• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

guerin trying out for flyers

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what do you guys think of this?
i think its a mistake. he might have a little left in the tank and brings a great character to the locker room, but honestly..i dont really think we need to worry about adding another veteran. this team has enough veteran leadership and experience, between prongs, kimo, danny, lappy, shelly, o'donnell, and even richie, hartnell and carter can start to be considered vets. we have the young guns to get the job done, the likes of leino, giroux, jvr is a young core im more than happy to watch on a nightly basis. plus this team went to the finals. lets stop tweaking with a recipe that works. we upgraded the defense, and swapped one forward spot in the lineup and let the goalies remain the same. enough tweaking lets watch this team play!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have to be very cheap. He is a 20 goal scorer. I was saying they shouls look at him before they signed Carcillo and Powe;)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i like it if he's trying out for the flyers.. proven guy that can be the big body in front of the net, which we're still lacking btw.. since knuble left we haven't had a guy to really create traffic.. hartnell and carcillo do it a little, but not like knuble could or guerin could

i think he'd be a great fit on the 3rd line and on the PP

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea doesn't make any sense to me.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread makes no sense. Is he trying out, or just skating at a local rink with some Flyers? All signs point to just skating, but when you need something to talk about...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I see this as a bad thing. The norm is 14 forward, 7 dmen and 2 goalies. I still think Guerin is a 20 goal scorer. Cut Walker, sign BG and sill have a little over $1 million in cap. I would like to see a Jvr - Giroux - BG line.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it's carbomb or shelley. i don't see holmer admitting shelley was a mistake. so i would think it's carbomb that would have to go. maybe we could package a goalie with him, get a better one in return, and still have room for guerin.

lol....i'm dreaming aren't i?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rather have GUerin than Carcillo at this point. Shelley too, but I agree that he probably isn't going anywhere right now unfortunately.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i just think if they sign guerin they are reverting to the old flyers way..which was to constantly bring in past their prime veterans. not saying BG isnt a great guy to have on the team, because he certainly is, but we have enough of his kind of player right now. youth is what is winning stanley cups, just look at recent winners. BG on the roster just takes a full year development away from a prospect who might crack the team or a JVR who might get slightly less ice team. we have the ingredients on this team on forward and on defense. its gonna just come down to how well our goalies play and if we stay healthy. i dont want any more additions.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stuff i read said he was skating with flyers, in flyers attire..

maybe thats reading too much into it.. or maybe i was drunk when reading.. but i'd say there's a good chance he trys out here.. if he's on a tryout basis you gotta figure he would sign for the vet. minimum.. which i dont recall off the top of my head

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So visiting his father-in-law and going to the local rink = trying out for the team?

Justin Williams was there too. Is a trade imminent? Of course it has to be. Nobody is allowed to skate at the Flyers' rink with their permission unless they are on the team, or unless it's before Labor Day. But neither of those are true, are they?

So how did you guys enjoy your day off for Labor Day?

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
seems kinda odd that he was wearing a flyers tshirt....

also, what is it about ex flyers skating here over the summer. seems like every year it gets bigger.

PenVolution

woooooooo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's interesting is the fact that Guerin said (or at least it was reported) that he wasn't willing to take another "pay cut" from the 2 million he made last year. It ultimately affected Shero's decision in the process to keep that money for a rainy day.

So why would he take less with the Flyers? It's a mitigated role on a lesser line on a solid team but he really doesn't have any legs left; he was also a non-factor on the PP.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good point about the money situation seeming odd. although, you never know, holmer might pay him 2 mill. he paid it to shelley....

if he replaces carcillo then he won't be on the pp that much.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was also a non-factor on the PP.

He had 11 PPG's which means he tied Carter's mark and would only be behind Richie's 13. He was also 3rd on the Pens last leason trailing Cindy and Gina by 2.

I would think he would be a helpful guy to have on a PP seeing he can still find the net.

The contract and playing time are another situation that are completely open to speculation where as those PP #'s are fact.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My only guess on the money is that he overvalued himself and Shero walked on him. SImilar to Marty Biron last year in Philly.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's carbomb or shelley. i don't see holmer admitting shelley was a mistake. so i would think it's carbomb that would have to go. maybe we could package a goalie with him, get a better one in return, and still have room for guerin.

lol....i'm dreaming aren't i?

I'm with you so far. Keep going please...

:D