• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat own Cleveland once again in Miami

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the box score ? look at one night of box scores to evaluate those guys? Both of who's best attribute is defense

The best game I think Shumpert has played all year he did not score even one single point. He shadowed Curry and shut him down

and please, Bskballer got what i was saying- of COURSE you do the Dragic deal- even if the picks are unprotected (as long as you resign him like we discussed)-

but in order to get salaries to match you had to give up some decent bench players-

Danny Granger is a SHELL of his former self- but- especially another year out after he got healthy- I would trust Granger to play 15 minutes in the postseason. Hes a serviceable 6th or 7th or 8th guy.

Shawne Williams is absolutely nothing special. But he had started 22 games- and was shooting a pretty damn good 39.5% from 3 - and was a wing that could stretch the floor.

Norris Cole is not even one of the better backup point guards in the NBA- but he had played decent in the playoffs and had about 60 games of playoff experience the last 3 seasons.....

in order to get the Salaries to match- since you guys didnt give up a significant player- you had to cobble together a bunch of your bench players.

you ABSOLUTELY make the deal again as i said- and I have really enjoyed watching Dragic play- its a lot easier now that he is in the East on a team that gets a lot of attention.

but like i said- that trade- coupled with the injuries- basically turned the bottom end of the HEats rotation into a mess.

And as i said- I would do the same exactthing if I was Riley- you gotta make that move- and then just pray those unprotected picks dont end up being better than you thought (like when the Clips traded the Cavs their unprotected pick -and a 2.3% chance turned into the #1pick and THE Kyrie Irving)

Well, I'm still waiting for your list(s) of reasons of why TT is a better option on the court over Bird as a backup C for 15 minutes.
Next, give me any reason (other then he shares James agent) that the Cavs will be tying up at least 52/4M in him.

As far as Shump, JR and the other couple guys in your rotation, like I said, they are serviceable role players but on their own are just average NBA players who aren't difference makers which has been proven by the results of the seasons where they have played for teams that don't have James.

Back to the Heat. Beasley has way more upside then Grainger or Williams. Cole tries hard, but whatever, he isn't reliable or consistent enough to worry about losing.
I like what I see and the upside of Tyler Johnson much more. He plays with the pit bull mentality of a player like Delly, but has tons more natural athletic ability.

Then, and the best one yet, you tell me not to look at the box score of 1 game which is fair, but then on the other hand want to tell me how Shump shut down Curry.:L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said multiple times if i were riley id make the same move- but the obvious downside of the move is you guys suck from your 5th player on.---

I'm not going to waste me time looking back any further, but lets just look at the Heat and Cavs benches this week. I'll exclude Cavs/Nets game because there was so much garbage time.
I would assume that if you went back further, the stats would remain similar.

Heat vs Cavs : Bench played 51 minutes ( Beasley, Walker, Chalmers, Anderson). 27 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists.

Heat vs Portland: 63 minutes ( Beasley, Chalmers, Anderson, Johnson) 13-9-3.

Heat vs Denver: 99 minutes ( Beasley, Chalmers, Walker, Anderson--)Dragic and Johnson each played the last minute ). 33-22-12.

Not sure where any of that sucks, and matter of fact, often times our bench provides a spark.

Cavs vs Heat. 46 minutes. 20-11-5 ( Shump, Jones, Marion, Delly, Perkinks).

Cavs vs Pacers. 64 minutes. 19-10-7 (Delly, TT, Jones, Shump).

So, I'm just not seeing where we suck, or you are that great.

The only real advantage the Cavs have over the Heat as far as making them the overall better team is that you have James and we have Deng.

Switch those 2 players around and we PROBABLY SWEEP you in a series.

Back to Bird vs T.T.

When we played Monday, Bird in 15 minutes had 4-3-0 and 1 block.
T.T. in 27 minutes was 7-8-0.

As I've stated, if I had to have one to play starters minutes, Ill take TT because of his age.
If I'm looking for 15 or so minutes, give me Bird.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, as far as your bench and all that other nonsense, besides rhetoric, please tell me with actual reasons why you would rather have TT as your backup center for 15 minutes a game instead of Bird. Your 'real' backup centers are HORRIBLE. Perkins is garbage x100.

Actual reasons?!? From Wiggy?!?

Looking for any other miracles while you're at it?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to waste me time looking back any further, but lets just look at the Heat and Cavs benches this week. I'll exclude Cavs/Nets game because there was so much garbage time.
I would assume that if you went back further, the stats would remain similar.

Heat vs Cavs : Bench played 51 minutes ( Beasley, Walker, Chalmers, Anderson). 27 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists.

