• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat own Cleveland once again in Miami

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Pacers? lol

They have just played the Cavs tough. - did again last night.

The Cavs have much better depth on their roster than the Heat. ITs just a fact

the Heat START Haslem's corpse! start it!

Chalmers is their best reserve- who is horrible.

Shumpert and Thompson are so much better than those two its ridiculous. and what is really hilarious is people knit picking the Cavs- the same Cavs that have been the BEST TEAM in the NBA since they got their team together.

you would think from reading these posts that the Cavs were struggling to get in the playoffs and were under .500. Its hilarious

We start Haslem so that when we go to the bench, we can still attempt to have some scoring on the court.
It's the same reasoning that since the Cavs don't know how to incorporate Love into the game plan with James/Kyrie that he/the Cavs would be better served to have him come off the bench.

I'm still waiting for a reason, any reason, that you can give me that TT is a better 15 minute option at C than Bird.

The Cavs record changed when James got healthy/interested and decided to play like the Miami Heat version of James.
If you think ANYTHING else accounts for those wins you are living in a world of delusion.

Yes, the addition the Cavs made were all positive, needed, moves..but without James none of them would make a hill of beans of any type of difference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, as long as you've rooted that statement with irrefutable facts...oh wait...

It is an irrefutable fact that any bench player wearing a Cleveland uniform is the best bench player in the league. Therefore, since all bench players in Cleveland uniforms are the best bench players in the league, then Cleveland has the best bench in the league.

How many times do Wiggy and I have to explain this? :noidea:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an irrefutable fact that any bench player wearing a Cleveland uniform is the best bench player in the league. Therefore, since all bench players in Cleveland uniforms are the best bench players in the league, then Cleveland has the best bench in the league.

How many times do Wiggy and I have to explain this? :noidea:

hehe, CLEARLY we don't have the two of you's infallible insight. you may have to hit us up a few more times there, bro...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehe, CLEARLY we don't have the two of you's infallible insight. you may have to hit us up a few more times there, bro...

I'm beginning to think y'all are a lost cause. I kind of expect Heat fans to be a tad slow. But you're a Lakers fan.

Very disappointing. :tsk:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think y'all are a lost cause. I kind of expect Heat fans to be a tad slow. But you're a Lakers fan.

Very disappointing. :tsk:

You were way cooler then us when you're user name was a different color.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers is a better bench player than Shump
you are crazy.

There is not a single thing that Mario Chalmers does above average on the basketball- while Shumpert is very obviously a very good defender.

and while Perkins, JJones, Miller, Marion are all obviously past their primes- they can still be effective when they are not asked to do too much and are the type of players all good teams have on their benches that make runs and compete for the title. THEY HAVE PROVED THEY ARE GOOD BENCH PLAYERS BY DOING IT BEFORE

Tyler Johnson, Henry Walker, Shabazz Napier?- they are the opposites of the Cavs deep bench players- They have never had any kind of moments in the NBA- and they are better suited as d-leaguers- They have never proved anything before-

ATLANTA- Thabo Sefolosha, Elton Brand, Dennis Schroeder, Perio Antic, Mike Scott, Kent Bazemore

CHICAGO- Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Aaron Brooks, Tony Snell, Nazr Muahammed, Kurt Heinrich, Doug McDermont

CLEVELAND- Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Mathew Dellavadova, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Kendrick Perkins

TORONTO- Greivis Vasquez, Lou Williams, Patrick Patterson, Tyler Hansbrough, James Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields,

WASHINGTON- Ramon Sessions, Martell Webster, Kris Humphries, DeJuan blair, Kevin Seraphin, Otto Porter Jr. , Drew Gooden

MILWAUKEE- John HEnson, Miles Plumlee, OJ Mayo, Jared Dudley, Jeryd Bayless, Tyler Ennis,

INDIANA- Luis Scola, Rodney Stuckey, Chris Copeland, CJ WAtson, CJ Miles, Ian Mahinmi, Lavoy Alle

CHARLOTTE- Marvin Williams, Bismack Biyombo, Mo Williams, Gerald Henderson, Noah Vonleh, Jeff Taylor, UD alum Brian Roberts, Jason Maxiel

MIAMI- Chris Anderson, Mario Chalmerse, Tyler Johnson, Henry Walker, James Ennis, Shabazz Napier, Zoran Dragic

