which I don’t disagree, is 4-1 this season, while the guy who shouldn’t be in the league is 2-4.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the further the defensive line gets away from Sam Mills the better they have played. This was largely an underperforming line when Mills was in charge.

I think having Bostic in the film room and being able to be a coach on the field has helped Jamin. I have no proof of that. Maybe this was just Jamin's natural progression.

Dumping our worst corner (WJ3) for what has become our best corner (BSJ) has been key.

Curl missed time early, and Forrest has really progressed. McCain being a team player and moving down into the slot has been huge.

The Ridgeway pick up has for the most part silenced me and others on the losses of Ioannidis and Settle.

As Sportster stated JDR has switched up his zone coverage. Not playing as soft as we were earlier.

Excellent analysis.
Scott Tuner's dedication to the run game and the ability of the line and the backs to execute it has played a major role in the emergence of the defense.

Scott had to move from a 5 and 7 step offense to a dink and dunk ball control offense. You really don't see the long go routes being completed anymore. Unless it's TH running around and then throwing up a YOLO ball.

To his credit he has cut down on those, but this short passing, ball control offense is like found money. It's not what Scott envisioned for his offense this year, but it turns out it may be a winning formula.
I think you are overlooking the ability to stay with the run because we are not being put into a position requiring the pass. We are sustaining drives, far fewer three and outs, and manageable down and distance because we are not falling behind and taking poor sacks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sustaining drives has been key. In most cases if you can run and stop the run you are gonna be in every game. We'll see if they can keep this going.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t. Saying he sucks is as accurate as one can be. Philadelphia had a great team and won the SB. We know this because Nick Foles won the SB when Wentz got hurt. Nick Foles can’t find a starting job anywhere in the league.

Wentz then gets beat out by Hurts, who is playing great now, but wasn’t close when it started. So he is trad3d to the Colts for a first rounder and a massive contract. He was so bad in Indy, they give up on him in one season, and they are so happy they didn’t have to eat his dead cap because they found a team dumb enough to trade for him.

The sucky QB yesterday, which I don’t disagree, is 4-1 this season, while the guy who shouldn’t be in the league is 2-4.

CW was in MVP consideration that year before he got hurt. cmon now. I meant the Houston QB sucks not TH. Wentz had a decent year with the Colts, he got cut b/c of the JAx game. You keep mentioning the record, but you don't know how we are winning.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CW was in MVP consideration that year before he got hurt. cmon now. I meant the Houston QB sucks not TH. Wentz had a decent year with the Colts, he got cut b/c of the JAx game. You keep mentioning the record, but you don't know how we are winning.

Yes he was…when Foles was inserted they won the SB. So was Wentz great or was he on a great team?

Did he do OK in Indy? Or was that a mask from a great run game and defense? So Wentz was TRADED because of a single game? Think about that for a moment.

I absolutely see how we are winning. We are winning with a good defense and a good run game. The defense and run game are made possible by a QB who does not put the team in a bad spot, making a good defense and run game possible. We are not winning because of TH but we were losing because of Carson Wentz. We would still be losing because of Carson Wentz if he were in the game.

You don’t seem to understand the formula for this team to win. TH is a game manager, nothing more, and he isn’t a great one of those. TH allows this team to win on defense and control the clock on offense. Seriously, go back and look at the play by plays of each game. Notice the amount of three and outs Wentz had and the effect that has on the defense subsequently. Notice how the sacks Wentz took put us behind in the down and distance on offense, making the team one-dimensional.

In a QB driven league, notice how only one QB is being moved around annually with hopes that he can be fixed. CW has talent but he doesn’t have any instincts, awareness, or leadership.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was…when Foles was inserted they won the SB. So was Wentz great or was he on a great team?

Did he do OK in Indy? Or was that a mask from a great run game and defense? So Wentz was TRADED because of a single game? Think about that for a moment.

I absolutely see how we are winning. We are winning with a good defense and a good run game. The defense and run game are made possible by a QB who does not put the team in a bad spot, making a good defense and run game possible. We are not winning because of TH but we were losing because of Carson Wentz. We would still be losing because of Carson Wentz if he were in the game.

