• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat get commitments from Josh McRoberts and Granger.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what's their flexibility to sign players? They can't just sign multiple guys to 10 or 12 mil deals if the guys they're bringing back puts them over the salary cap.

EDIT: Nvm. Saw your edit after I posted.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, now LoneGranger can root for Miami.

d24b92b83b9f5112bac5812c225fc7d1.320x240x158.gif

Haha, I forgot about that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signings were definitely interesting. Miami has to re-tool. I wasn't expecting them to get Melo or Gortat...or hell, even Ariza. If the big 3 comes back, they have better quality players in McRoberts and Granger (barring he's healthy). Add another quality PG (hopefully Nelson), along with Cole and Napier then you have a solid rotation. If Birdman and Ray Allen come back then there's no reason why Miami can't be back in title contention. I also like James Ennis, but feel he'll be on the bench alot. But who knows? We're still waiting on some people to make a decision.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ALL of you are missing something here.

NOBODY will get signed that LEBRON didn't OK in the first place. They didn't just go out and grab these guys without his blessing. There is a plan in place here.

Clearly there is a plan in place here, but for those assuming that these signings indicate that the big 3 are all coming back, you guys are jumping to conclusions.

Of course Riley is making all of his moves now with the expectation that he will be able to re-sign both James and Bosh. Playing it any other way would be tragically stupid on his part, but that does not mean that the deals are in the bag.

Also, if Bosh and Wade take less, that could still allow the Heat to get one more solid player that they could not if they get close to the max.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oden and miami are in talks. dont know why they would bring him back. miami has no shot at deng now. deng would of been perfect for the heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oden would only get the veterans min

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i know but why waste money and a spot. they should try and keep beasley instead of oden
Lebron and Spolestra did not like Beasley's lack of focus. if you hear about Beasley coming back, odds are that Lebron is gone or Spolestra pulled a Kidd.:L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Spolestra did not like Beasley's lack of focus. if you hear about Beasley coming back, odds are that Lebron is gone or Spolestra pulled a Kidd.:L

Then I hope I'm thanking James for the last 4 years.
Fuck him if he wants to blame Beasley for any of the teams shortcomings.
The players on the court, including him, got their asses kicked by the Spurs.
Beasley wasn't playing.
Blame Wade for often being the worst player on the court.
Blame all the old guys for looking old.
Blame the shooters for missing wide open shots.
Blame Chalmers/ Cole for not effectively running the offense.
Blame Spoelsta for being stubborn.
Blame the air conditioning.
Blame Arison for not paying Miller.
Blame the Spurs for being really good.
Don't blame the man who wasn't even dressed for most of the series.

....end of rant......

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ALL of you are missing something here.

NOBODY will get signed that LEBRON didn't OK in the first place. They didn't just go out and grab these guys without his blessing. There is a plan in place here.
I can't imagine Lebron oking the signing of Danny Granger. if he did then more power to him...but they HATED this guy in the not too distant past, and reports came out that the players urged Riley to choose Caron Butler over Granger after the deadline last year. Also its my opinion that Granger is washed up. Maybe you can blame some of what happened last year on the injury...but he just looked so inept all of last year....but good luck with him. Maybe he can turn it around, but I'm not betting on it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know but why waste money and a spot. they should try and keep beasley instead of oden

Beasley has talent, but no substance. People who suggest that the Heat coaching staff need to develop him don't really understand how precious little practice time they have and how much of it is dedicated to game planning.

I could easily make the case that signing Beasley would be a waste of $ and a spot. He doesn't fit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I hope I'm thanking James for the last 4 years.
Fuck him if he wants to blame Beasley for any of the teams shortcomings.
The players on the court, including him, got their asses kicked by the Spurs.
Beasley wasn't playing.
Blame Wade for often being the worst player on the court.
Blame all the old guys for looking old.
Blame the shooters for missing wide open shots.
Blame Chalmers/ Cole for not effectively running the offense.
Blame Spoelsta for being stubborn.
Blame the air conditioning.
Blame Arison for not paying Miller.
Blame the Spurs for being really good.
Don't blame the man who wasn't even dressed for most of the series.

....end of rant......

It is not about the Spurs series. You are correct that you can't blame Beasley for that.

Thing is though, if he were able to focus he would have been part of the rotation. Don't blame Spo on this one when the guy played his way out of the rotation in both Minnesota and Phoenix. He isn't good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Lebron oking the signing of Danny Granger. if he did then more power to him...but they HATED this guy in the not too distant past, and reports came out that the players urged Riley to choose Caron Butler over Granger after the deadline last year. Also its my opinion that Granger is washed up. Maybe you can blame some of what happened last year on the injury...but he just looked so inept all of last year....but good luck with him. Maybe he can turn it around, but I'm not betting on it

LeBron always spoke highly of granger even though they had their issues

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not about the Spurs series. You are correct that you can't blame Beasley for that.

Thing is though, if he were able to focus he would have been part of the rotation. Don't blame Spo on this one when the guy played his way out of the rotation in both Minnesota and Phoenix. He isn't good.

Minnesota and Phoenix have nothing to do with this year.

I'm not claiming to know more about basketball then you, but I'm pretty sure I do know more about Beasley.
Beasley didn't lose playing time because of anything he did wrong.
His loss of minutes was a direct result of the failed Oden experiment.
Once Hibbert abused Oden, Spoelstra was forced to start giving many more minutes to Haslem.
The trickle down affect started from there.
Spoelstra was all over the place with rotations , with Wade missing so many games the primary reason.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granger sucks. Waste of a roster spot. This helps Miami in no way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota and Phoenix have nothing to do with this year.

I'm not claiming to know more about basketball then you, but I'm pretty sure I do know more about Beasley.
Beasley didn't lose playing time because of anything he did wrong.
His loss of minutes was a direct result of the failed Oden experiment.
Once Hibbert abused Oden, Spoelstra was forced to start giving many more minutes to Haslem.
The trickle down affect started from there.
Spoelstra was all over the place with rotations , with Wade missing so many games the primary reason.

Spo's rotations were very frustrating, I will give you that. I did not watch many Heat games in which Beasley played significant minutes, but I have seen enough Beasley in the past to know that he is an immense tease and he just does not have the intangibles. I can see why fans would want him to play, but as a former high school coach of 10 years, it is very obvious to me why he doesn't.

You have said that Beasley's approach was different this year, and that may be true, but from my experience a tiger doesn't change his spots. It takes time and reps to change bad habits, and Beasley had a lot of them. I hope for his sake that he is on the right track. While Beasley is much more talented than Haslem, Lewis, etc., the Heat coaches did not trust him to do his job on the court. If they were able to, he would have been in there. No doubt about it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Beasley is that he is relatively young and has talent. Until he is no longer young, there will always be a team willing to take a flyer on him.

I agree with turnup. Imo, if Beasley weighs into Lebron's decision re: returning to the Heat in any way, the Heat should thank him for the past 4 years and send him on his way. At that point it would show that he's just looking for an excuse to leave.