• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heinicke is QB1 moving forward per report.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Irsay is a nut. SO yes. You cant say that about TH or Wentz. You dont know if Wentz will have the run first game plan. Turner expected him to throw 40 times per game and he doesnt trust TH to do that. SO what does that tell you? Are you saying CW cant be a game manager? He cant hand the ball off 47 times? Different QB's and different game plans.

Oh I forgot. Carson Wentz cannot be a game manager Because you have to throw occasionally and feel the pocket. He is incapable.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. I wanted to mention ypa. A lotta people and I'm included in that group believe that generally speaking ypa is the most telling stat among the stats of QBs. 6.4 which is Wentz's ypa over 6 games is unacceptable. Taylor's 7.0 ypa is respectable. And the sacks are important as well though some of them have to be attributed to play calling imo. Personally I think Turner had Wentz passing too much. In his first 4 games he had 40+ att and another game with 38 att. Taylor's high in his 5 games is 33 att, he had 31 att in another game and 3 games under 30 att. And I'm not sure if the running game has improved significantly during Taylor's tenure, but it has been employed more during his tenure. And sure, it’s the job of the offense to score. Just as its the job of the offensive play caller to call plays to help increase the odds of scoring. I believe the play calling in that regard has been better under Taylor than it was under Wentz. Which imo has worked hand in hand with the defense giving up less points per game in Taylor's 5 games. Look at the Skins FG kicking. In the first 3 games they didn't even attempt a FG, in the first 5 games only 2 were tried and in 6 games a total of 5 were attempted with 4 being made. In the last 5 games the Skins have attempted 13 with 12 being made.
Doesn’t this also scream of the offense’s inability to move the ball under Wentz?
I think Turner became however you wanna say it, mindful, cautious, scared of looking back at a game n seeing that Taylor had 37 or more pass attempts. Maybe Turner and RR looked back at some games, 1st Philly game (even behind at 24-0 at the half) and the Dallas game and thought did we have to call 52 pass plays in the Philly game when you include the 9 sacks and 46 pass plays when you include the 2 sacks n 2 intentional groundings in the Dallas game. If they did that, I can see them saying no, we didn't. Particularly in the Dallas game where they had 142 rushing yards on 27 carries. That of course is all speculation on my part.
Seriously go back and look at the difference in the offense’s ability to consistently move the ball under Wentz. Pay close attention to down and distance.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do know that run first was the game plan even with Wentz. We just couldn’t do it because of down and distance And constantly being behind. RR is a run first coach.

Turner does not dictate the game plan. He executes his offense but he does not control the plan. The plan was never to have Wentz throw it 40 times per game.

He ended up throwing it 40 times because we are always behind and in 3rd and long. The Chicago game plan is what RR wanted. And what happened…we won.

you go back to the Jax game and Wentz threw 41 times. We had the lead until the 4th qtr when we had to come back after his ints. The Lions game we got behind and he was forced to throw. Defense didnt hold up. Eagles and Cowboys games we were behind most of the game. Titans game was close, and he threw 38 times. Turner wanted Wentz to throw. The offensive scheme is totally different now TH is QB1. I think we saw 4 jet sweeps yesterday. They never called that with Wentz.

Plus, there was no B rob. SO, the game plan was not ground and pound like it is now. Why its working right now is b/c the defense is average 2 turnovers a game when it didn't do that with CW. The offense is a totaly different schme right now

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t this also scream of the offense’s inability to move the ball under Wentz?
Perhaps. Or perhaps it speaks to trying too hard to be a passing offense.

Seriously go back and look at the difference in the offense’s ability to consistently move the ball under Wentz. Pay close attention to down and distance.
To what purpose? Are you claiming the offense in the beginning of games was as run-centric under Wenyz as it is under Taylor?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you go back to the Jax game and Wentz threw 41 times. We had the lead until the 4th qtr when we had to come back after his ints. The Lions game we got behind and he was forced to throw. Defense didnt hold up. Eagles and Cowboys games we were behind most of the game. Titans game was close, and he threw 38 times. Turner wanted Wentz to throw. The offensive scheme is totally different now TH is QB1. I think we saw 4 jet sweeps yesterday. They never called that with Wentz.

Plus, there was no B rob. SO, the game plan was not ground and pound like it is now. Why its working right now is b/c the defense is average 2 turnovers a game when it didn't do that with CW. The offense is a totaly different schme right now
we have gibby and we could have used him

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Wentz threw it 40 times against Jax and we ran it 30. We dominated that game offensively.

