• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks at Vikings - Wild Card

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injury status updates needed on: Lynch and Peterson

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch looks to be back at practice at Monday

Little Excited for this game

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about Lane's injury than Lynch's to be honest.

I get that Lynch would make a Hollywood Storybook Ending if he came back and ran wild. But it's just as likely that post surgery Lynch will have the same issues that Marshawn has had all year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Came acorss my Phone

We Pulled the 10:05 on Sunday Card

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle is the only team in the wild card round west of the central time zone so of course the NFL fucktards make them play a 10 o'clock game. I can damn well guarantee if they win that the divisional game the following week at Carolina will also be the early Sunday game.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That probably would have been my last choice of the four game times, but I guess they played Minny at the same time on a Sunday a few weeks back and it went okay. Can't expect that sort of result again with both teams likely having some players back from injury but I like this match-up better than playing on that ACL graveyard in DC.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That probably would have been my last choice of the four game times, but I guess they played Minny at the same time on a Sunday a few weeks back and it went okay. Can't expect that sort of result again with both teams likely having some players back from injury but I like this match-up better than playing on that ACL graveyard in DC.

That was my #1 but i work from 12-7 on Saturdays.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team we want to face. Bridgewater looked really flaky and Peterson just doesn't have the explosiveness that he used to have. I'd much rather face a known quantity in them vs. Cousins who's on fire. I don't think Bridgewater has it in him to put together a huge game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been so happy to drop a seed on the last game of the season.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances either way. Can't underestimate Minnesota's defense though since they will be more health this time around. It'll be a close game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that Lynch would make a Hollywood Storybook Ending if he came back and ran wild. But it's just as likely that post surgery Lynch will have the same issues that Marshawn has had all year.

Lane just can't stay healthy...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team we want to face. Bridgewater looked really flaky and Peterson just doesn't have the explosiveness that he used to have. I'd much rather face a known quantity in them vs. Cousins who's on fire. I don't think Bridgewater has it in him to put together a huge game.

Seahawks have been solid at stopping the run all year... minny is gonna come in trying to pound the rock...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What people are missing with Michael is they really aren't asking him to do as much as they were trying to in the past. He's not out every down so he's also not asked to play pass blocker nearly as much as Lynch is.

Lynch would not only be getting carries, but would be more involved in blitz coverage and pass blocking. He's been clutch at releasing and taking quick dumps on blown plays.

Even if Lynch isn't the Lynch of old, his impact should be felt in many more ways than what we are currently seeing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people are missing with Michael is they really aren't asking him to do as much as they were trying to in the past. He's not out every down so he's also not asked to play pass blocker nearly as much as Lynch is.

Lynch would not only be getting carries, but would be more involved in blitz coverage and pass blocking. He's been clutch at releasing and taking quick dumps on blown plays.

Even if Lynch isn't the Lynch of old, his impact should be felt in many more ways than what we are currently seeing.

Oh by no means am I trumpeting the future NFL career of Michael. I'm glad for him that he's gotten his mind right, and that speaks well of his potential to turn things around.

I'm just saying that the movie of the week narrative of Lynch riding off into the sunset is a nice fantasy, and I'd certainly love that as much as the next person, but that it's just as likely that he'll either struggle or be pedestrian when he comes back.

My hopes for next year rest on Rawls at the position.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by no means am I trumpeting the future NFL career of Michael. I'm glad for him that he's gotten his mind right, and that speaks well of his potential to turn things around.

I'm just saying that the movie of the week narrative of Lynch riding off into the sunset is a nice fantasy, and I'd certainly love that as much as the next person, but that it's just as likely that he'll either struggle or be pedestrian when he comes back.

My hopes for next year rest on Rawls at the position.
Yeah, but my point was Lynch can have just as big of an impact on the offense even if he doesn't break 50 yards because right now they are going empty sets and simply not using Michael the same as their offense normally requires of their backs on non run plays. Lynch will be able to pick up blocks and be an impact in the wheel routes and other release routes. Even if he just helps keep Wilson upright on passing plays he's an upgrade, or at least potentially so. They are super thin at TE. They need more options for working in that intricate line scheme and Lynch is entirely comfortable doing those things.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are probably the best matchup for us of the 3 we could have played, but right now I think the Packers are actually the worst team of the 3 both in terms of right now and also for over the whole second half of the season.

Biggest concern I have with the Vikings is that we stomped them so bad the first time that they'll be really eager at a chance to show they're a better team than that. They'll have a couple defensive starters back (presumably) who didnt even see the field last time, but we'll also have a couple guys back.

Yahoo sports had the opening line set at Hawks -4.5 last night, and early weather forecast (courtesy of B&S) says a high of 16 for Sunday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note about the upcoming matchup: last night, Minnesota lost TE/FB Rhett Ellison to a patella tendon injury. He's their best lead blocker, and him not being on the field is a definite blow to Minn's running game.