• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hahahahahaha!!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way our new kicker can be worse or cost us more than Parkey did. So, how exactly did we get worse?

Omg what a dolt. There's no way a new kicker could be worse than Parkey???? The new kicker could EASILY be MUCH MUCH worse than Parkey. Good grief idiot.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did i say this monkey? Monkey needs to learn how to read.

"Hating on Fox and Parkey is not the smart thing." Paraphrased, cuz I don't give enough fucks to quote it.

So, the smart thing would be to give praise and adore Fox and Parkey?? Should we wish we still had them? Connect the dots, dipshit.

"I never said we'd be better of with them, just that you'd be dumb to hate on them." derp.

Fuck Fox and Parkey with a pineapple. Best thing the Bears did was cut bait with those two tards.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hating on Fox and Parkey is not the smart thing." Paraphrased, cuz I don't give enough fucks to quote it.

So, the smart thing would be to give praise and adore Fox and Parkey?? Should we wish we still had them? Connect the dots, dipshit.

"I never said we'd be better of with them, just that you'd be dumb to hate on them." derp.

Fuck Fox and Parkey with a pineapple. Best thing the Bears did was cut bait with those two tards.

Are you seriously this stupid? Is everything in your world binary? So if you're not hating you are praising? Don't make me climb back into that tiny head of yours and start fucking you up again monkey.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously this stupid? Is everything in your world binary? So if you're not hating you are praising? Don't make me climb back into that tiny head of yours and start fucking you up again monkey.
Please pray tell all the gray nuances of John Fox and his opinion of the Bears and why it's not smart "to be hating" on him. We are all dying to hear the details.:rolleyes2:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please pray tell all the gray nuances of John Fox and his opinion of the Bears and why it's not smart "to be hating" on him. We are all dying to hear the details.:rolleyes2:

I'm going to do this one time, ONCE.

Here's my comment:

Morons make decisions based purely on emotions. Hating on Fox and Parkey is the popular and emotional thing to do, but that doesn't make it smart. THINK.

The point was, it's not smart to make decisions based purely on emotions. Which may be exactly what we did with Parkey. Instead you have to "THINK". Which is why i opened this thread.

In your monkey head you somehow turned my statement into: "the smart thing would be to give praise and adore Fox and Parkey". LOL.

WHAT
A
MONKEY.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all up to speed on all the moves other teams made in the offseason, i just don't think we're "the worst." But when you look at it objectively, the Bears lost more than they gained, in comparison.
  1. We didn't have a first or second round pick. Most teams did.
  2. We lost out highly respected and talented defensive coordinator who oversaw a badass defense
  3. We cut our high priced kicker and didn't replace him with anyone who's ever kicked in the NFL before
  4. We lost a top notch safety (by PFF grades anyway) and a really good corner
Compared to last year, at least at the moment and objectively speaking, we took a step back. That's what Fox is saying here and others who share the same opinion. But, we also have a lot of pluses to look at:
  1. We spent our 1st and 2nd round picks last year on Khalil Mack and Anthony Miller, and they were well worth it
  2. We replaced one highly respected and talented coordinator with another highly respected and talented coordinator
  3. We probably didn't get any worse at kicker compared to what Parkey gave us last year
  4. We made a couple savvy, good signings to replace Amos/Callahan in a way where we shouldn't expect a huge dropoff
On top of that, our 3rd round was spent on the one position that can really make a huge difference right away without having to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on: running back, which was a big position of need for us. We also signed a guy in Mike Davis who figures to be a better fit as well. IMO, Montgomery/Davis is a pretty massive upgrade over Howard/Mizzell/Cunningham from both a talent and a fit standpoint.

Our GM has a great track record in the later rounds, so it's not out of the question to think that guys like Shelley and Ridley could play sizable roles early on and even excel. It's not out of the question that one of these kickers steps up like a young Robbie Gould did way back when or at least becomes serviceable. It's quite likely that more natural fits at running back make this offense that much more dynamic. And it's quite likely that Trubisky gets noticeably if not considerably/drastically better than he was in his first year of the new offense.
Good post but it does not add up to league worst offseason. Fox was reaching hard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to do this one time, ONCE.

Here's my comment:

Morons make decisions based purely on emotions. Hating on Fox and Parkey is the popular and emotional thing to do, but that doesn't make it smart. THINK.

The point was, it's not smart to make decisions based purely on emotions. Which may be exactly what we did with Parkey. Instead you have to "THINK". Which is why i opened this thread.

In your monkey head you somehow turned my statement into: "the smart thing would be to give praise and adore Fox and Parkey". LOL.

WHAT
A
MONKEY.