I mean cmon now- Miami is EASILY has the least talent of any of these teams. Mario Chalmerse and Chris Anderson are the only guys on Miamis bench that even really belong in the NBA.- every other teams top 2 bench players (and in the playoffs- a phrase INVENTED by Pat Riley is, play 8, trust 7)....but think of it...Chalmers and Anderson- or guys like Thabo Sefolosha and Dennis Schrodeder- a great young PG, and a shut down perimeter defender- or Tristan Thompson and Shumpert- one of the best offensive reboudners in the ENTIRE league bench or not, and a great perimeter defender, or Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez- Lou Williams is a GREAT bench scorer and Vasquez is arguably the best bench PG out there, Washington has a very solid bench wing in Webster that can do a little of everything and at bench bigs like Blair and Humphries would START in Miami right now over Haslems Corpose. John Henson is a stud bench defender and OJ Mayo an ideal bench scorer in Milwaukee, Charlotte? has a loaded bench- Mo Williams has been amazing for them- Marvin Williams is an ace perimeter bench guy that can defend or score, and they have young talent like Vonleh and Biyombo, ...Indiana? Scola is a great versatile bench big that can stretch defenses while Rodney Stuckey has been a very good backup PG and played solid while Hill was hurt. Chicago? LOL- Taj Gibson and Mirotic would probablyboth START in Miami at the 3 and 4.

Look at those benches. Miami OBVIOUSLY HAS THE LEAST TALENT. - every other team has guys that can at least play roles and bring SOMETHING to the table deeper on the bench after their top 2 guys EXCEPT Miami. I mean seriously? James ENnis, Henry Walker? Tyler Johnson? these are d-leaguers. they are hopelessly less talented when compared to guys.

If I was a Miami season ticket holder I would bring suit against Riley for negligence for the job he did of adding depth to that team. They are a bunch of dleaguers- or guys like Anderson who's better days are long past and cant play more than 20 minutes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up the other teams in the east is irrelevant. We know Miami bench is bad with the current state of the roster. Point is the Cavs bench is just as bad if not worse.

Michael Beasley is a better bench player than whoever the Cavs 3rd best bench player is.

Stats prove that EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE BENCH IS BETTER THAN CLEVELAND.

Men Lie

Women Lie

Numbers don't

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are crazy.

There is not a single thing that Mario Chalmers does above average on the basketball- while Shumpert is very obviously a very good defender.

and while Perkins, JJones, Miller, Marion are all obviously past their primes- they can still be effective when they are not asked to do too much and are the type of players all good teams have on their benches that make runs and compete for the title. THEY HAVE PROVED THEY ARE GOOD BENCH PLAYERS BY DOING IT BEFORE

Tyler Johnson, Henry Walker, Shabazz Napier?- they are the opposites of the Cavs deep bench players- They have never had any kind of moments in the NBA- and they are better suited as d-leaguers- They have never proved anything before-

ATLANTA- Thabo Sefolosha, Elton Brand, Dennis Schroeder, Perio Antic, Mike Scott, Kent Bazemore

CHICAGO- Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Aaron Brooks, Tony Snell, Nazr Muahammed, Kurt Heinrich, Doug McDermont

CLEVELAND- Tristan Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Mathew Dellavadova, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Kendrick Perkins

TORONTO- Greivis Vasquez, Lou Williams, Patrick Patterson, Tyler Hansbrough, James Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields,

WASHINGTON- Ramon Sessions, Martell Webster, Kris Humphries, DeJuan blair, Kevin Seraphin, Otto Porter Jr. , Drew Gooden

MILWAUKEE- John HEnson, Miles Plumlee, OJ Mayo, Jared Dudley, Jeryd Bayless, Tyler Ennis,

INDIANA- Luis Scola, Rodney Stuckey, Chris Copeland, CJ WAtson, CJ Miles, Ian Mahinmi, Lavoy Alle

CHARLOTTE- Marvin Williams, Bismack Biyombo, Mo Williams, Gerald Henderson, Noah Vonleh, Jeff Taylor, UD alum Brian Roberts, Jason Maxiel

MIAMI- Chris Anderson, Mario Chalmerse, Tyler Johnson, Henry Walker, James Ennis, Shabazz Napier, Zoran Dragic

