• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's Comments on Lattimore

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh: Lattimore will have spot with 49ers | CSN Bay Area

Maybe it's just me, but it almost sounds like Harbaugh is planning on Lattimore having a non-playing role like an assistant coach or scout. I'm beginning to wonder if Lattimore just may never fully recover. :frown:

Is anybody else getting this feeling?

The media is speculating that way. I think people are reading too much into Harbaugh's words. Balke came out a few days ago and said there wasn't a setback. But who knows, maybe they aren't being up front about it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The problem is only the team knows if his recovery is within expectations or if he truly isn't on the road to recovery as they hoped.

I would say if he doesn't get some action at least in preseason their might be some serious cause for concern.

Even when we drafted him Gore and Hunter were firmly #1 and #2 and would likely be through 2014 so they could've had Lattimore penciled in for 2015 in the first place. So it does make sense that the plan would've been to get him completely healthy in 2013 and start building him back up in 2014 to have him ready to go in 2015.

Of course on the negative side of things it could mean the team rolled the dice and now they are just hanging out hoping that he continues to improve.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record multiple times dating back to last year saying this isn't going to have a happy ending.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could just be a minor setback if its only a hammy strain.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What, you guys weren't considering this when Carlos Hyde was drafted? Figured something was wrong within seconds.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you guys weren't considering this when Carlos Hyde was drafted? Figured something was wrong within seconds.

The guy is coming off of a NASTY injury that takes time to heal. Hyde, IMO, was best player available at a position of need with HUGE value where he was picked. Regardless of whether or not Lattimore was on the roster, I feel that we would have drafted him based on Mr. Bell Cow Frankie G being on the last year in his contract. At best, we would have two bruising backs next year to go along with Hunter. At worst, we took a huge swing in the 4th round and missed on a high character uber talent with an extensive medical history a la Gore.

I did a fucking cartwheel when we drafted Lattimore...and I did another one when we drafted Hyde, regardless of how Lattimore would have turned out.

I still hope we continue to be patient with him.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record multiple times dating back to last year saying this isn't going to have a happy ending.

You are probably correct. I said in another post that peeps on here were wrong in their assessment that Lattimore's injury was the same as Gore's, which they are not.

If you look at the type of injury Latt sustained, most people dont come back to full health, which makes a complete comeback quite unlikely. Hammy injuries are setbacks that are chronic with tears in the knee, so although Lattimore has a chance i dont think he'llbe anything more than a backup or third string RB in this league. I'm pulling for this kid, but even advances in med dont make these types of problems disappear.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably correct. I said in another post that peeps on here were wrong in their assessment that Lattimore's injury was the same as Gore's, which they are not.

If you look at the type of injury Latt sustained, most people dont come back to full health, which makes a complete comeback quite unlikely. Hammy injuries are setbacks that are chronic with tears in the knee, so although Lattimore has a chance i dont think he'llbe anything more than a backup or third string RB in this league. I'm pulling for this kid, but even advances in med dont make these types of problems disappear.

I am serious when I ask this. Isn't Latt's injury similar, if not the same, as McGahee?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious when I ask this. Isn't Latt's injury similar, if not the same, as McGahee?

I'd have to look bc I'm not too familiar with everything about McGahee's injury (mostly bc he is not on any team i ever rooted for), although a buddy of mine from "The U" which actually has a medical school there, said McGahee's recovery and ability to play afterwards was not the norm,

Maricopa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good for Lattimore. I wish him well in whatever field he ends up in. Caught some terrible breaks in college. Probably would have made a decent NFL running back.