Heat vs Portland: 63 minutes ( Beasley, Chalmers, Anderson, Johnson) 13-9-3.

Heat vs Denver: 99 minutes ( Beasley, Chalmers, Walker, Anderson--)Dragic and Johnson each played the last minute ). 33-22-12.

Not sure where any of that sucks, and matter of fact, often times our bench provides a spark.

Cavs vs Heat. 46 minutes. 20-11-5 ( Shump, Jones, Marion, Delly, Perkinks).

Cavs vs Pacers. 64 minutes. 19-10-7 (Delly, TT, Jones, Shump).

So, I'm just not seeing where we suck, or you are that great.

The only real advantage the Cavs have over the Heat as far as making them the overall better team is that you have James and we have Deng.

Switch those 2 players around and we PROBABLY SWEEP you in a series.

Back to Bird vs T.T.

When we played Monday, Bird in 15 minutes had 4-3-0 and 1 block.
T.T. in 27 minutes was 7-8-0.

As I've stated, if I had to have one to play starters minutes, Ill take TT because of his age.
If I'm looking for 15 or so minutes, give me Bird.

your really dissecting the box scores of like 2 or 3 games to determine who has the better bench? Did you take a bunch of peyote last night?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs bench is bad.

I would take the current heat bench over the Cavs bench.

Matter of fact I would take all the other 29 teams benches over the Cavs bench

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs bench is bad.

I would take the current heat bench over the Cavs bench.

Matter of fact I would take all the other 29 teams benches over the Cavs bench

How is this possible? Any player who dons a Cavs uniform automatically morphs into, at worst, an all-star caliber player.

If you don't believe me, ask Wiggy. He'll tell you aaaaallll about it in at least 3 consecutive 2500 word posts.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Team Stats 2014-2015 - NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats

Change the drop downs to 2014-2015..make sure it is bench.. You can see which team has the best worse bench between Miami and Cleveland. Currently, Miami is ranked 28th out of 30. Cleveland is ranked 30 out of 30. Wiggy is literally arguing a strong bench for the team that ranks dead last. Not sure arguing Miami's case is much better...but it is marginally better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Change the drop downs to 2014-2015..make sure it is bench.. You can see which team has the best worse bench between Miami and Cleveland. Currently, Miami is ranked 28th out of 30. Cleveland is ranked 30 out of 30. Wiggy is literally arguing a strong bench for the team that ranks dead last. Not sure arguing Miami's case is much better...but it is marginally better.

Now you've gone and done it. Prepare yourself for a minimum of 3 consecutive 2500 word posts from Wiggy that will claim to refute what you have stated, but will actually be about some completely different outlier stat that has little or nothing to do with your post. :nod:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not surprised. The only decent scorer they have on the bench is TT. Everyone else is trash and even TT is very inconsistent off the bench

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Cleveland bench PPG is not close to any of the teams ahead of them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAWD these Heat fans are dumb!! Why can't they see that Cleveland clearly has the better bench because it's Cleveland's bench.

:gaah:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could prob get you 8 different bank accounts with $100. in each if that helps...
Funny thing is Cleveland bench PPG is not close to any of the teams ahead of them.

To be fair, and certainly agreeing that neither bench is that great, but especially in Miamis case, we had our perceived bench players forced to become starters because of all the injuries.
That only makes your bench that much worse.

The Cavs revamped their roster in January.

I think you would get a much truer comparison if you just had the stats for a more recent, concentrated amount of games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's bad ass Pacers allow the Nets a whopping 63 first half points.
Yes, the same Nets that played triple OT last night and then had to travel.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We really need any cushion we can get from Indy, Boston, & Charlotte.

Pretty sure we lose to OKC tomorrow so this would be nice

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need any cushion we can get from Indy, Boston, & Charlotte.

Pretty sure we lose to OKC tomorrow so this would be nice

I'm not saying we will win tomorrow, but if we can't beat Ok City without Durant, Ibaka, and Kanter, then we still have issues.

Dragic will force Westbrook to use up a lot of energy on the defensive end.
We just need to play inside out and stay away from the 3's, understanding from the opening tip that we are probably playing a team more desperate than us.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Pacers? lol

They have just played the Cavs tough. - did again last night.

The Cavs have much better depth on their roster than the Heat. ITs just a fact

the Heat START Haslem's corpse! start it!

Chalmers is their best reserve- who is horrible.

Shumpert and Thompson are so much better than those two its ridiculous. and what is really hilarious is people knit picking the Cavs- the same Cavs that have been the BEST TEAM in the NBA since they got their team together.

you would think from reading these posts that the Cavs were struggling to get in the playoffs and were under .500. Its hilarious

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers is a better bench player than Shump

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00