• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden QB Camp

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is it just me or is this stuff just awkward to watch? I'd like it better if the QB wasn't even in the room and he was just breaking down footage with some intern at ESPN.

...However, I'll still watch it 'cause it's the closest thing there is to football right now.

P.S. I can't get over Gruden calling a college QB "Bro'." It does not sound right.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At least he gave some love to my guy Chris Gragg on the Arkansas breakdown though (although he didn't know Gragg's name).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's the type of draft stuff that drives me nuts because common, every day, run-of-the-mill fans watch it and develop an incomplete picture of a player and come up with all these maddening conclusions. A picture that many then run with to their friends or to draft websites and start spewing junk (for the most part most of the time). It's not completely useless for the right kind of people who know what they're looking at but it's pretty close to completely pointless/useless.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the type of draft stuff that drives me nuts because common, every day, run-of-the-mill fans watch it and develop an incomplete picture of a player and come up with all these maddening conclusions. A picture that many then run with to their friends or to draft websites and start spewing junk (for the most part most of the time). It's not completely useless for the right kind of people who know what they're looking at but it's pretty close to completely pointless/useless.

Yeah, someone was telling me how Geno Smith was put on the spot to describe a play and the reads on it. And that he mastered it. So, I go and watch the darned thing, and it's him describing a play he's done multiple times, twice in big moments of his career. The point was that he had to have reads and make decisions, not that he knew some damn play that he ran multiple times!

I don't know much draft stuff or college football, so I'm not one to speak. But I can see what you mean with this stuff.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy it for what it's worth. It's interesting to see how the QB's react. Some of them are good with criticism and some of them are not. A lot of it is completely useless, though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the show is all about having another platform to display Gruden's personality.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is this stuff just awkward to watch? I'd like it better if the QB wasn't even in the room and he was just breaking down footage with some intern at ESPN.

...However, I'll still watch it 'cause it's the closest thing there is to football right now.

P.S. I can't get over Gruden calling a college QB "Bro'." It does not sound right.

I agree, they are really awkward to watch. I stopped a long time ago. Gruden is creepy.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it is like that creepy teacher in Pineapple Express.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they are really awkward to watch. I stopped a long time ago. Gruden is creepy.

Must be his resemblance to Chucky and his seemingly praiseful of everybodyness.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i love how all the QBs take notes during these interviews...

Gruden will say something like, "Be the first guy there, last guy to leave...you have to work hard to earn your teammates respect" and the rookie will be scribbling it all down as if taking notes on this is actually making him look good. It's hilarious.

The best was the Teo interview where he said you need to poke fun at yourself and joke around, and there Teo was scribbling it down on his sheet as if he needs to remind himself later on to joke around with his teammates.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden will say something like, "Be the first guy there, last guy to leave...you have to work hard to earn your teammates respect" and the rookie will be scribbling it all down as if taking notes on this is actually making him look good. It's hilarious.

The best was the Teo interview where he said you need to poke fun at yourself and joke around, and there Teo was scribbling it down on his sheet as if he needs to remind himself later on to joke around with his teammates.

LOL, I noticed this too, but didn't think about it much. That is weird. I guess I'd be pissed if I were practical by not writing it down, thinking it was common sense or I could rewatch it later, and then be called out on not writing anything. Then, be defensive in front of the cameras? Nah, I'd have to take it, despite all the reasons I had not to write things down.

Maybe T'eo should have had this before college and write down, "only date people who exist and you can physically see and go to the movies" or "if the love of your life gets in a car accident or has a funeral and you are at USC, go see her."

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's hilarious. I didn't realize Gruden also had non QBs on his show. I would've loved to see Rolando McClain answering his questions.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wonderlic-test.jpg

This reminded me of the old VY wonderlic test...