• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hatcher

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a mistake letting Hatcher walk even if that means not bringing any street FA's. If we ere willing to restructure and find money for lesser guys in the past and guys who have been routinely injured you have to pay Hatcher his market value. Other than Dez and Smith who else is due to get paid?

Finding a way to sign those guys you speak of without cutting others is exactly part of the reason it will be tough to resign Hatcher. The other reason of course is Romo, Lee, Bryant, Smith, Murray, etc...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding a way to sign those guys you speak of without cutting others is exactly part of the reason it will be tough to resign Hatcher. The other reason of course is Romo, Lee, Bryant, Smith, Murray, etc...

I highly doubt Murray gets a second contract and at this point Carter is borderline

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Spencer won't be the tag next year, and putting in on Hatcher would be cheaper since it isn't the repeater (or whatever the second time you tag a player) is. I agree that he is a beast. I really would have loved to see what this 4-3 could have been with Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, and Spencer up there. The secondary would instant be lightyears better. Oh well

I guess my pick was the rookie Williams. I didn't really think I picked a "take the next step" guy, but thought he would take over the #3 spot and show us something. So far, not much but the talent is there. Needs to learn the NFL speed, routes, and Romo and he will be a legit #2 at the least.

i agree with tagging hatch. he's a little to old for the cowboys to give him a long term deal for as much as theyve been burnt on those deals in the past. that coupled with all the young players that could possibly be resigned take precedence. hatch has been fantastic!!! but im not comfortable with them giving him a long term deal. im all in for placing the franchise tag on him though!!!

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this team would probably be 5-1 or at least 4-2 with spencer, rat, and crawford healthy!!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team would probably be 5-1 or at least 4-2 with spencer, rat, and crawford healthy!!

Not sure I can agree with that.
I wasn't a Spencer fan.... and never thought he would be a player in a 4-3

Crawford on the other hand I thought was a perfect fit. Really hated him getting hurt

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this team would be insane to give Murray who has never even played more than 8 games in a season a contract. If its between Murray and Hatcher give me Hatch 10 out of 10 times.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Claiborne to be most improved this year....e's got a lot of ground to make up. He's been decent the last two games though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team would be insane to give Murray who has never even played more than 8 games in a season a contract. If its between Murray and Hatcher give me Hatch 10 out of 10 times.

Let's see how you feel after this week if he is out. Personally I watch how this Offense rolls with a healthy Murray and can't imagine us going without him, especially considering a lot of RBs aren't breaking the bank with their contracts lately. Either way, with or without him Hatcher is going to be a problem which was my point.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood your point I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. I just don't see the point in bringing Murray back. The problem with this team is we have too many guys like him who can't stay healthy, but will have their hands out when it's time to get paid. We need more Hatchers and less Murray's, Ratliffs, Spencers, Austins and other guys who can't stay on the field. This team has too many injury prone guys. I see no point in giving these type of guys money. It's not that hard to replace a rb iMHO. Unless you keep trying to get that guy in the 4th or 5th round.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how you feel after this week if he is out. Personally I watch how this Offense rolls with a healthy Murray and can't imagine us going without him, especially considering a lot of RBs aren't breaking the bank with their contracts lately. Either way, with or without him Hatcher is going to be a problem which was my point.

That's my only problem with Murray...he can't stay healthy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my only problem with Murray...he can't stay healthy.

please let me know what he did wrong on that run Sunday nite that caused his injury.

he's not damaged goods, perhaps snake bite but not damaged. He's actually a quality RB with the right desire to excel

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please let me know what he did wrong on that run Sunday nite that caused his injury.

he's not damaged goods, perhaps snake bite but not damaged. He's actually a quality RB with the right desire to excel

I'm leaning to the NOT resigning Murray. Granted he did noting wrong this Sunday, same as every other injury he recieved. Problem is he does get injured on a yearly basis. he is a very good FRANCHISE RB, when healthy, problem is he spends to much on the sideline with an injury. I wish this was not the case but can you risk signing him long term?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning to the NOT resigning Murray. Granted he did noting wrong this Sunday, same as every other injury he recieved. Problem is he does get injured on a yearly basis. he is a very good FRANCHISE RB, when healthy, problem is he spends to much on the sideline with an injury. I wish this was not the case but can you risk signing him long term?

So should we not have resigned Sean Lee? Heck, since this is a Hatcher thread, remember Hatcher was hurt every single year? He either missed time in the offseeason, the regular season or both. I'm not saying that we absolutely will resign Murray or even that we should right now, but I think injuries to a RB are going to happen and I'm not going to say that 3 years is enough to state with any certainty that it happen every single year. You have backups for a reason.

First couple of draft picks lately:
2010 - Dez has been hurt a lot; Lee has been hurt a lot
2011 - Smith no; Carter injured
2012 - Claiborne has been hurt; Crawford out for the year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So should we not have resigned Sean Lee? Heck, since this is a Hatcher thread, remember Hatcher was hurt every single year? He either missed time in the offseeason, the regular season or both. I'm not saying that we absolutely will resign Murray or even that we should right now, but I think injuries to a RB are going to happen and I'm not going to say that 3 years is enough to state with any certainty that it happen every single year. You have backups for a reason.

First couple of draft picks lately:
2010 - Dez has been hurt a lot; Lee has been hurt a lot
2011 - Smith no; Carter injured
2012 - Claiborne has been hurt; Crawford out for the year

I guess I look at it as a team with cap issues has to be wise with the cap these next 5 years. If we can find another RB with a better chance of playing 16 games we need to look at that option. I'm not saying get rid of the guy, but we have to take his missed games into account. The good thing is we don't have to make this decision until next season. He's not a FA, until the 2015 season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well that's fine with me manster.
By all means....take a stand

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if the offense flows w/o Murray - if he doesnt play this week. When he went out the other night, it was pretty shaky

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From hearing JG talk today, I wouldnt bet on Murray being out this week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From hearing JG talk today, I wouldnt bet on Murray being out this week.

Really??? That is good news. I'll have to check out the Press Conference.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if the offense flows w/o Murray - if he doesnt play this week. When he went out the other night, it was pretty shaky

Big time shaky...but, sometimes when a guy gets a little more practice time during the week he looks a little better in the next game. If Murray is out let's hope that happens.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG could be saying that for gamemanship as well. I think its a possibility. Dunbar I dont think so. Yes i think practice will help Randle especially pass protections.