You don’t seem to understand the formula for this team to win. TH is a game manager, nothing more, and he isn’t a great one of those. TH allows this team to win on defense and control the clock on offense. Seriously, go back and look at the play by plays of each game. Notice the amount of three and outs Wentz had and the effect that has on the defense subsequently. Notice how the sacks Wentz took put us behind in the down and distance on offense, making the team one-dimensional.

In a QB driven league, notice how only one QB is being moved around annually with hopes that he can be fixed. CW has talent but he doesn’t have any instincts, awareness, or leadership.

Well Irsay is a nut. SO yes. You cant say that about TH or Wentz. You dont know if Wentz will have the run first game plan. Turner expected him to throw 40 times per game and he doesnt trust TH to do that. SO what does that tell you? Are you saying CW cant be a game manager? He cant hand the ball off 47 times? Different QB's and different game plans.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t need to because the as he has shown throughout his career more often then not he folds
I liked the pickup at first as well Dean however, it is evident that Wentz will not snap back to his rookie type performance before getting hurt and our window of opportunity has about 2 years on it before slamming shut. I see what RR & staff was looking at with Wentz however, he just is not the same QB anymore. We really should have landed Garappolo like I said back then but got beat up for. Ron & staff will keep looking this off season once again for another strong armed QB to lead us beginning next year. TH is a great story, good back up QB and I am glad he is on the team. Let's savor this run we are on and enjoy it!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As @Breed stated, Heinicke's intangibles cannot be understated. The team believes TH gives them the best chance to win. I'd be lying if I haven't had thoughts of "does Wentz put us over the top?"

Does he make this offense dynamic? Couple that with a top 5 defense and are we right there with Dallas, Philly, and SF?

You still have to roll with TH right now. He's won four out of five and the team has won five out of six. He has the locker room and like in Bull Durham. "You never mess with a streak."
This is spot on kbso!

Heinicke's mobility (9 sacks versus 23) has been very important. I keep using a 70s analogy but someone said today TH is playing like Alex Smith. Nothing pretty but as long as he doesn't put the team in a bad spot the D and running game are giving the team a chance.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the pickup at first as well Dean however, it is evident that Wentz will not snap back to his rookie type performance before getting hurt and our window of opportunity has about 2 years on it before slamming shut. I see what RR & staff was looking at with Wentz however, he just is not the same QB anymore. We really should have landed Garappolo like I said back then but got beat up for. Ron & staff will keep looking this off season once again for another strong armed QB to lead us beginning next year. TH is a great story, good back up QB and I am glad he is on the team. Let's savor this run we are on and enjoy it!
Let's savor this run we are on and enjoy it! :yes:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is spot on kbso!

Heinicke's mobility (9 sacks versus 23) has been very important. I keep using a 70s analogy but someone said today TH is playing like Alex Smith. Nothing pretty but as long as he doesn't put the team in a bad spot the D and running game are giving the team a chance.
Yep, I used to kill the posters who couldn't wait to run Alex Smith outta town. They pointed to his stats and I pointed to the W/L record. All he did was win here. I'm trying to take my own advice and not be a hypocrite. All TH has done for the most part is win. So I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is W's and L's. Stick with the W's for now.

Another analogy. Gibbs came from San Diego under Air Coryell and tried to install that here. The team went 5-0. They turned more to Riggins and the run game and let Joey T manage the game. They finished that year 8-8 and went on to win the SB the next year.

