• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Eagles Mock of 2017

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this ... a great scouting report vid of Corey Davis

1st play... kid is wide open and shows nothing really. Agholor could catch that, and have done the same thing. And he won't stiff arm NFL players that fall to the ground that way. What do you figure the draft round of that safety is???

2nd play... good speed, but NFL defenders will not let him get a free release AND will press that much more. This just shows the huge difference between college level play and the PRO's. GREAT college players really shine here, showing that difference. I do like his speed. But again, that play did not show anything yet.

3rd play... once again, just showing the difference between college and PRO's. There is not a defense in the NFL that will put 4 guys on 1 no matter who he is. Again, showed nothing of his ability.

4th play.. I hate to keep saying this, but AGAIN shows the difference between college and pros. Comeon, 3 guys on defense run into one another!!! He looks like a man among boys, and I def love his power and speed. But again, this showed nothing.

5th play - FINALLY.. showing something. And the announcer is right - contested catches.. one of the #1 things we need to look for in a WR for a #1. It was a good adjustment, but "YET AGAIN" it shows the difference between college and pros. The defender never looked back and the ball was caught off the back of his head. Solid defense could have played the ball and that could have been an interception as well. But Credit Corey here for getting up and getting that one. Like to see a lot more of that to justify the pick. Honestly, so far, everything here - Agholor's college tape looked just as good if not better.

6th play. OMG, once again, underthrown ball that ANY nfl defender makes an INT on. He came to a complete stop and the defender was clueless. Once again, this shows the difference between college defenses and the pro's MUCH more than it does anything incredible about corey.

That's it. Not the best highlight IMHO. I'm "NOT" dishing the guy at all. I've never watched him in a game. Just saying what I see in this highlight posted. I watched 1 quarter of a game with Michael Williams in it and I was more impressed with it. I watched him catch a TD pass in the endzone with the defender actually playing the ball, and watched him out muscle him in the air for it. That was impressive, and got my attention. Plus the way he also caught it and fought for it with his hands. This particular highlight, honestly, showed me nothing that you couldn't find in Algholor's highlight reel.

On a side note - I still think there is 1 major problem we have on our team in regard to WR's. These young guys coming in don't have a veteran presence to mentor them an learn from. Rookies coming in and becoming the star, imho, don't develop nearly as well as if there is a playmaker already there to raise their game and help them along. With that in mind, we might truly need to look to FA or a trade instead of the draft, or have one helluva WR coach. Even Randy Moss was majorly helped by Cris Carter. TO came under Jerry Rice. I don't think this can be overlooked, and may be a reason we are getting so little out of the 1st and 2nd round investments we have made already to.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles spend money when it comes to pass rushers and guys in the secondary. That's what they do. Would it be great to land two corners in the draft? Sure! But they always try to sign free agent CBs. Maxwell and Nnamdi didn't pan out, but history suggests they will try again.

History say...
Lito Shephard
Sheldon Brown

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st play... kid is wide open and shows nothing really. Agholor could catch that, and have done the same thing. And he won't stiff arm NFL players that fall to the ground that way. What do you figure the draft round of that safety is???

2nd play... good speed, but NFL defenders will not let him get a free release AND will press that much more. This just shows the huge difference between college level play and the PRO's. GREAT college players really shine here, showing that difference. I do like his speed. But again, that play did not show anything yet.

3rd play... once again, just showing the difference between college and PRO's. There is not a defense in the NFL that will put 4 guys on 1 no matter who he is. Again, showed nothing of his ability.

4th play.. I hate to keep saying this, but AGAIN shows the difference between college and pros. Comeon, 3 guys on defense run into one another!!! He looks like a man among boys, and I def love his power and speed. But again, this showed nothing.

5th play - FINALLY.. showing something. And the announcer is right - contested catches.. one of the #1 things we need to look for in a WR for a #1. It was a good adjustment, but "YET AGAIN" it shows the difference between college and pros. The defender never looked back and the ball was caught off the back of his head. Solid defense could have played the ball and that could have been an interception as well. But Credit Corey here for getting up and getting that one. Like to see a lot more of that to justify the pick. Honestly, so far, everything here - Agholor's college tape looked just as good if not better.

6th play. OMG, once again, underthrown ball that ANY nfl defender makes an INT on. He came to a complete stop and the defender was clueless. Once again, this shows the difference between college defenses and the pro's MUCH more than it does anything incredible about corey.

That's it. Not the best highlight IMHO. I'm "NOT" dishing the guy at all. I've never watched him in a game. Just saying what I see in this highlight posted. I watched 1 quarter of a game with Michael Williams in it and I was more impressed with it. I watched him catch a TD pass in the endzone with the defender actually playing the ball, and watched him out muscle him in the air for it. That was impressive, and got my attention. Plus the way he also caught it and fought for it with his hands. This particular highlight, honestly, showed me nothing that you couldn't find in Algholor's highlight reel.

On a side note - I still think there is 1 major problem we have on our team in regard to WR's. These young guys coming in don't have a veteran presence to mentor them an learn from. Rookies coming in and becoming the star, imho, don't develop nearly as well as if there is a playmaker already there to raise their game and help them along. With that in mind, we might truly need to look to FA or a trade instead of the draft, or have one helluva WR coach. Even Randy Moss was majorly helped by Cris Carter. TO came under Jerry Rice. I don't think this can be overlooked, and may be a reason we are getting so little out of the 1st and 2nd round investments we have made already to.

You can watch entire games online ... I post a few vids so people that haven't watched him during the season can get some idea of the player. Once you watch him more than just vids you can see the difference between he and a guy like Agholor who's shorter and much more of a finesse receiver. Davis for the most part all year has been doubled and even triple teamed yet has produced big time. If he gets as much attention in the pros as defenses threw at him in college ... it would free up other players all over the place. Agholor was not the main focus of defenses while at USC.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only had to go back 15 years to 2012 :lol:. Wasn't there a corner on that roster they acquired via free agency named Troy Vincent? I fully expect the Eagles to pursue a corner in free agency. Drafting two corners high would not help Wentz when he so desperately needs weapons.