• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat get commitments from Josh McRoberts and Granger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if LBJ leaves. He helped Miami win 2 Championships. He did his part. If he wants to go back home let him be. Yeah it sucks he would jump ship twice, im not a fan of that but still. Im just sick of all this drama these guys do. Make a decision and let other teams move on. This is the same for Melo. Make a decision or at least knock someone off your top 3. Make a move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if LBJ leaves. He helped Miami win 2 Championships. He did his part. If he wants to go back home let him be. Yeah it sucks he would jump ship twice, im not a fan of that but still. Im just sick of all this drama these guys do. Make a decision and let other teams move on. This is the same for Melo. Make a decision or at least knock someone off your top 3. Make a move.

:agree:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signings were definitely interesting. Miami has to re-tool. I wasn't expecting them to get Melo or Gortat...or hell, even Ariza. If the big 3 comes back, they have better quality players in McRoberts and Granger (barring he's healthy). Add another quality PG (hopefully Nelson), along with Cole and Napier then you have a solid rotation. If Birdman and Ray Allen come back then there's no reason why Miami can't be back in title contention. I also like James Ennis, but feel he'll be on the bench alot. But who knows? We're still waiting on some people to make a decision.

This.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want these guys to be able to make decisions more quickly, there is a really simple solution:

Allow teams to talk to/meet with free agents as soon as the Finals end. Nobody can sign until July 1, but if a contract is expiring players should be able to "interview" while still technically under contract.

It is not fair to say that teams cannot have contact with free agents until July, but then we expect these players to make such important decisions within a couple days of the start of free agency?

I know if I had multiple employers vying to hire me, it would take some time reflect and figure out what I wanted to do. Trouble is, this process is inconvenient and stressful for fans, but think about what these players are really going through. Nothing about these decisions is easy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Gortat would of been a nice player for the Heat. That would of been scary.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Houston after hearing that from Bosh I would of told him he has 24 hrs to make a decision. If not we pull the offer. Houston needs to take control of the situation. Right now Bosh is in control.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Houston after hearing that from Bosh I would of told him he has 24 hrs to make a decision. If not we pull the offer. Houston needs to take control of the situation. Right now Bosh is in control.

I think Houston appreciates the honesty.
These other clowns should learn from it.

Anyone else think there's merit to James/Riley
wanting Bosh to leave so they can then grab Carmelo?

If not, Melo needs to announce today.
Nothing's changing in NY/LA scenarios.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that Houston needs to pull the offer after today. Bosh wont see that kind of money from anyone else. Plus Houston is a great situation for him. He goes back to being a PF(Stretch 4 now), doesn't have to cover Centers. He can now play in pick and pop game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that Houston needs to pull the offer after today. Bosh wont see that kind of money from anyone else. Plus Houston is a great situation for him. He goes back to being a PF(Stretch 4 now), doesn't have to cover Centers. He can now play in pick and pop game.

And how does that improve Houston?

Why isn't NY, LA , and the other Melo hopefuls pulling their offers?

At least the Rockets KNOW they are option 1 for him if James leaves.

Once Riley meets with James this will all be over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does that improve Houston?

Why isn't NY, LA , and the other Melo hopefuls pulling their offers?

At least the Rockets KNOW they are option 1 for him if James leaves.

Once Riley meets with James this will all be over.

What do you mean how does this improve Houston. They can move on and maybe sign Parsons or another player.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this behavior has a trickle down effect too...just look at college football recruiting. I understand that some of these kids will never get this kind of attention again but man that whole situation has gotten way out of control.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want these guys to be able to make decisions more quickly, there is a really simple solution:

Allow teams to talk to/meet with free agents as soon as the Finals end. Nobody can sign until July 1, but if a contract is expiring players should be able to "interview" while still technically under contract.

It is not fair to say that teams cannot have contact with free agents until July, but then we expect these players to make such important decisions within a couple days of the start of free agency?

I know if I had multiple employers vying to hire me, it would take some time reflect and figure out what I wanted to do. Trouble is, this process is inconvenient and stressful for fans, but think about what these players are really going through. Nothing about these decisions is easy.

Great idea from a fan's perspective, but not the NBA's. What is happening right now, is exactly what the NBA wants to happen. It's the off-season and right now, everyone is focused on and talking about the NBA.