• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hakeem Olajuwon > LeBron James

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since most of you clowns claim that one star can't win without other stars, I'm here to show you Exhibit A for why that isn't true - The 1993-94 Houston Rockets.

1993-94 Houston Rockets Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Oh, but they did have Robert Horry, and I know how much LeBron's nut lovers love themselves some Horry. As everyone knows, Horry and Scottie Pippen are the top old-time heroes for LeBron's fans.

So fucking weak.

And Hakeem did his thing against much greater competition than LeBron - From Ewing's Knicks to the Stockton/Malone Jazz to Barkley's Suns to David Robinson's Spurs to the Kemp/Payton Sonics to Reggie's Pacers to Shaq and Penny's Magic, and even Scottie's Bulls were up there. I could go on and on.

Along with the 70's, the 90's were the golden days of the NBA. And it just so happens that it was the late 90's when I first stated to fall in love with the game. Unbelievably competitive back then.

I rest my case. LeBron will have plenty of chances to rebuild his image, but as far as I'm concerned - Once a cowardly traitor always a cowardly traitor.

And I'm not even a Cleveland fan...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread obsessing over Lebron? :lame:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just FACTS.

I appreciate your attempt at making a fact based thread but you either have no idea what facts are or you were overcome with your necessity to make us laugh hysterically with your every post.

Since most of you clowns claim that one star can't win without other stars, I'm here to show you Exhibit A for why that isn't true - The 1993-94 Houston Rockets.

Oh, but they did have Robert Horry, and I know how much LeBron's nut lovers love themselves some Horry. As everyone knows, Horry and Scottie Pippen are the top old-time heroes for LeBron's fans.

So fucking weak.

And Hakeem did his thing against much greater competition than LeBron- From Ewing's Knicks to the Stockton/Malone Jazz to Barkley's Suns to David Robinson's Spurs to the Kemp/Payton Sonics to Reggie's Pacers to Shaq and Penny's Magic, and even Scottie's Bulls were up there. I could go on and on.

Along with the 70's, the 90's were the golden days of the NBA. And it just so happens that it was the late 90's when I first stated to fall in love with the game. Unbelievably competitive back then.

I rest my case. LeBron will have plenty of chances to rebuild his image, but as far as I'm concerned - Once a cowardly traitor always a cowardly traitor.

I have bolded things that are opinions, not to be confused with facts.

I think you inexplicably think this gives you credibility? Your posts have condemned your credibility for some time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to your future attempts and hopeful progression at forming a factual and relevant post.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not facts at all. Not even close. You just said that you didn't start watching the NBA until the late 90's, which is clear by this post. Oljauwon was great, but he had a lot of talent around him. Here is the 93-94 team:

Sam Cassell
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Hakeem

Vernon Maxwell
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Scott Bullard
Scott Brooks (he sucked, but wanted to throw him in there)

Cassell and Smith were as good a backcourt as a one legged Wade and Mario Chalmers (maybe better). Obviously they aren't as good as anybody with a full strength Wade, but they were a top 5-8 backcourt tandem at the time.

Otis Thorpe was a seasoned vet who knew his role and defended and rebounded his position well. Horry made countless big shots and was also able to play strong D. At the beginning of his career, he was more than just a stand still shooter/shot blocker.

Mad Max was one of the top bench scorers in the league and Mario Elie brought energy, hustle, defense and shot making. Herrera was another big body they could throw at people.

Bottom line, this team was really good. It was not a one man band. They would have made the playoffs without Oljauwon.

In 94/95 they added Drexler. Enough said on that.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck do you guys want from me? You LeBron nutlovers blabble on and on that supposedly one star can't win championships without another star.

It's a FACT that Hakeem won in 1994 without another All-Star. Now you want to change the argument again and say he had a plenty of talent around him.

I guess there's some unwritten rule in your book that says you have to worship LeBron James in order to be an NBA fan...:lame:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your attempt at making a fact based thread but you either have no idea what facts are or you were overcome with your necessity to make us laugh hysterically with your every post.

I have bolded things that are opinions, not to be confused with facts.