Don't screw with the formula for the time being.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I used to kill the posters who couldn't wait to run Alex Smith outta town. They pointed to his stats and I pointed to the W/L record. All he did was win here. I'm trying to take my own advice and not be a hypocrite. All TH has done for the most part is win. So I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.
my thing with CDC was the trade . , that and a poster who thought he was the 2nd coming as well

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a 1% better completion percentage and about 47 yards more per game passing; however, he is averaging .6 less per attempt than TH. That is very telling. TD-int is comparable but yes CW is slightly ahead and only 2% ahead on rating. CW also gets sacked twice as much each game costing us twice as many yards, putting the offense in horrible positions to sustain drives and tiring out his defense. That is why Wentz has a QBR of 33 and TH is over 44. That is also why TH is averaging 22.5 PPG and CW only 17. Isn’t the job of the offense to score?
Damn it. I wanted to mention ypa. A lotta people and I'm included in that group believe that generally speaking ypa is the most telling stat among the stats of QBs. 6.4 which is Wentz's ypa over 6 games is unacceptable. Taylor's 7.0 ypa is respectable. And the sacks are important as well though some of them have to be attributed to play calling imo. Personally I think Turner had Wentz passing too much. In his first 4 games he had 40+ att and another game with 38 att. Taylor's high in his 5 games is 33 att, he had 31 att in another game and 3 games under 30 att. And I'm not sure if the running game has improved significantly during Taylor's tenure, but it has been employed more during his tenure. And sure, its the job of the offense to score. Just as its the job of the offensive play caller to call plays to help increase the odds of scoring. I believe the play calling in that regard has been better under Taylor than it was under Wentz. Which imo has worked hand in hand with the defense giving up less points per game in Taylor's 5 games. Look at the Skins FG kicking. In the first 3 games they didn't even attempt a FG, in the first 5 games only 2 were tried and in 6 games a total of 5 were attempted with 4 being made. In the last 5 games the Skins have attempted 13 with 12 being made.

So let me ask you this. The same people are making the calls, why has that improved? Or is that just the perception based on limitations and situations CW put the team in?
I think Turner became however you wanna say it, mindful, cautious, scared of looking back at a game n seeing that Taylor had 37 or more pass attempts. Maybe Turner and RR looked back at some games, 1st Philly game (even behind at 24-0 at the half) and the Dallas game and thought did we have to call 52 pass plays in the Philly game when you include the 9 sacks and 46 pass plays when you include the 2 sacks n 2 intentional groundings in the Dallas game. If they did that, I can see them saying no, we didn't. Particularly in the Dallas game where they had 142 rushing yards on 27 carries. That of course is all speculation on my part.

I am also not saying he makes individual players around him better. I am saying he makes the team better than when it has CW.
We're on the same page then.

I havent paid much attention to Dallas. I will say Dak was returning from a gruesome injury and the last two games has scored 49, 28, and 40 points.
If you listen to any sports talk shows in the daytime its impossible not to hear about Dallas. Hell, you'd think them, the Chiefs and the Bills are the only teams with names in the NFL and all the other teams are named the other guys. its a little sickening really.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing with CDC was the trade . , that and a poster who thought he was the 2nd coming as well
I wanted to trade for Alex, but I did think what we gave up was a little excessive. I just remember all the Keenum would be just as good here as Alex and when he got here we lost a bunch of games. To your credit, you were never in favor of the trade.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to trade for Alex, but I did think what we gave up was a little excessive. I just remember all the Keenum would be just as good here as Alex and when he got here we lost a bunch of games. To your credit, you were never in favor of the trade.
I am mostly always against giving up multiple picks and/or players for one guy be it wince , CDC , Dcrap , RGME

perhaps we should have moved up for a fields but I generally don’t like to do it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Irsay is a nut. SO yes. You cant say that about TH or Wentz. You dont know if Wentz will have the run first game plan. Turner expected him to throw 40 times per game and he doesnt trust TH to do that. SO what does that tell you? Are you saying CW cant be a game manager? He cant hand the ball off 47 times? Different QB's and different game plans.

We do know that run first was the game plan even with Wentz. We just couldn’t do it because of down and distance And constantly being behind. RR is a run first coach.

Turner does not dictate the game plan. He executes his offense but he does not control the plan. The plan was never to have Wentz throw it 40 times per game.

He ended up throwing it 40 times because we are always behind and in 3rd and long. The Chicago game plan is what RR wanted. And what happened…we won.