• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Lebron passed Kobe on the all time list?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little. But has jumped up to immortal elite status? No.

Unless feasting on a crapola conference with a star studded team is supposed to impress everyone:noidea:

If the Cavs beat a healthy Warriors Squad this year, I'll give him far more due.

Its gonna take more than beating the Raptors missing Lowry or beating the Pacers to impress some of us though

Yeah, that's pretty much all he's done really. You're right, he's around Karl Malone level. Maybe Barkley.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's pretty much all he's done really. You're right, he's around Karl Malone level. Maybe Barkley.

Hes top 10 all time. Nothing wrong with that. No one said he's lower on Barkley, Malone's level (Although they DID have to deal with Jordan quite a few times. LeBron's never met a force like that )

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes top 10 all time. Nothing wrong with that. No one said he's lower on Barkley, Malone's level (Although they DID have to deal with Jordan quite a few times. LeBron's never met a force like that )

You said even dumber shit like that his resume ain't that great because of beating Toronto and Indiana. Give it up man, if you have eyes you can see how good he is at basketball. And he's better than all but 3-4 players in history.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldnt stop the W's and no way they could keep up with them offensively. Klay on Payton and Green on Kemp, no reason to think that the Sonics win those matchups and the Glove and Kemp go off, that's what great players do but I just dont think they had the firepower.

Just stopped reading right here. Clearly, you never saw either of them play. The Glove would make Curry and Klay cry. He could cover either of them over the entire court. Plus, The Glove was just plain ol' mean. He'd shut down Steph and Klay (whoever he was covering) and tell them all about it while he was doing it.

And Kemp vs. Dray? I like Dray, but Kemp was bigger, stronger and more athletic than Draymond. Draymond is a better passer than Kemp was. His advantages begin and end there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stopped reading right here. Clearly, you never saw either of them play. The Glove would make Curry and Klay cry. He could cover either of them over the entire court. Plus, The Glove was just plain ol' mean. He'd shut down Steph and Klay (whoever he was covering) and tell them all about it while he was doing it.

And Kemp vs. Dray? I like Dray, but Kemp was bigger, stronger and more athletic than Draymond. Draymond is a better passer than Kemp was. His advantages begin and end there.

So is Payton going to guard both at the same time?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put Lebron in your top 5 and wounder why this gets dissected over over.

Just hysterical.

Yeah, I have Lebron in my top 5. Just like everyone else with eyes who has watched any basketball game ever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Payton going to guard both at the same time?

I guess in your hurry to try and be witty and clever you missed this:

The Glove was just plain ol' mean. He'd shut down Steph and Klay (whoever he was covering)

Pay particular attention to the bold.

Sucks when you think you posted something funny and it blows up on you, huh?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have Lebron in my top 5. Just like everyone else with eyes who has watched any basketball game ever.

I gots Swappy P in my top 5. He a legend.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gots Swappy P in my top 5. He a legend.

That's why Lebron will never reach higher than #3 all time. No way he passes the GOAT or MJ.

Right now it's:

1. Swaggy P
2. MJ
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Lebron

:dhd:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in your hurry to try and be witty and clever you missed this:

Pay particular attention to the bold.

Sucks when you think you posted something funny and it blows up on you, huh?

No. I saw that.

Point is, the Sonics had 1 great and 1 very good player. The Warriors last year had 1 great and 2 very good players. Both had quality depth beyond that and the WArriors team play is ridiculously hard to defend.

And LOL at Payton shutting Curry down. If your definition of a shut down is 20 a game, than sure. My point is that the Warriors still had more than enough even with their best player having a relatively quiet series.

After all Payton couldn't guard both Klay and Curry at the same time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is, the Sonics had 1 great and 1 very good player. The Warriors last year had 1 great and 2 very good players. Both had quality depth beyond that and the WArriors team play is ridiculously hard to defend.

Really?!? 1 great player and 1 very good player? Guess you never saw those Sonics teams either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? 1 great player and 1 very good player? Guess you never saw those Sonics teams either.

I did.

Kemp wasn't a great player. He was Blake Griffin. Draymond and Kemp would have been a very good matchup, but Kemp does not win there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Lebron will never reach higher than #3 all time. No way he passes the GOAT or MJ.

Right now it's:

1. Swaggy P
2. MJ
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Lebron

:dhd:

Yeah unless he somehow wins 3 or 4 more rings no way will he pass MJ or Magic. Maybe some would disagree but I have those 2 ranked 1 & 2 in my top 5.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just good business for the powers that be to take a great player of "today" and slide him up the all time great scale as far as they can.

Ratings are not going to improve promoting a retired Kobe.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.

Kemp wasn't a great player. He was Blake Griffin. Draymond and Kemp would have been a very good matchup, but Kemp does not win there.

Kemp would jump over Draymond like Superman leaping over a building. Not that I really believe this but the only way Draymond keeps Kemp in check is if he kicks him in the basket-balls.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.

In his prime, Kemp was absolutely a great player. Kemp was bigger, stronger and faster than Dray. Kemp wins that matchup. You're thinking of "Fat Kemp" at the end of his career. In his prime, he was a beast. As a Lakers fan, I hated that guy. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah unless he somehow wins 3 or 4 more rings no way will he pass MJ or Magic. Maybe some would disagree but I have those 2 ranked 1 & 2 in my top 5.

Agree. Catching MJ is out of the question. Catching Magic and even Kareem is possible (I have Lebron at #4 on my real all-time list), but not with a losing record in the finals.

And before you say anything about "putting too much emphasis on titles" @tlance It's the tiebreaker and I just can't move him any higher with a losing record on the biggest stage. Sorry.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't that happen a few years ago ? I'm only a casual fan these days but I can't imagine the case for Kobe at this point. Rings ? That's foolish. It's a team game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Catching MJ is out of the question. Catching Magic and even Kareem is possible (I have Lebron at #4 on my real all-time list), but not with a losing record in the finals.

And before you say anything about "putting too much emphasis on titles" @tlance It's the tiebreaker and I just can't move him any higher with a losing record on the biggest stage. Sorry.

Well if you ignore the Lakers '85 & '87 titles like I do Magic was only 3-4 in Finals & Kareem was 4-3.:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just good business for the powers that be to take a great player of "today" and slide him up the all time great scale as far as they can.

Ratings are not going to improve promoting a retired Kobe.

I agree to a point. Lebron does get bumped higher than he really should be at this point by a lot of folks and you are probably right that it has more to do with promoting the league and it's best player than actual resume's. I saw 2 lists where Lebron is listed as #2 all time on 1 and #3 all time on the other.

I have Lebron at #4 on my all time list. I've been watching the NBA for over 40 years and the closest thing I have seen to Lebron is Magic and Lebron is faster, more athletic and stronger. But, I just can't put someone with a losing record in the finals any higher than I have him right now.

Imo, he's definitely top 5, which I hate saying because I really don't like him at all. But I have to be honest about what I see.