I mean cmon now- Miami is EASILY has the least talent of any of these teams. Mario Chalmerse and Chris Anderson are the only guys on Miamis bench that even really belong in the NBA.- every other teams top 2 bench players (and in the playoffs- a phrase INVENTED by Pat Riley is, play 8, trust 7)....but think of it...Chalmers and Anderson- or guys like Thabo Sefolosha and Dennis Schrodeder- a great young PG, and a shut down perimeter defender- or Tristan Thompson and Shumpert- one of the best offensive reboudners in the ENTIRE league bench or not, and a great perimeter defender, or Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez- Lou Williams is a GREAT bench scorer and Vasquez is arguably the best bench PG out there, Washington has a very solid bench wing in Webster that can do a little of everything and at bench bigs like Blair and Humphries would START in Miami right now over Haslems Corpose. John Henson is a stud bench defender and OJ Mayo an ideal bench scorer in Milwaukee, Charlotte? has a loaded bench- Mo Williams has been amazing for them- Marvin Williams is an ace perimeter bench guy that can defend or score, and they have young talent like Vonleh and Biyombo, ...Indiana? Scola is a great versatile bench big that can stretch defenses while Rodney Stuckey has been a very good backup PG and played solid while Hill was hurt. Chicago? LOL- Taj Gibson and Mirotic would probablyboth START in Miami at the 3 and 4.

Look at those benches. Miami OBVIOUSLY HAS THE LEAST TALENT. - every other team has guys that can at least play roles and bring SOMETHING to the table deeper on the bench after their top 2 guys EXCEPT Miami. I mean seriously? James ENnis, Henry Walker? Tyler Johnson? these are d-leaguers. they are hopelessly less talented when compared to guys.

If I was a Miami season ticket holder I would bring suit against Riley for negligence for the job he did of adding depth to that team. They are a bunch of dleaguers- or guys like Anderson who's better days are long past and cant play more than 20 minutes

:pound: I told you fuckers that this was gonna happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman Shumpert in the month of march.

Avg 4.6 PPG on 34% shooting and 26% from 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shump isn't anything special. He's a decent defender and that's about it.

Chalmers is the better overall player....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for a reason, any reason, that you can give me that TT is a better 15 minute option at C than Bird.

T
We start Haslem so that when we go to the bench, we can still attempt to have some scoring on the court.

LOl, who are you starting Haslem over that would give you offense at the 4? I mean you are joking with that right? Haslem is beyond done at this point. - and the only other option at the 4 I see that is above d league value is Anderson- who needs a lot of rest.

As for Anderson or Thompson, i mean, please you have got to be kidding me.

Thompson plays less than 28 minutes a night- yet he is still 4th in the NBA in offensive rebounds- and the other 3 guys play more minutes than he does. Pretty much the only better offensive rebounders in the league this year have been Drummond and Jordan. Thompson has developed into an absolute terror on the glass- and he is not even in his prime- while Anderson is well past his prime-

Thompson has also developed into a very solid defender- and unlike Anderson- when put in a pick and roll Thompson can switch on his defender- AND he has the ability to show hard and disrupt the high pick and roll. -for example the other night when Tony Parker was taking a shot to ice the game vs. the Cavs- Thompson switched onto him and defended him beautifully. Anderson cant do that anymore.

Not too mention- but Thompson is one of the most durable guys in the league. HE plays every single night- and he can start when called upon. Anderson has a hard time playing on back to back nights- and on a team like Miami who's other fellow back big men are? WHO exactly?- that hurts.

Also- when Thompson is hot- he can really help the team- and the Cavs go to him. Like the night against Miami where Thompson abused Anderson and the other Miami bigs inside when he went 7/8 for 17 points.

In fact- Chris Anderson is little more than a garbage man that can barely play 20 minutes a night. Do you know how many times he has scored over 12 points this season? TWICE

Thompson? 14 times. Hes developed great chemistry with Kyrie and when he gets a mismatch- like with Anderson covering him- he can make the other team pay for ignoring him- which is something Anderson cant do. You dont even have to cover Anderson. You DO have to account for Thompson.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: I told you fuckers that this was gonna happen.

do you see the benches of the other East teams? They are guys that you ACTUALLY know who they are- and have talent- I mean- even a team like the Bobcats. Mo Williams is a damn good bench guy. Noah Vonleh has some big time talent. Biyombo is a great rim defender to bring off the bench.

