• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hahahahahaha!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Vic Fangio IS huge, but you know what? So is filling his shoes with Chuck Pagano.

We also created like an 8 man competition for kicker and it appears that the guy we traded for is the front runner. I would say that's going according to plan. I like Piniero and I am happy going with him as opposed to one of the bigger name FA's.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Vic Fangio IS huge, but you know what? So is filling his shoes with Chuck Pagano.

We also created like an 8 man competition for kicker and it appears that the guy we traded for is the front runner. I would say that's going according to plan. I like Piniero and I am happy going with him as opposed to one of the bigger name FA's.
My hearty guffaw was not so much directed at the opinion of the Bears offseason, altho I'd argue against that to no end. It was WHO that made the statement. John Fox - are you fucking kidding me????

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hearty guffaw was not so much directed at the opinion of the Bears offseason, altho I'd argue against that to no end. It was WHO that made the statement. John Fox - are you fucking kidding me????

Oh, I know. It's sour grapes at its finest.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Fox is now an analyst, he's allowed to have an opinion and express them. We lost the playoff game because Parkey missed, it's not too far fetched to think not having a kicker still is a problem. I don't have an issue with what Fox said.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox is now an analyst, he's allowed to have an opinion and express them. We lost the playoff game because Parkey missed, it's not too far fetched to think not having a kicker still is a problem. I don't have an issue with what Fox said.

So they had the worst offseason, because of the kicker position??

Losing Fangio hurts, but ultimately, it's the players on the field making the plays. Losing a defensive coordinator and a shitty kicker from a 12-4 team should never count as the worst offseason. That's silly. Plus he coat-tailed off the black guy, whose name slips me currently, which is lame too.

Fangio is a stud and I am not a big Pagano fan per se, but to say a team returning all but three of their young up-and-coming 12-4 team, (one of whom you are glad is gone, and his replacement may actually be an upgrade at the position) is dumb, and coming from Fox sounds even more ridiculous.

Fox is definitely allowed to have an opinion...doesn't make it right.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they had the worst offseason, because of the kicker position??

Losing Fangio hurts, but ultimately, it's the players on the field making the plays. Losing a defensive coordinator and a shitty kicker from a 12-4 team should never count as the worst offseason. That's silly. Plus he coat-tailed off the black guy, whose name slips me currently, which is lame too.

Fangio is a stud and I am not a big Pagano fan per se, but to say a team returning all but three of their young up-and-coming 12-4 team, (one of whom you are glad is gone, and his replacement may actually be an upgrade at the position) is dumb, and coming from Fox sounds even more ridiculous.

Fox is definitely allowed to have an opinion...doesn't make it right.

We lost in the playoffs because of a kicker, then we cut that kicker with no backup plan. It's not far fetched to say that wasn't a great move. I don't agree with him but it's not crazy and "lol" like every idiot in here is saying.

Morons make decisions based purely on emotions. Hating on Fox and Parkey is the popular and emotional thing to do, but that doesn't make it smart. THINK.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost in the playoffs because of a kicker, then we cut that kicker with no backup plan. It's not far fetched to say that wasn't a great move. I don't agree with him but it's not crazy and "lol" like every idiot in here is saying.

Morons make decisions based purely on emotions. Hating on Fox and Parkey is the popular and emotional thing to do, but that doesn't make it smart. THINK.

Ya, Fox was great. He served his purpose...he got Fangio here...brought a little respect back, but that was as far as he'd ever go. The game quickly passed him. I don't hate Fox, but I am definitely glad he's gone. Same with Parkey. Fuck em' both. Yer dumb.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be better off with Fox and Parkey...BsDerpnious

Shitty kickers are a dime a dozen. We can find some other soccer fag that will be equally as bitchy-looking without the fheggy drama.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's completely idiotic to suggest that equates to having the worst offseason in the league, or NFC.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief this isn't a first amendment issue, BS. My whole "fuck you" to Fox was due to his blatant bitterness over rightfully being dumped after proving what a lousy HC he was with us, then trying to feebly mask it as some sort of neutral analysis. No one here is pretending the Bears had the best offseason. For one thing, there wasn't as much for Pace to improve on, but even if it's agreed that it could have been better, there's no way we were even close to having the worst offseason in the league. So once more, fuck Fox and his fired ass opinion.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RYAN NALL UPDATE PLEASE..
There has been some talk that the Bears may try to squeeze Nall onto the roster as a FB, being he put on some poundage over the offseason. Most Bear fans in here, if not unanimously, felt Nall did a hell of a job last year in preseason and thought he had a decent shot at making the roster. Maybe this year he'll get that shot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Fox was great. He served his purpose...he got Fangio here...brought a little respect back, but that was as far as he'd ever go. The game quickly passed him. I don't hate Fox, but I am definitely glad he's gone. Same with Parkey. Fuck em' both. Yer dumb.

I actually like Fox and respect greatly what he did in Carolina. That was a truly great coaching job. That franchise was basically an utter joke since their expansion and he turned them into a Super Bowl team seemingly overnight.

Like you said, game just passed him by. It happens to most everyone not named Bill Belichick.

He just comes off as sore here. There's no way our new kicker can be worse or cost us more than Parkey did. So, how exactly did we get worse? Parkey cost us the game in Miami, which would have theoretically netted us a first round bye and even potentially a shot at home-field. Then, he drove the final nail into our season.

We went 12-4 with a clear weak link in our fence. If Piniero is just solid, we become a better football team (health pending, of course).

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*doink*

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"THE WRECKING BALL" runs the rwak with passion, bears fans should love this guy for that.

<yeah, i'm a oregon state homer>

We all like Nall. Maybe he makes it as a FB. However, it's difficult to see where he fits in as a legitimate key cog here barring injuries raving our RB corp.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, Bears are still the favorite in the North

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all up to speed on all the moves other teams made in the offseason, i just don't think we're "the worst." But when you look at it objectively, the Bears lost more than they gained, in comparison.
  1. We didn't have a first or second round pick. Most teams did.
  2. We lost out highly respected and talented defensive coordinator who oversaw a badass defense
  3. We cut our high priced kicker and didn't replace him with anyone who's ever kicked in the NFL before
  4. We lost a top notch safety (by PFF grades anyway) and a really good corner
Compared to last year, at least at the moment and objectively speaking, we took a step back. That's what Fox is saying here and others who share the same opinion. But, we also have a lot of pluses to look at:
  1. We spent our 1st and 2nd round picks last year on Khalil Mack and Anthony Miller, and they were well worth it
  2. We replaced one highly respected and talented coordinator with another highly respected and talented coordinator
  3. We probably didn't get any worse at kicker compared to what Parkey gave us last year
  4. We made a couple savvy, good signings to replace Amos/Callahan in a way where we shouldn't expect a huge dropoff
On top of that, our 3rd round was spent on the one position that can really make a huge difference right away without having to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on: running back, which was a big position of need for us. We also signed a guy in Mike Davis who figures to be a better fit as well. IMO, Montgomery/Davis is a pretty massive upgrade over Howard/Mizzell/Cunningham from both a talent and a fit standpoint.

Our GM has a great track record in the later rounds, so it's not out of the question to think that guys like Shelley and Ridley could play sizable roles early on and even excel. It's not out of the question that one of these kickers steps up like a young Robbie Gould did way back when or at least becomes serviceable. It's quite likely that more natural fits at running back make this offense that much more dynamic. And it's quite likely that Trubisky gets noticeably if not considerably/drastically better than he was in his first year of the new offense.