• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's Press Conference Live

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith and Kaepernick will go down as the next Bledsoe and Brady situation. A injury to a starter allows the back up to shine and take over.

Does this mean we win 3 SBs? There are a lot of similarities there too. Brady took over in his 2nd year. Bledsoe was also a former # 1 overall pick just like Alex. Both Harbaugh and Belichek are handling the "controversy" in the same dry manner.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith, but I agree with the decision. Kaepernick is playing great and he can still play even better. Roll out Optimus!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he added he (Akers) would be on this weeks injury report as well - not intimating he will be out for the game - just on the report

And that's why the 49ers still have an open roster spot.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsCenter‏@SportsCenter

"I'm sure Alex [Smith] is going to be supportive but he knows that his time as a 49er is pretty much gone," -@JerryRice on SC

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the press for not asking more about who will see the bulk of the playing time in place of Hunter & Williams - Will James & Jenkins finally be activated?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@thefootballgirl: The Alex Smith situation is not exactly going to motivate players to be proactive about concussion symptoms.

I support Harbaugh's decision to name Kaep the starter, but I do agree with the above tweet. It's a tough situation for players to be in, especially with the NFL bearing down on concussions.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On kicker workouts: Akers is "working through something (injury)" and they wanted to have a plan B.

Somebody probably mentioned this before, but you could see Akers take a big hop after one of the extra points the other day (post-Whitner TD), looked like he either hurt himself or aggravated an injury. Didn't look hurt on the ensuing kickoff but have to assume its all related.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thefootballgirl: The Alex Smith situation is not exactly going to motivate players to be proactive about concussion symptoms.

I support Harbaugh's decision to name Kaep the starter, but I do agree with the above tweet. It's a tough situation for players to be in, especially with the NFL bearing down on concussions.

If they players are going to lie about concussion symptoms, then they have no leg to stand on if they try to sue the NFL when they retire.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the press for not asking more about who will see the bulk of the playing time in place of Hunter & Williams - Will James & Jenkins finally be activated?

Yeah- it would have been nice to hear some more on that situation. I am really hoping the 2 rookies get their first action this week.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First sentence, Colin Kaepernick is starting. Your thoughts, Toby?

I think it is the right decision and I'm excited. I feel sorry for Smith and as I said before with Alex being a human being I kind of hoped he'd start but if they were both automobiles I was choosing between, I'd pick Kaepernick.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't close Pandora's box once opened so Harbaugh had no choice to name CK the starter.

Life would've been miserable for Alex if he was back as the starter because every pass, incompletion, and especially stalled drives and sacks would've brought second guessing at every turn.

Smith's best bet is to hope CK falters so he can come in as the "hero" to come save the day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Smith is that kind of guy, but I am. I said earlier that what I think would be cool was if Kaepernick suffered a minor injury early in the NFC Championship game that would only keep him out of that game and then Smith came in and led the team to the Super Bowl where Kaepernick then led them to victory. That would be a fitting send off for Smith. I'm sure he considers this the final insult that he's willing to bear from the 49ers and will leave.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just wont ever get over the fact that Smith has played his final football in a 49ers uniform. When he leaves I hope he takes you groupies with him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think Harbaugh would get into it. He rarely does. He barely mentioned Jenkins by name when asked if he'd even be active. He just said some of the younger guys will likely be active.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just wont ever get over the fact that Smith has played his final football in a 49ers uniform. When he leaves I hope he takes you groupies with him.

NO! There will be no relenting - The whining will just shift from making excuses to hearing the VV's and FI's of the world whine about how he wasn't given a fair shot as a starter.

I would like to see him get a fair shot at being our back-up - that would be perfect for us. Unless quietly behind the scenes Tolzien has secured that position - then we'll hear them claim Smith wasn't given a fair shot as a back-up.

Oh yeah, it'll never end.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harbaugh would get into it. He rarely does. He barely mentioned Jenkins by name when asked if he'd even be active. He just said some of the younger guys will likely be active.

Perhaps not, but I would still like the press break free from believing Harbaugh will crack under the weight of just one more question as Singletery use to.

Jim has been very consistent about ending the discussion on a topic - when he's done talking about something - he's done, time to move on to another subject.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12QrV7.Em.4.jpg

CK: yayy me

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, CK was named the starter? Excellent.

I wouldn't get all crazy and say we'll never see Smith behind center again, CK can still get hurt. *knock on wood* I hope that doesn't happen.