• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's Press Conference Live

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Smith is that kind of guy, but I am. I said earlier that what I think would be cool was if Kaepernick suffered a minor injury early in the NFC Championship game that would only keep him out of that game and then Smith came in and led the team to the Super Bowl where Kaepernick then led them to victory. That would be a fitting send off for Smith. I'm sure he considers this the final insult that he's willing to bear from the 49ers and will leave.

I doubt you would ever consider that scenario for Kaepernick, you pantshatting racist ****. Then again, who am I kidding here?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome, i was worried we'd go back to smith but i like the decision.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh acknowledged that he'd be concerned if players stop reporting concussions in fear of losing their jobs like Smith did. However, Harbaugh added: "We don't fear any moment or any circumstance or any man."

I wonder how many people saw/see that and ate/eat it up?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Colin gets promoted to starter, Bowman is given a contract extension. With Alex & his (almost) $10m contract for 2013, I have a sneaking suspicion that these stories tie into one another because I have a hard time thinking of where Paraag finds money for Bowman without cutting Alex.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh acknowledged that he'd be concerned if players stop reporting concussions in fear of losing their jobs like Smith did. However, Harbaugh added: "We don't fear any moment or any circumstance or any man."

I wonder how many people saw/see that and ate/eat it up?

It sounded kind of hokey to me. Maybe something that might have played well in a Knute Rockne speech.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the "hot hand" nonsense Harbaugh used in his press conference will now put a lot of unneeded pressure on Kaepernick? I'd have preferred he said "we are going with Kaepernick as our starter" and leave it at that. That way Kaepernick wouldn't have to worry about Smith taking his job once he is not so "hot" and struggles a little which will happen.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder what the length of the "leash" would be for Kap should he have a poor outing?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder what the length of the "leash" would be for Kap should he have a poor outing?

I'd let him work through it. They will still make the playoffs even if he struggles mightily. I don't think he will, but if he does, I think the benfits of letting him play through it outweigh the benefits of winning immediately.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I wonder as well. As stated by some before I just wish Harbs kind if would just declare one man the starting qb for the rest of the way. Seems its unfair to the team and both ck and smith.

But that's just how he rolls lol

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that. I'm not sure Harbs even is a 100% sure who his starting qb is. Right now it's kap. But he didn't declare anything long term. Seems like a week to week thing.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that. I'm not sure Harbs even is a 100% sure who his starting qb is. Right now it's kap. But he didn't declare anything long term. Seems like a week to week thing.

This = Ditto! He's intentionally not saying Kap is the guy going forward, opting instead to say Kap is our guy for this week.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith's best bet is to root for his team and be ready if Kaep gets injured. I don't think he'll hope for anybody faltering. He does have to fight the urge to look ahead.

exactly. collect his millions and get his ring.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two big reasons (takedn from SFGate.com) Harbaugh might have used in his decision to swith QBs:

In his two starts, Kaepernick has been sacked just once and had five completions of at least 30 yards in 48 attempts. Smith, in contrast, was sacked 22 times in his eight full games this season. He has six completions of at least 30 yards in 217 attempts.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two big reasons (takedn from SFGate.com) Harbaugh might have used in his decision to swith QBs:

In his two starts, Kaepernick has been sacked just once and had five completions of at least 30 yards in 48 attempts. Smith, in contrast, was sacked 22 times in his eight full games this season. He has six completions of at least 30 yards in 217 attempts.

Yeppers, I'd say those are two big reasons.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Colin gets promoted to starter, Bowman is given a contract extension. With Alex & his (almost) $10m contract for 2013, I have a sneaking suspicion that these stories tie into one another because I have a hard time thinking of where Paraag finds money for Bowman without cutting Alex.

no cutting

trading to kc

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no cutting

trading to kc

Alex Smith will not be in a Chiefs uniform next season for the money he is slated to make - especially with KC playing for the top pick. Not going to happen.

Alex Smith is taking a pay cut next year or someone is putting his job on the line.