• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks at Vikings - Wild Card

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Bitter cold. I feel bad for players on both sides. It's now money time though and our team knows what it takes.
Go Hawks!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't surprise me if there is a better than expected showing of 12s in the stands for this game. The needle on the thermometer should take prices down along with the temp, so tickets will be cheap to come by and many home fans may not be inclined to deal with the weather just to watch their team lose. I also heard yesterday on 710 that you could get round trip airfare and a ticket to the game for 3 hundy. That's not bad at all.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't surprise me if there is a better than expected showing of 12s in the stands for this game. The needle on the thermometer should take prices down along with the temp, so tickets will be cheap to come by and many home fans may not be inclined to deal with the weather just to watch their team lose. I also heard yesterday on 710 that you could get round trip airfare and a ticket to the game for 3 hundy. That's not bad at all.

Me no likey this kind of talk. It has jinx written all over it. Now go say three Hail Wilson's and feed a four leaf clover to a unicorn before we are doomed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me no likey this kind of talk. It has jinx written all over it. Now go say three Hail Wilson's and feed a four leaf clover to a unicorn before we are doomed.
Haha, maybe I should have warned to look away for superstitious folks. I just don't worry about that stuff....

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which phase of the game is hurt the worst in subfreezing weather? Being a west coast guy my whole life I've never experienced 0 degrees. My instincts say the pass game will be most affected.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which phase of the game is hurt the worst in subfreezing weather? Being a west coast guy my whole life I've never experienced 0 degrees. My instincts say the pass game will be most affected.

Coldest I've been in was -20F in Chicago. You never want to be that cold. Exposed skin actually hurts and the moisture in your breath freezes on your mustache/beard in seconds.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems alot of fans are assuming the cold will benefit minny, but im just not seeing how either team benefits. If it hurts the pass, they cant pass anyways so it makes them extremely one dimensional

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd go with kicking, both kickoffs and field goals are going to be harder as the ball is going to feel like 30 pounds when its kick. Could affect the field goal range for both kickers and Lockett (sp) could have a field day like last week.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with kicking, both kickoffs and field goals are going to be harder as the ball is going to feel like 30 pounds when its kick. Could affect the field goal range for both kickers and Lockett (sp) could have a field day like last week.

I've heard that there could be a decent wind blowing too, which might have a bigger impact on kicks than the cold does. Could we see both teams going for it on 4th down within normal field goal range more often because of both factors? What about more 2-point conversion attempts now that the extra points aren't gimmes?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with that. Kicking game may be affected big time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems alot of fans are assuming the cold will benefit minny, but im just not seeing how either team benefits. If it hurts the pass, they cant pass anyways so it makes them extremely one dimensional
Yeah, I don't really get that either -- that the Vikings benefit from the cold. Maybe just since they suck at passing anyway? I dunno....they lost their best lead blocker to injury, have virtually zero passing threat, and we're supposed to think they'll still be effective running on us? To me it's a stretch. It's not like we have to prepare for a dual threat in the backfield like they do.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally depends on the moisture level and the condition of the actual field. And the wind. I've seen it work both ways in that kind of weather, where the ground game was the only way to move the ball, and I've also seen it where the receivers had a decided advantage, because they of course know which way they're going to cut, and the D-backs tend to slip and fall trying to react. Result? Some wide open receivers and big pass plays.

Depending on the conditions, the potential MVP of the game can be the equipment manager and his staff.

The craziest story I ever heard was a Eskimos/Stampeder game in the snow and ice where guys were getting hurt being stepped on, because the Esks had put drywall screws in their shoes instead of cleats.

As for the WX effecting one team more than another, it can indeed do that, but not necessarily. I've seen it go both ways, where the home team has the advantage, and where the team with the supposed disadvantage played better.

If someone hasn't done it already, someone should call one of the radio phone in shows, and have the Hawks equipment staff call and talk to the Eskimos/Stampeder/Blue-Bombers equipment managers.

Layering. Footing. Hydrating (can't forget that even though it's cold)

After googling, one Erik Kennedy is the Hawk equipment guy. He could be a MVP Sunday. I'll take the 'K' in Erik as a good sign. :)

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold, but I think the Hawks win. Vikes don't have an answer for Wilson.... They handled Rodgers, but he is not mobile like Wilson. Only hope is the hawks go to Lynch with his comeback and they stop him but still trying to ram him through.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that the field has heating elements built into it so the field itself should not be an issue.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that playoff tickets are selling for $70 cause of the extreme cold. Cheap if you can handle the cold.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that playoff tickets are selling for $70 cause of the extreme cold. Cheap if you can handle the cold.
Earlier this week I heard on the radio over here in the Seattle area that you could get a ticket to the game and round trip airfare for $300.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier this week I heard on the radio over here in the Seattle area that you could get a ticket to the game and round trip airfare for $300.

Damn, that's insane! You rarely hear about those deals, I'd sign up for that if I had the chance too.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's insane! You rarely hear about those deals, I'd sign up for that if I had the chance too.

Mad Dog Russo was talking about this today on his radio show. He said season ticket holders have been selling their seats as low as $45 because they don't want to sit outside. And those are mid field, 50 yard line seats. The game is not a sell out as a result and they only have 51000 seat capacity to begin with. Could be a pretty quiet home crowd.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad Dog Russo was talking about this today on his radio show. He said season ticket holders have been selling their seats as low as $45 because they don't want to sit outside. And those are mid field, 50 yard line seats. The game is not a sell out as a result and they only have 51000 seat capacity to begin with. Could be a pretty quiet home crowd.

Bet the fans wished the game was back in the Metrodome.