• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hatcher

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with manster.
Even when not hurt I think of Murray as a good RB but not a great one. I think he should be a cap casualty. We go & try to find the next great one else where in the draft. Or even a serviceable one before signing Murray long term. have nothing against Murray but think we go get a different bag of chips.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with manster.
Even when not hurt I think of Murray as a good RB but not a great one. I think he should be a cap casualty. We go & try to find the next great one else where in the draft. Or even a serviceable one before signing Murray long term. have nothing against Murray but think we go get a different bag of chips.

I think Randle will do well, there is a reason Murray is in a hurry to get back on the field. There is no guarantee he will get his job back :whistle:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Randle will do well, there is a reason Murray is in a hurry to get back on the field. There is no guarantee he will get his job back :whistle:

Id bet against you on that one.... straight up.

I also think Murray stays in Dallas.
He's not going to be a guy that commands a big contract much less a huge one because of his injury history.
I think he takes a 2 year deal (Which Jerry is famous for with players with injury histories) and tries to prove his worth across the league while staying in a familar system.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id bet against you on that one.... straight up.

I also think Murray stays in Dallas.
He's not going to be a guy that commands a big contract much less a huge one because of his injury history.
I think he takes a 2 year deal (Which Jerry is famous for with players with injury histories) and tries to prove his worth across the league while staying in a familar system.

I will bet Randle at least score a TD

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet Randle at least score a TD

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are really putting one out there vs Philly's defense arent you HAHHAAA

I was referring to being the starter.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite one liners in sports is " potential gets coaches fired" To date Murray has don't zilch. He has the skill set that you want in a franchise back except one major ingredient.....durability. I would not offer Murray a long term contract until he at least proves he can be available for 12/13 games. To date he hasn't played in more than 8 games I just don't see a scenario where this dude gets a log term contract with starter money.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite one liners in sports is " potential gets coaches fired" To date Murray has don't zilch. He has the skill set that you want in a franchise back except one major ingredient.....durability. I would not offer Murray a long term contract until he at least proves he can be available for 12/13 games. To date he hasn't played in more than 8 games I just don't see a scenario where this dude gets a log term contract with starter money.

I dont either .... That's why I said 2 year contract (that's not long term)

You're right he's done zilch.

He's only broken Emmitt's single game record
We're only undefeated when he gets 17 or more carries.

And teams just play us totally different when he is in the line up....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're nuts. There is a better chance Randle loses the temporary job to Tanner than he takes the FT one from Murray. Heck, he's nowhere near taking Dunbar's backup job if healthy IMO.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Twist Your smart enough to know that we can take numbers and make them say anything we want them to say. for Example Vince young has a winning record as a QB, was Rookie of the year, and has both been a pro bowler and has won in the playoffs. LOL so He had one outstanding game so he's a franchise back I think not.

Ask the Oilers what happened when Cody Carlson out performed Warren Moon in one game. And with the first pick in the 96 draft the Oilers select Steve Mc nair. Don't give me what Murray did in a small sample size of games. Tell me what he's done in his 3 yrs being here. Its a lot of guys who don't belong on the field of play who have set a lot of great records. Not buying that argument sorry.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're nuts. There is a better chance Randle loses the temporary job to Tanner than he takes the FT one from Murray. Heck, he's nowhere near taking Dunbar's backup job if healthy IMO.

I want to see Tanner get a shot. I think he earned it in the preseason.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas my point is a guy can have a talent in the world but if he's not on the field of play he's worthless.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas my point is a guy can have a talent in the world but if he's not on the field of play he's worthless.

And like I posted earlier, other than Smith, which of our last top 2 draft picks each year hasn't had Injury problems.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because Lee and Carter's injury history is the same we should retain Murray also. I disagree. You mentioned Claiborne, Ware, and Hatchers injuries as well none of those guess routinely miss significant. time. Next to the QB the RB is going to touch the ball more than any other player on the field. That guy has to have durability.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist Your smart enough to know that we can take numbers and make them say anything we want them to say. for Example Vince young has a winning record as a QB, was Rookie of the year, and has both been a pro bowler and has won in the playoffs. LOL so He had one outstanding game so he's a franchise back I think not.

Ask the Oilers what happened when Cody Carlson out performed Warren Moon in one game. And with the first pick in the 96 draft the Oilers select Steve Mc nair. Don't give me what Murray did in a small sample size of games. Tell me what he's done in his 3 yrs being here. Its a lot of guys who don't belong on the field of play who have set a lot of great records. Not buying that argument sorry.

Are you going by stats or are you watching the games?

I know what I see. Someone else said he may be snake bitten. I can agree with that.
All of his injuries thus far have been ticky tack shit. No serious injuries.
He has move vision that any running back on this team has had since Emmitt.
You can't chunck a north south runner behind any of our lines over the past decade. And you can't put one behind a zone scheme line ...... That requires a running back with vision.

The only other one on this roster right now with vision is Dunbar .... I chug a beer every time he touches the ball because he has fumbles on a game to game basis.

I'm not saying give him 10 million a year for 6 years.... No team will.
2 years. 3.5 million with incentives....... I'd find a way to keep him

I don't see a bidding war coming for Murray ......

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we disagree on when Murray is in the line up he can more than hold is own, I think the disconnect is I don't by into the philosophy in constantly resigning guys who can't help their team because they can't afford to stay on the field. We can afford to have one are two of these type players, but this roster is littered with these kind of guys. I think because of the timing unless they take lesser contracts Murray and possibly Carter might be cap causalities because of their injures. Can't resign them all.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going by stats or are you watching the games?

I know what I see. Someone else said he may be snake bitten. I can agree with that.
All of his injuries thus far have been ticky tack shit. No serious injuries.
He has move vision that any running back on this team has had since Emmitt.
You can't chunck a north south runner behind any of our lines over the past decade. And you can't put one behind a zone scheme line ...... That requires a running back with vision.

The only other one on this roster right now with vision is Dunbar .... I chug a beer every time he touches the ball because he has fumbles on a game to game basis.

I'm not saying give him 10 million a year for 6 years.... No team will.
2 years. 3.5 million with incentives....... I'd find a way to keep him

I don't see a bidding war coming for Murray ......

Have you read any of my post Twist show me where I say the kid is not talented. He can't stay on the field.:gaah:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't list stats you did.:doh: I could live with the kind of contract you stated by the way. If he gets that so be it.....some knuckle head GM will offer more.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read any of my post Twist show me where I say the kid is not talented. He can't stay on the field.:gaah:

No what Im saying is do you watch the way the defenses line up against our offense when he isnt on the field.

If he doesn't play watch....... You will see I'm right.
Only time defenses respect our running game is when he is on the field
Dunbar is out... He's the only other one. (and he has fumble issues)

If Murray doesn't play The game is soley on Romo beating pass defense.
Tanner aint the answer and Randell aint Murray.