• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks at Vikings - Wild Card

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
predicted temps for next week in Minnesota, low teens and 6 degrees on Saturday, according to KJR'S Mitch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked the line according to Yahoo. Now 5.5 from last night's 4.5. Early money on Hawks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
predicted temps for next week in Minnesota, low teens and 6 degrees on Saturday, according to KJR'S Mitch.
That's pretty cold. Probably doesn't matter too much unless it's windy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that stood out to me during the GB/MIN telecast was the fact that the Vikings have had the same starting OL the entire season... That's unheard of this day and age...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stood out to me was how innefective bridgewater is even against the terrible GB defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe that GB was the first team the Vikings had beaten all season with a .500 or better record...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stood out to me was how innefective bridgewater is even against the terrible GB defense.

he was terrible. I just can't seem him leading the Vikings to a win against the Hawks. that left handed lob he attempted in last night's game was unbelievable

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should come away with a win, but just remember they played the Cards tough and that was on the road. Also Packers beat them some thing like 30 to 13 the first time, then got beat second time they played, so Seahawks need to play well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should come away with a win, but just remember they played the Cards tough and that was on the road. Also Packers beat them some thing like 30 to 13 the first time, then got beat second time they played, so Seahawks need to play well.
Of course, Hawks can't just mail it in. But who thinks they'll do that? I certainly don't. Not after seeing how they showed up yesterday and put the smack down on the perceived best team. This team is too battle tested to stroll into a playoff game and not taking it seriously or not respecting the opponent.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, Hawks can't just mail it in. But who thinks they'll do that? I certainly don't. Not after seeing how they showed up yesterday and put the smack down on the perceived best team. This team is too battle tested to stroll into a playoff game and not taking it seriously or not respecting the opponent.
I think the Rams lost got the Seahawks motivated, that's a good thing. I fully expect the Seahawks to win, but I'm thinking it'll be tougher then last time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams lost got the Seahawks motivated, that's a good thing. I fully expect the Seahawks to win, but I'm thinking it'll be tougher then last time.
It almost has to be tougher than last time....that was a 31 point humiliation. Still like us to win by 2+ scores, but I'm not going to bet anyone and lay 30 points or anything.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost has to be tougher than last time....that was a 31 point humiliation. Still like us to win by 2+ scores, but I'm not going to bet anyone and lay 30 points or anything.
Just trying to temper expectations. You know how game threads go if the Seahawk hit a speed bump early on in games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to temper expectations. You know how game threads go if the Seahawk hit a speed bump early on in games.
Oh yeah, I deal with that crap when I watch the game with my old man....which is why I no longer watch with him or hang out in here during the games. It's sheer panic if we don't score a TD every possession or allow the other team to do anything good. I took my pop to the AZ game this year, drove his ass all the way up here and gave him one of my tickets, and he left in the 1st quarter because of the bad start. Then I had to wait for him to find me after for nearly 45 min so I could give him a ride home. Haha never again....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take turnovers and a complete shut down of our run game for us to lose. Bridgewater just doesnt have what it takes to beat us

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take turnovers and a complete shut down of our run game for us to lose. Bridgewater just doesnt have what it takes to beat us

I tend to agree. Bridgewater has been mediocre and if the Vikes get behind early it'll be a rout again

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I deal with that crap when I watch the game with my old man....which is why I no longer watch with him or hang out in here during the games. It's sheer panic if we don't score a TD every possession or allow the other team to do anything good. I took my pop to the AZ game this year, drove his ass all the way up here and gave him one of my tickets, and he left in the 1st quarter because of the bad start. Then I had to wait for him to find me after for nearly 45 min so I could give him a ride home. Haha never again....

LOL... Funny story... I don't watch games w/ my father in law anymore because all he does is complain every play when Seattle makes an error... Even more irritating is he is a bandwagoner... I've been true and blue with this team since 76, ok, '80 and have never looked back... I use to ask him to watch the Hawks w/ me in the late 90's/early '00 but he would say he was busy... '2012 on he was all in... Now he acts like he's been a Hawk believer since day one... Irritating...

Which is why I don't hang out in here as much because it's annoying watching people post after every single Seahawk mistake... Last time I checked, there isn't one team EVER in the history of the NFL that was perfect every single possession...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Funny story... I don't watch games w/ my father in law anymore because all he does is complain every play when Seattle makes an error... Even more irritating is he is a bandwagoner... I've been true and blue with this team since 76, ok, '80 and have never looked back... I use to ask him to watch the Hawks w/ me in the late 90's/early '00 but he would say he was busy... '2012 on he was all in... Now he acts like he's been a Hawk believer since day one... Irritating...

Which is why I don't hang out in here as much because it's annoying watching people post after every single Seahawk mistake... Last time I checked, there isn't one team EVER in the history of the NFL that was perfect every single possession...

My dad's a bit like that. He's never been a diehard sports fan and used to openly complain when me and my mom would want to watch a Seahawks or Mariners game when I was a kid (he still complains about it when my mom turns on Mariners games and usually chooses to go to another room to watch something else), but ever since the Hawks have been winning with regularity, all of a sudden he's eager to talk all things Seahawks and will even be the one to start the conversation. That being said, if things don't go right early and often, it's a lot harder to enjoy watching a game with him than it is when things go well from start to finish.

That's one of the reasons why I don't like participating in game threads until a game is over (the other reason being that my computer and my TV aren't in the same room and I wouldn't be able to concentrate on doing both even if they were) and sometimes won't participate at all. I love sports as much as the next guy, but I just don't see the point of overreacting whenever things don't go the way I want them to, especially when there's still plenty of time left in a game for things to turn around.

Happy New Year to everyone, by the way. I don't think I've said that yet.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My dad is kind've funny. He was a diehard Hawks fan all the way through the 80s (would drive 4+ hours to watch games in the Kingdome), but 92-96 really burned him out (or so he claims). Ever since then, when asked to watch the game with us, he's always like "No, why would I want to watch them lose". But, you sneak a peek into his room, he's sitting on the edge of the bed watching the game intently and cheering as much as anyone. After the game, he'll come out and act like he didn't watch it. I've never understood why he does this, but at this point I don't try to change him.

Last edited:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
temps dropping

Screen shot 2016-01-05 at 2.35.48 PM.jpg