• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat preseason thoughts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted my post....why quote my post if you weren't talking about my post? Real genius you are

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you talking about dude? I didn't say he was anywhere close to LeBron. Bron is the best in the game, but Deng is about as good of a replacement as you can find.

Your # 5 comment, first sentence...

"The drop off from LeBron to Deng isn't as drastic as people make it out to be.. as long as he stays healthy."

Your words, not mine. Of course nobody can replace LeBron but to say the drop off between the two isn't drastic I disagree with. Deng's a nice player, but not in LeBron's league. LD simply doesn't have the all around skill set that LBJ has.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your # 5 comment, first sentence...

"The drop off from LeBron to Deng isn't as drastic as people make it out to be.. as long as he stays healthy."

Your words, not mine. Of course nobody can replace LeBron but to say the drop off between the two isn't drastic I disagree with. Deng's a nice player, but not in LeBron's league. LD simply doesn't have the all around skill set that LBJ has.

You are completely mis-interpreting that sentence then.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Deng was a good defender. He is. Deng is a solid basketball player. He isn't LeBron.. but who is? LeBron's game is clearly better than Deng's. No one is saying it isn't. But if Deng can offer Miami 17/6, Miami will be fine. LeBron's efficiency is unmatchable by anyone in today's game.

All Miami fans are saying is this. Deng will pick up a lot of LeBron's slack. What is left over will be up to Bosh/Wade to make up. Guys like McRoberts/Granger/ even Ennis are going to have chip in. Miami may have become to reliant on James the last few years (as is the case with any team with that caliber player). Miami won 54 games last year. I think Miami has pretty solid shot of matching that total this year. Playoffs? Who knows. Injuries/team chemistry/random bounces of the ball will determine that. I will wait till April to worry. For now, as a Heat fan I expect home court advantage in round 1.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted my post....why quote my post if you weren't talking about my post? Real genius you are

Yeah & I said "that person". I wasn't talking about you, go back & read my comment to figure out who I was actually talking about.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drop off from LeBron to Deng isn't as drastic as people make it out to be.. as long as he stays healthy.
QUOTE]

Really?

LeBron: 27.5 ppg, 7.2 rebs, 6.9 asts, 1.7 stls

Luol: 16.0 ppg, 6.3 rebs, 2.5 asts, 1.0 stl

LeBron has been in the league 11 years & Deng 10. In that one extra year LBJ has 12,000+ more career points. There will be a big drop off @ the 4 spot this year for the Heat this year. Deng's a good player but his game is nowhere near LBJ's game.

LMFAO!:lol:

Yeah, that's like saying the drop off from Kobe to Swaggy P wasn't drastic:scratch:.

There is no replacing Lebron.

But, AZ Sting is correct.

The Heat pulled off about the best salvage job possible.

Melo would have been great offensively.

But, he is an albatross on defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked crisp out there. Sharp cuts, good flow, but not enough yelling at Mario Chalmers.

It's the pre-season man. They have some new players who need to learn the system. By the time the season starts, they'll be on top of that aspect of their game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That person said the drop off from LeBron to Deng isn't as drastic as some have made it out to be. If he wasn't comparing their all around games (which would include career stats) then he must have been comparing them by height. And you mention the defensive end huh...how many time has LBJ been named 1st or 2nd team all defense & how many times has Deng been named to an all defensive team?

Just stop. You're trying too hard to have an argument that isn't there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's all good. Hell I'm not even a Cavs fan but I am tired of some Heat fans here on SportsHoopla & their inability to just say how truly disappointed they are that LBJ left rather than always finding something to bash him about. He did this...he did that, oh just shut-up (SOME) Heat fans & get a damn box of Kleenex! Because had LBJ stayed in Miami the vast majority of Heat fans would have nothing negative to say about him.

1. Any and all Heat fans would have loved to hear say that James was committed to the franchise and see him extend another 4+ years.

2. MOST Heat fans did NOT want to go through the annual opt out bullshit, and if that was how it was going to be, are glad he is gone now so we can begin the championship rebuild process correctly.

3. Deng doesn't even come close to replacing James, but for what was available, he was by far the best option.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami struggled on offense tonight against a team who allegedly has no defense.

I can see that as being a problem for the Heat throughout the year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read much into preseason especially from a team that made a lot of roster moves. I don't expect a team with a lot of new players (1 of them being out) to look very good on offense in the first few real games they actually played with each other. In addition to this as a coach you're messing with rotations to see which combinations work best.

Love when clowns overreact to preseason in any sport

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats on your Cavs.....I mean your Lebron beating the Heat in the preseason. The Heat have a ton of new pieces that have to learn the system. But, I would understand how you have trouble comprehending this, so please, continue with your crusade.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read much into preseason especially from a team that made a lot of roster moves. I don't expect a team with a lot of new players (1 of them being out) to look very good on offense in the first few real games they actually played with each other. In addition to this as a coach you're messing with rotations to see which combinations work best.

Love when clowns overreact to preseason in any sport
All I did was give my opinion on last nights game. No overreaction whatsoever.

If you don't want opinions on your teams play "in the pre-season" then don't start threads about them on the general board "in the pre-season"

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wade wears down again and Deng gets injured the Heat fans will disapear as fast as they showed up after the decision. Just saying.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because all the Heat fans on here weren't posting on CBS way before Lebron came to Miami. Shut the fuck up because you know nothing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on your Cavs.....I mean your Lebron beating the Heat in the preseason. The Heat have a ton of new pieces that have to learn the system. But, I would understand how you have trouble comprehending this, so please, continue with your crusade.
The outcome of last night's game meant nothing to me.

I've always had a soft part in my heart for Cleveland teams, long before LeBron was even born.

I'll root for them when they're not playing my teams, but I won't do so if it comes down towards the end of the season and I need them to lose for playoff ramifications.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outcome of last night's game meant nothing to me.

I've always had a soft part in my heart for Cleveland teams, long before LeBron was even born.

I'll root for them when they're not playing my teams, but I won't do so if it comes down towards the end of the season and I need them to lose for playoff ramifications.

There's a word I'm looking for right now...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because all the Heat fans on here weren't posting on CBS way before Lebron came to Miami. Shut the fuck up because you know nothing.

:peep:

Ummmmm.....I know a few of you wanted Hairston over Napier.

But, you have to be encouraged.

The guy is a winner and I think he can be just as good as Kemba if giver the minutes.

You guys will be fine.

It was a fricken preseason game for goodness sakes:noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

It's a chemistry thing.

Both teams incorporated more than a few new players.

So, it's gonna take some time.

I think it was easier for the Cavs because outside of Bron, their biggest acquisition is a shooter.

Shooters just shoot...no matter what uniform they wear.

The Heat guys have to learn a whole new playbook because they brought in bangers and slashers for the most part.