Thanks for the sage life-lessons on deciding whether or not to post on an anonymous forum, that Fox and Parkey can buttfuck each other with a pineapple. Such wisdom in discussing a former coach and kicker. LOL

You're a moron.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all up to speed on all the moves other teams made in the offseason, i just don't think we're "the worst." But when you look at it objectively, the Bears lost more than they gained, in comparison.
  1. We didn't have a first or second round pick. Most teams did.
  2. We lost out highly respected and talented defensive coordinator who oversaw a badass defense
  3. We cut our high priced kicker and didn't replace him with anyone who's ever kicked in the NFL before
  4. We lost a top notch safety (by PFF grades anyway) and a really good corner
Compared to last year, at least at the moment and objectively speaking, we took a step back. That's what Fox is saying here and others who share the same opinion. But, we also have a lot of pluses to look at:
  1. We spent our 1st and 2nd round picks last year on Khalil Mack and Anthony Miller, and they were well worth it
  2. We replaced one highly respected and talented coordinator with another highly respected and talented coordinator
  3. We probably didn't get any worse at kicker compared to what Parkey gave us last year
  4. We made a couple savvy, good signings to replace Amos/Callahan in a way where we shouldn't expect a huge dropoff
On top of that, our 3rd round was spent on the one position that can really make a huge difference right away without having to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on: running back, which was a big position of need for us. We also signed a guy in Mike Davis who figures to be a better fit as well. IMO, Montgomery/Davis is a pretty massive upgrade over Howard/Mizzell/Cunningham from both a talent and a fit standpoint.

Our GM has a great track record in the later rounds, so it's not out of the question to think that guys like Shelley and Ridley could play sizable roles early on and even excel. It's not out of the question that one of these kickers steps up like a young Robbie Gould did way back when or at least becomes serviceable. It's quite likely that more natural fits at running back make this offense that much more dynamic. And it's quite likely that Trubisky gets noticeably if not considerably/drastically better than he was in his first year of the new offense.
Been meaning to post that this is a very sane, common sense take on the offseason. Which was the whole point of my starting this thread. Fox demonstrated an obvious case of bitterness in the guise of objective analysis.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the sage life-lessons on deciding whether or not to post on an anonymous forum, that Fox and Parkey can buttfuck each other with a pineapple. Such wisdom in discussing a former coach and kicker. LOL

You're a moron.

You're welcome. Good of you to acknowledge your reading comprehension skills are completely absent.

Ya monkey.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome. Good of you to acknowledge your reading comprehension skills are completely absent.

Ya monkey.
giphy.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^beardown's self portrait

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take issue with what he said....but I also don't even come close to agreeing with him.

The biggest worry on the roster though....remains the kicker. And it's June. Not good.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take issue with what he said....but I also don't even come close to agreeing with him.

The biggest worry on the roster though....remains the kicker. And it's June. Not good.
On the bright side, at least it's not QB like so many years past.

I don't know why but i'm not worried. I think one of these guys will emerge to be a serviceable kicker. No logic, just a hunch.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a serviceable kicker. I want a kicker we can rely on when we need him. Like say....at the end of a playoff game in the winter.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a serviceable kicker. I want a kicker we can rely on when we need him. Like say....at the end of a playoff game in the winter.
Oh yea of course but they don't grow on trees. Pace signed Parkey to a big deal last year to be that guy so it's not like you can necessarily even rely on a big name free agent.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea of course but they don't grow on trees. Pace signed Parkey to a big deal last year to be that guy so it's not like you can necessarily even rely on a big name free agent.

It's not like they got a stud and were surprised that he turned into a turd. Parkey wasn't really a big name. He signed a kicker that wasn't worth a big deal to a big deal and paid for it.

You can rely on a big name free agent....when you actually sign one. Pace signed a bum that had an anomaly season with Miami hitting mostly shorter field goals in better weather than the Bears typically play in. And he missed 3 XPs with Miami that season. His previous season with Cleveland was bad....and I were a Chicago GM I would have taken that into account.

Kicking is suspect for many teams around the league, obviously. But it's a problem Pace is getting paid to solve.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like they got a stud and were surprised that he turned into a turd. Parkey wasn't really a big name. He signed a kicker that wasn't worth a big deal to a big deal and paid for it.

You can rely on a big name free agent
Parkey was just that a year ago man.

How quickly he made people forget that, though.

Parkey was 76 for 88 in his career (86%)

Which would be tied with Dan Bailey for 5th all-time and just behind Gould (with Lutz & Gostkowski) at 87%.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I love the Bears board.

Just stopping by guys...

-coach Ditka