The offense didn’t hold up against Detroit. Do you even pay attention? The offense didn’t move the ball at all in the first half and wore the defense out.

Again, you are under this delusion that Turner sets the offensive plan. RR sets the plan for the team. Turner may call the plays. If Turner was calling all those plays and mustered 8, 10, 17, and 12 points.

Perhaps but Samuels had four rushes against Jax, 1 against Detroit and even McLauren got a rush, 3 against Eagles, and TM had two rushes against Chicago.
Your list of excuses is extensive. Robinson is averaging 3.4 ypc. It is working right now because the down and distance is very good.

I agree the offense is a different scheme now because TH doesn’t have the arm. Well, CW lacks mobility and awareness. There is a reason CW and the offense could not score…and it was all CW.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Or perhaps it speaks to trying too hard to be a passing offense.

To what purpose? Are you claiming the offense in the beginning of games was as run-centric under Wenyz as it is under Taylor?

No. I am saying it could not be run-centric because of down and distance.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot to mention TH is not turning it over like CW did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Wentz threw it 40 times against Jax and we ran it 30. We dominated that game offensively.

The offense didn’t hold up against Detroit. Do you even pay attention? The offense didn’t move the ball at all in the first half and wore the defense out.

Again, you are under this delusion that Turner sets the offensive plan. RR sets the plan for the team. Turner may call the plays. If Turner was calling all those plays and mustered 8, 10, 17, and 12 points.

Perhaps but Samuels had four rushes against Jax, 1 against Detroit and even McLauren got a rush, 3 against Eagles, and TM had two rushes against Chicago.

Your list of excuses is extensive. Robinson is averaging 3.4 ypc. It is working right now because the down and distance is very good.

I agree the offense is a different scheme now because TH doesn’t have the arm. Well, CW lacks mobility and awareness. There is a reason CW and the offense could not score…and it was all CW.

We were coming back in that Det game, then the defense let up a TD on a jet sweep. Cant have that. You admit the scheme is different. That is my whole point. CW can hand off the ball too. Yes Turner makes the calls on whether to run or pass not RR. RR and Turner put the gameplan in together, but Turner makes the calls during the game, but RR can override the call.

The running game is totally different now with Robinson. Did you see the 3rd and 1 play when he was stopped 4 yards in the backfield? He still got the first down. Those plays dont show up in the stat sheet but are huge. Robinson got a big first down where he had no blocking. He is a huge differnce in the running game. How is that an excuse?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention TH is not turning it over like CW did.

TH has turned the ball over in every game expect last. The Houston DB dropped an int. Should have been every game he played. This is from a run first scheme right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were coming back in that Det game, then the defense let up a TD on a jet sweep. Cant have that. You admit the scheme is different. That is my whole point. CW can hand off the ball too. Yes Turner makes the calls on whether to run or pass not RR. RR and Turner put the gameplan in together, but Turner makes the calls during the game, but RR can override the call.

The running game is totally different now with Robinson. Did you see the 3rd and 1 play when he was stopped 4 yards in the backfield? He still got the first down. Those plays dont show up in the stat sheet but are huge. Robinson got a big first down where he had no blocking. He is a huge differnce in the running game. How is that an excuse?

We didn’t score in the first half. First five possessions were 3 and out except for the one that was two plays because Detroit got a safety on it. So you expect the defense to keep the Lions scoreless in the second half? You completely dismiss the defense forcing a punt after the CW second half pick, or the offenses second half success was from a prevent style defense.

I never said the scheme wasn’t different. TH limits the offense. The problem is CW sucks ass. Yes, CW can hand the ball off; however, he has to throw it occasionally. When CW drops back, he takes horrible sacks and has no awareness. This puts the team in horrible down and distance situations. The one game where CW handed it off a lot, the offense scored 12 points. The defense that only plays well for TH though, held the Bears to 7. CW had to good games…both against a couple of the worst defenses in the league.

If you believe Turner overrules RR, then you are a dumb ass. Turner calls the play according to the game plan set forth by the coaches, headed by RR.

