• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's Press Conference Live

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, CK was named the starter? Excellent.

I wouldn't get all crazy and say we'll never see Smith behind center again, CK can still get hurt. *knock on wood* I hope that doesn't happen.

That was in response to a poster here saying he hopes CK7 gets hurt just so Alex Smith can get a post-season win.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith did nothing to lose his job, but Kaepernick came in and won it and there's no going back unless Kaepernick struggles or gets injured. Kaepernick's play left Harbaugh no choice.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just wont ever get over the fact that Smith has played his final football in a 49ers uniform. When he leaves I hope he takes you groupies with him.

I haven't heard anyone say that. Remember 07 when we all couldn't wait for him to get cut? Well, I guess we'll get our wish at season's end.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, CK was named the starter? Excellent.

I wouldn't get all crazy and say we'll never see Smith behind center again, CK can still get hurt. *knock on wood* I hope that doesn't happen.

I think we can safely say though that Smith won't be a Niner in 2013. It's Kaepernick's team now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can safely say though that Smith won't be a Niner in 2013. It's Kaepernick's team now.

I agree. All the post game comments after the Bears game showed us that Kaep had won over the locker room.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. All the post game comments after the Bears game showed us that Kaep had won over the locker room.

I don't know about that. Frank said he thought they'd have won with either QB. And Vernon... Well he didn't catch shit this past week, and I didn't see him praising anyone. Staley seemed kind of bummed for Alex.

But... They obviously have faith in Kaepernick too. I don't think the clubhouse is going to fracture anyway.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I wish him the best. He wasn't what we needed him to be on the field for a lot of years, but he was always a really great guy. Running camp alex last year was really cool of him during the lockout.

Too bad we can't trade him either, I was holding out hope for the Chiefs but looking like they might get the #1 overall pick and go with a #1 QB for sure... too bad, woulda been nice to get the 1st pick in the 4th round or something. :dhd:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there's no championship going to be given to us. There's no playoff victory already settled for us, there's nothing for us. The niners still have to come out and play the remainder of the season and the enter the postseason with full force to win it all.

Kaepernick still needs to play the game and solidify his starting role. 2 games don't prove a thing, got to attack the game with no insurance of being back the next week as a starter. Earn your keep!!!!

This fiasco doesn't declare the season, Football still needs to get played!!!

Go NINERS!

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there's no championship going to be given to us. There's no playoff victory already settled for us, there's nothing for us. The niners still have to come out and play the remainder of the season and the enter the postseason with full force to win it all.

Kaepernick still needs to play the game and solidify his starting role. 2 games don't prove a thing, got to attack the game with no insurance of being back the next week as a starter. Earn your keep!!!!

This fiasco doesn't declare the season, Football still needs to get played!!!

Go NINERS!

If anything, everything is less settled. I just read this quote from Kaepernick that I absolutely hate "I was actually a Packers fan growing up, so Iva's always watched Brett Favre and I loved the way that he played the game. He had no fear of what the defense was going to do. He was going to go out there and take his shots."

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, everything is less settled. I just read this quote from Kaepernick that I absolutely hate "I was actually a Packers fan growing up, so Iva's always watched Brett Favre and I loved the way that he played the game. He had no fear of what the defense was going to do. He was going to go out there and take his shots."

I love that.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am glad that Kaep was named the starter. I hope he does well and have great success... I also hope that, unlike some classless individuals, he continue to show gratitude to his predecessor... Who knows what people would have been saying if Kaep started as a rookie? If Alex Smith had not agreed to stay after the debacle of the 2010, who knows what could have happened?.. Smith absorb all the criticisms stemming from previous regimes ineptitude that allowed Kaep time to learn and grow behind a stable coaching staff and an unselfish veteran... Ever wonder what the 2011 season would be like if no one took it upon themselves to run an unofficial camp with no certainty as to when the lock out will be lifted? Or how much would an untested rookie QB with no off season be able to function for a whole season and help the team to get to their first play off in a decade?.. But then those things never happened because Smith stayed and helped out however he can ... Yes, it's Colin's time but I am surely glad that he acknowledges Smith contribution to his growth...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that Kaep was named the starter. I hope he does well and have great success... I also hope that, unlike some classless individuals, he continue to show gratitude to his predecessor... Who knows what people would have been saying if Kaep started as a rookie? If Alex Smith had not agreed to stay after the debacle of the 2010, who knows what could have happened?.. Smith absorb all the criticisms stemming from previous regimes ineptitude that allowed Kaep time to learn and grow behind a stable coaching staff and an unselfish veteran... Ever wonder what the 2011 season would be like if no one took it upon themselves to run an unofficial camp with no certainty as to when the lock out will be lifted? Or how much would an untested rookie QB with no off season be able to function for a whole season and help the team to get to their first play off in a decade?.. But then those things never happened because Smith stayed and helped out however he can ... Yes, it's Colin's time but I am surely glad that he acknowledges Smith contribution to his growth...

Kudos! Well Said Four!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Colin Kaepernick: The legend of 49ers quarterback grows - San Jose Mercury News

TURLOCK — Colin Kaepernick was in fourth grade at Dutcher Elementary School when a teacher assigned him to write a letter to his future self.

Though just 5-foot-2 and 91 pounds at the time, the kid saw big things ahead. Little Colin wrote: "I hope I go to a good college in football, then go to the pros and play on the Niners or the Packers, even if they aren't good in seven years."

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that.

I figured some people would. Favre was the WORST "best" QB, he lost far more important games with his arm and mentality than he won.

13-11 in the playoffs. Won it all once in 12 postseasons. And he was terrible almost every deciding game. That is not the type of QB we need on this team, I hope Kaep doesn't emulate too much of that...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TURLOCK — Colin Kaepernick was in fourth grade at Dutcher Elementary School when a teacher assigned him to write a letter to his future self.

Though just 5-foot-2 and 91 pounds at the time, the kid saw big things ahead. Little Colin wrote: "I hope I go to a good college in football, then go to the pros and play on the Niners or the Packers, even if they aren't good in seven years."

Yeah his parents are from Wisconsin - but then growing up here he became a Niner fan too. I'm totally ok with that (I always liked the Pack myself) I don't care for his adulation of Favre who I think is one of the most over-rated Qbs in recent times. But adulation doesn't have to translate to play on the field - in this case I really really hope it doesn't.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said that? WTF

I did. Not wishing Kaepernick to get hurt just thought it would be interesting for him to get knocked out of the NFC championship game and have Smith win that one and Kaepernick come back and win the Super Bowl like Brady and Bledsoe did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 foot 2 in the 4th grade? Come on now. I didn't see 5' 2" until the 8th grade. I find that hard to believe.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guys are spending too much time answering questions. Get back to football, prepare for the rams!!!