To be honest with you- if Anderson or Haslem got hurt, who would even play C or PF for the Heat? They would have to sign a guy off the street.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you see the benches of the other East teams? They are guys that you ACTUALLY know who they are- and have talent- I mean- even a team like the Bobcats. Mo Williams is a damn good bench guy. Noah Vonleh has some big time talent. Biyombo is a great rim defender to bring off the bench.

To be honest with you- if Anderson or Haslem got hurt, who would even play C or PF for the Heat? They would have to sign a guy off the street.

Maybe I missed it but whoever said the Heat bench was good? Comparing it to the other 13 teams in the East excludiing the Cavs is pointless because I don't recall anyone arguing that the Heat had a better bench than the other teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it but whoever said the Heat bench was good? Comparing it to the other 13 teams in the East excludiing the Cavs is pointless because I don't recall anyone arguing that the Heat had a better bench than the other teams.

The Cavs bench is a ton better! Tristan Thompson would without a freaking doubt START for the Heat and is one of the best big men to come off the bench in the entire league.

At this point we are not going to get anywhere with this conversation.

If you really think Mario Chalmers is a more valuable bench player than Iman Shumpert I dont know what to say. I watched Iman Shumpert shut down some explosive scorers in this league- and the Steph Curry game he did not put up even 1 point- but he played a great game. If points scored was the only stat that mattered than I guess Rudy Gay is better than Tim Duncan, or Victor Oladipo is better than Goran Dragic.

If you would feel better about bringing in Henry Walker in a close playoff game you have to win than Mike Miller- than again- I just do not know what to say. If you had an opposing wing player getting hot- and had to bring Henry Walker or Shawn Marion off the bench to give your team a solid 10-15 minutes for the game than I just dont know what to say.

If you think that Chris Anderson can give more than Tristan Thompson than I question if you even watch the games. I think Anderson is a playable big but at this point in his career at the age of 36 years old- he simply cannot do the stuff Thompson can - ESPECIALLY defensively where Thompson has really turned into a guy who can switch on pick and rolls and hold his own, that can show on the high pick, disrupt the play and get back to his man, who can finish some crazy alley-oops- and who- when the defense ignores him- can make the pay.

who are these two players? Since stats are your end-all be all apaprently.

19.4 minutes, 4.0 pts, 5.5 rebounds, 0.7 blocks, 0.8 assists

19.5 minutes, 5.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.0 block, 0.7 assists

Those two players are Anderson and Perkins. Basically the same exact players. Except Perkins is 30, and Anderson is 36

Chris Anderson is a basically a mirror image of Perkins at this point in his career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading isn't one of your strong points I see

I'm sure after having Miller & Marion as the water boys all year long he would magically start playing them in the playoffs.....that makes sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading isn't one of your strong points I see

I'm sure after having Miller & Marion as the water boys all year long he would magically start playing them in the playoffs.....that makes sense.

I just REALLY REALLY hope the Cavs and Heat play in the playoffs because I am calling it 4-0 or 4-1.

To quote Riley - in the playoffs you play 8 and trust 7. Other guys will play but they wont be in the regular rotation. I expect Miller, JJones, Marion, Perkins to get minutes here or there depending on matchup, foul situations, etc.-

The Cavs that is

1. LeBron
2. Kyrie
3. Love
4. Mozgov
5. Shumpert
6. Smith
7. Thompson
8. Dellavadova

with Miller, JJones, Perkins, Marion being situational.

the Heat that is (and correct me if I am wrong- since you would know more about their top 8 than me)

1. Wade
2. Dragic
3. Deng
4. Whiteside
5. Haslem
6. Anderson
7. Chalmers
8. Walker

with Johnson, Napier, Ennis, being situational.

When rest is equal, with the Cavs with home court, with the Cavs who will likely have the ability to rest guys down the stretch, while the Heat will likely have to scratch and claw their way in- .

The Cavs will destroy the Heat.

If it happens- I would be more than willing to make an avatar bet with any of you Heat fans that the Heat will not get more than 1 game at most.

Let us just hope and pray this series happens. I want to see it so bad. - all though- the Bucks have been playing TERRIBLE ball of late. the 6th spot is up for grabs.

If I am the Heat- if they can play well enough to somehow get up to the 6th spot- and then only have to play Toronto first round- I would still pick Toronto- but holy crap would that be awesome if somehow the 3/6 is Heat/Toronto- the Heat win and we have a 2nd round matchup against the Cavs.

talk about ratings....that would be amazing.