Robinson averages 3.4 ypc. He is not Jerome Bettis and only gets short yardage. Robinson is getting plenty of opportunities.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn’t score in the first half. First five possessions were 3 and out except for the one that was two plays because Detroit got a safety on it. So you expect the defense to keep the Lions scoreless in the second half? You completely dismiss the defense forcing a punt after the CW second half pick, or the offenses second half success was from a prevent style defense.

I never said the scheme wasn’t different. TH limits the offense. The problem is CW sucks ass. Yes, CW can hand the ball off; however, he has to throw it occasionally. When CW drops back, he takes horrible sacks and has no awareness. This puts the team in horrible down and distance situations. The one game where CW handed it off a lot, the offense scored 12 points. The defense that only plays well for TH though, held the Bears to 7. CW had to good games…both against a couple of the worst defenses in the league.

If you believe Turner overrules RR, then you are a dumb ass. Turner calls the play according to the game plan set forth by the coaches, headed by RR.

Robinson averages 3.4 ypc. He is not Jerome Bettis and only gets short yardage. Robinson is getting plenty of opportunities.

I said RR overrules Turner, but Turner calls the plays. The oline is playing way better now than when CW was the starter. Yes the defense is playing out of its mind for TH. Fact. The running game is better with Robinson. It allows the team to use AG as a slot WR. Robinson is the short yardage back we needed. He has already proved it. Thats why we spent a 3rd rounder for him. THe whole point here is if you give CW this gameplan that TH is getting he will be just as successful or even more successful. Plus give CW this defense that is getting 2 turnovers a game he would have the same record. I refuse to believe the 5-1 record is about TH. TH has made plays but the defense and running game is what's winning right now

When RR said the reason was "winning" when he made the change to TH, no one said how you are winning.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said RR overrules Turner, but Turner calls the plays. The oline is playing way better now than when CW was the starter. Yes the defense is playing out of its mind for TH. Fact. The running game is better with Robinson. It allows the team to use AG as a slot WR. Robinson is the short yardage back we needed. He has already proved it. Thats why we spent a 3rd rounder for him. THe whole point here is if you give CW this gameplan that TH is getting he will be just as successful or even more successful. Plus give CW this defense that is getting 2 turnovers a game he would have the same record. I refuse to believe the 5-1 record is about TH. TH has made plays but the defense and running game is what's winning right now

When RR said the reason was "winning" when he made the change to TH, no one said how you are winning.

Turner calls the plays according to a game plan set by RR.

You claim the OL is playing better. Sometimes OL play has to do with the QB sucking ass.

The defense is playing very well. Could it have to do with getting an occasional rest because the offense is getting first downs? Could that be a factor?

How are you measuring the run game? Robinson is not being used as a short yardage back.

So, with AG back there, JD couldn’t run the slot?

You claim Wentz can be successful with this game plan. There is no evidence for that. CW doesn’t sustain drives and takes horrible sacks. This kills the game plan. The one time they were able to continue with CW, he scored 12 points.

You can refuse to believe whatever you want. Same team…different result. CW never would have beat Philly. He would have been sacked nonstop.

If you are winning and you do t make a change, it is at least in part because of TH over CW.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner calls the plays according to a game plan set by RR.

You claim the OL is playing better. Sometimes OL play has to do with the QB sucking ass.

The defense is playing very well. Could it have to do with getting an occasional rest because the offense is getting first downs? Could that be a factor?

How are you measuring the run game? Robinson is not being used as a short yardage back.

So, with AG back there, JD couldn’t run the slot?

You claim Wentz can be successful with this game plan. There is no evidence for that. CW doesn’t sustain drives and takes horrible sacks. This kills the game plan. The one time they were able to continue with CW, he scored 12 points.

You can refuse to believe whatever you want. Same team…different result. CW never would have beat Philly. He would have been sacked nonstop.

If you are winning and you do t make a change, it is at least in part because of TH over CW.

Actually, the evidence was last year with the Colts. He had 28TD's and 8 INTs with an offense much like we are now. Running game and defense. TH has 4 picks in 5 games He had 8 in 17 games. Give him the offensive scheme we have now, and he will be winning too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the evidence was last year with the Colts. He had 28TD's and 8 INTs with an offense much like we are now. Running game and defense. TH has 4 picks in 5 games He had 8 in 17 games. Give him the offensive scheme we have now, and he will be winning too.
he is running the same scheme

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me know when we have Jonathan Taylor and his OL from IND.

CW is averaging more turnovers per game than TH.

It is the same scheme. We just aren’t getting behind down and distance.