• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden not going anywhere

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure Zimmer was offered a HC job interview anywhere, but he signed a 3 year deal to stay here before he took many interviews.

One stipulation in all coach's contracts is they can up and leave if they get a promotion elsewhere. If it isn't in the contract, then at the very least it's a general rule that every team follows. So, Zimmer signing an extension has nothing to do with his feelings or ability to take a HC position. He could have taken a HC position without serving a day under his extension.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zimmer would be lined up for a HC job way before Gruden. He's been here a year, and we've been playing shitty teams. There's no way he gets an offer this offseason, and I'm not sure about next offseason, either. Saying this, I hope we keep Gruden and Zimmer. I'm surprised Zimmer hasn't been offered more jobs.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also do not believe Gruden will be offered a job after this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Many times in these positions, it's all about who you know or who you're related to. Jon is known to be a great coaching mind and has had success coaching. That alone might get Jay an offer or two.