I think you inexplicably think this gives you credibility? Your posts have condemned your credibility for some time.

Factual opinions as I like to call them. :suds:
For the record, you missed the part where I said the 90's and 70's were the most competitive eras in NBA Basketball.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not one thing ya'll gonna hate me for something else

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck do you guys want from me? You LeBron nutlovers blabble on and on that supposedly one star can't win championships without another star.

It's a FACT that Hakeem won in 1994 without another All-Star. Now you want to change the argument again and say he had a plenty of talent around him.

I guess there's some unwritten rule in your book that says you have to worship LeBron James in order to be an NBA fan...:lame:

You have to understand that while there may not have been another all-star on that team, it was still a really good team and Olajuwon did not drag a bunch of no-talents to a title!!

Look, I'm no Lebron fan either, but the Cleveland team that he dragged to the finals, was simply not as good as that Rockets team!!

Also, the 80's were the golden era of basketball!! It was the 80's that brought the NBA to the forefront and set the stage for the popularity that it currently enjoys!!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to understand that while there may not have been another all-star on that team, it was still a really good team and Olajuwon did not drag a bunch of no-talents to a title!!

Look, I'm no Lebron fan either, but the Cleveland team that he dragged to the finals, was simply not as good as that Rockets team!!

Also, the 80's were the golden era of basketball!! It was the 80's that brought the NBA to the forefront and set the stage for the popularity that it currently enjoys!!

Well, they certainly didn't have alternative scoring options like Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and Shaq...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno how LeBron fans will interpret this but....

Even if he wins his "not, not 5, not 6, not 7" titles, I will still be more impressed with him taking that Cleveland team he took to the Finals then I will be with all the championships he wins with The Big Three.

The 2006-2007 Cleveland Cavaliers were a lottery team without LeBron. With him, they were in the NBA Finals.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bolded "unbelievably competitive". The rest of the paragraph could have been interpreted several ways.

Carry on :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bolded "unbelievably competitive". The rest of the paragraph could have been interpreted several ways.

Carry on :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they certainly didn't have alternative scoring options like Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and Shaq...

Mo Williams?!? I'd take Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Vernon Maxwell, Sam Cassell or Mario Elie over him anytime!!

By the time Shaq got to Cleveland, he was well past his prime and not much of an alternative scoring option!!

Jamison is okay, but not necessarily any better than who Hakeem had!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq career was all but done by the time he got to Cleveland.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok look at that roster then the Cavs roster that went to Finals vs SA. Nothing close to Houston.

2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers - m.bkref.com

These obsessing LBJ threads just encourage how you really feel about him. The best player in NBA and a threat to be the greatest of all-time.

Btw...this is the yr that HE beat that same Pistons team that won a ship. He wasn't enough to beat the Dynasty Spurs by himself.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok look at that roster then the Cavs roster that went to Finals vs SA. Nothing close to Houston.

2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers - m.bkref.com

These obsessing LBJ threads just encourage how you really feel about him. The best player in NBA and a threat to be the greatest of all-time.

Btw...this is the yr that HE beat that same Pistons team that won a ship. He wasn't enough to beat the Dynasty Spurs by himself.

Exactly. A lottery team without LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So fucking weak.

And Hakeem did his thing against much greater competition than LeBron - From Ewing's Knicks to the Stockton/Malone Jazz to Barkley's Suns to David Robinson's Spurs to the Kemp/Payton Sonics to Reggie's Pacers to Shaq and Penny's Magic, and even Scottie's Bulls were up there. I could go on and on.

Nowhere in this post did you say anything about all-stars. You specifically said "star" which is a pretty vague term. Many "stars" fail to make the all-star team. Examples from this year include Steph Curry, Marc Gasol and Deron Williams, among many, many more. I guess those guys can't be stars since they didn't play on the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there best player off the bench was Varejeo before he could shot a mid-range, his offense was non-existent. Starting PG Snow was about to retire and provided no offense. Best scorer other than LBJ was Hughes, who is barely a starter on other teams.

Might be the worst team to get to Finals in last 30 years.