• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hatcher

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year a thread comes out before the season about breakout players and every year I pick Hatcher. Can we ALL finally agree that this guy is playing at an incredibly high level? Not only has he stepped up his play on hte field, but he seems to be the only guy on this team getting in other guys faces when need be. If we wait too long to resign him, I am going to miss him on this team next year, because a few more games like this and we may not be able to afford him...I know, I know...he has no position in a 4-3:bullshit:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...re’s-Out/02134a26-3014-4202-a8c5-4a650baccd21

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been a Hatcher fan and I agree his extension has been long over due. Pay the man Jerry.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher is a player

BTW....my pick was Harris. I still think he does more with the few opportunities afforded him than any player on this team. Harris has pretty much risen to the occasion since he's been a cowboy.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Both guys have proven to be solid players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris has been outstanding, Hather is earning himself a huge contract elsewhere next season as we won't be able to afford him, probably Washington lol, and Hayden has proven to be a good stop gap. Watch for Wilber, he has done well the during his pt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVE THIS!

“I’m the leader of this D-line now with D-Ware gone,” Hatcher said. “I’ve got to hold these guys accountable to play the game the right way and play their butts off and don’t approach the game like they’re backups. I talked to them after the game and said, ‘You guys are starters, so prepare like a starter this week.’ I’ve got to do my job as a leader to get these boys ready.”
Hatcher put together one of the best performances of his career Sunday against the Redskins, compiling two sacks to give him a career-high five for this season. With Ware out early with a quad injury, the defense needed the veteran to come through the way he did.

“It was a big game, but I still think I should have done some stuff better,” Hatcher said. “I couldn’t have done it without my teammates, without the whole defense. It’s not about me. I’m just a role player on this team.”

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVE THIS!

“I’m the leader of this D-line now with D-Ware gone,” Hatcher said. “I’ve got to hold these guys accountable to play the game the right way and play their butts off and don’t approach the game like they’re backups. I talked to them after the game and said, ‘You guys are starters, so prepare like a starter this week.’ I’ve got to do my job as a leader to get these boys ready.”
Hatcher put together one of the best performances of his career Sunday against the Redskins, compiling two sacks to give him a career-high five for this season. With Ware out early with a quad injury, the defense needed the veteran to come through the way he did.

“It was a big game, but I still think I should have done some stuff better,” Hatcher said. “I couldn’t have done it without my teammates, without the whole defense. It’s not about me. I’m just a role player on this team.”

:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sad we won't be able to keep the guy damn. I'm curious though with Hatch probably gone, and Spencer and Rat surely gone next season, should we trade Ware and start fresh on the DL? We would already have Crawford and probably Wilber who could play Weakside draft two more studs, would help us cap wise and I'm sure we could get a 2nd for Ware. Not saying I want this or would do it,
Just curious, I'll pull up the cap numbers in a few to see. Or what if we could keep Hatcher but only if we trade Ware would any of you do so?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sad we won't be able to keep the guy damn. I'm curious though with Hatch probably gone, and Spencer and Rat surely gone next season, should we trade Ware and start fresh on the DL? We would already have Crawford and probably Wilber who could play Weakside draft two more studs, would help us cap wise and I'm sure we could get a 2nd for Ware. Not saying I want this or would do it,
Just curious, I'll pull up the cap numbers in a few to see. Or what if we could keep Hatcher but only if we trade Ware would any of you do so?

I enjoy this type topics when the season is done...but that's just me I guess

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher is a player

BTW....my pick was Harris. I still think he does more with the few opportunities afforded him than any player on this team. Harris has pretty much risen to the occasion since he's been a cowboy.

My Offensive guy this year was Leary

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Offensive guy this year was Leary

I talked up Wilcox
but
I tend to get threads mixed up over time

IMO.....the coaches might have to get some serious credit if this continues. It's showing up in many areas throughout this football team. Love the mindset so far, and kinda like you said in another thread (I think), without the finger pointing from prior teams, not sure who is to blame on some of the big plays allowed this season.

We know they all give up plays but even with yardage allowed withstanding, I'm liking this defense. I'm liking the oline play, I'm liking the ST play. I'm liking the effort throughout the team most of all.

pretty soon.....coaching has to be considered as a factor to all this

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember for sure I think leary and Carter

Leary going good Carter is having trouble adjusting but I still think the kid is to good to not catch on in the end

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been a Harris fan as well as Beasley. Unfortunately they fight for playing time with each other but both are doing well. I sure would hate to lose Hatch or Ware.

I read somewhere last night that if JJ would have cut Rat in June it would have saved 5 million on the cap. Is this true?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing me, I probably chose Dunbar as my breakout player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been a Harris fan as well as Beasley. Unfortunately they fight for playing time with each other but both are doing well. I sure would hate to lose Hatch or Ware.

I read somewhere last night that if JJ would have cut Rat in June it would have saved 5 million on the cap. Is this true?

Not sure about $5M. When was his restructure done? The restructure added to the problem right now. Like I always say, these $ amounts don't go away when you restructure, you only put off the pain for another year, but the bills always come due if you restructure instead of cut. It's just Math. Little benefit to cutting Ratliff now for the 2013 cap - looks like under $1M. But you save starting next year if you cut him now. Next year: $6.9M instead of $8.2M and going forward: $0 instead of an average of around $9M per year for 2015-2017. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when...I think the way the "backups" have played, Ratliff better get healthy quick.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have read and heard, it sounds like a decision will becoming very soon with him. It doesnt sound to promising .

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a mistake letting Hatcher walk even if that means not bringing any street FA's. If we ere willing to restructure and find money for lesser guys in the past and guys who have been routinely injured you have to pay Hatcher his market value. Other than Dez and Smith who else is due to get paid?

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Hatch is exactly what this team needs, a leader. I know lots of folks think its only the job of the coaches, but I believe that every team needs vocal, get on you if you screw up types of guys. And he holds himself accountable. Please resign Jerry.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer won't be the tag next year, and putting in on Hatcher would be cheaper since it isn't the repeater (or whatever the second time you tag a player) is. I agree that he is a beast. I really would have loved to see what this 4-3 could have been with Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, and Spencer up there. The secondary would instant be lightyears better. Oh well

I guess my pick was the rookie Williams. I didn't really think I picked a "take the next step" guy, but thought he would take over the #3 spot and show us something. So far, not much but the talent is there. Needs to learn the NFL speed, routes, and Romo and he will be a legit #2 at the least.