• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Robinson

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree with Ice Freeze...even if he was starting @ OG...#2 overall is too high for a G...I thoughy Watkins was the pick for STL...Robinson is an athlete though...I think he will eventually get the playbook down and be a long term starter.
The plan was G this year and LT next year. Thats a solid plan for a young player.

Now I think the Rams might have to be realistic and look at him as an RT next year unless he makes major strides

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can improve a lot of things in football skills. Technique, strength, footwork, etc. But if this guy is dumb as a unlit lamp post, you can't improve intelligence.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too wanted Matthews over Robinson, it is sad to see this kid can't figure it out. I am even more surprised with us even having one of the best offensive line coaches in football too.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed when we drafted Robinson. I had instant thoughts of J Smith 2.0. While I think/hope he'll be a better player I couldn't help think that the Rams reached on him.
I also can't help but think they could of traded out of the #2 pick if they really wanted to. I think they were asking for a RGIII type of trade and Buffalo told them to pound sand and we were left standing with our d*cks in our hands. Just my take.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O come on guys, of course the kid is gonna play this season. Did you guys forget we have like the worse case of the injury bug for like 15+ years? Somebody will get hurt and he will be forced into the starting line up.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Red we are being overly critical.

You have to remember some of the greats didn't start week one. Jackie Slater comes to mind!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we actually see a game before firing everyone. If the Rams are 3-0 will you still be looking for heads? Robinson is a building process for LT we all know that, if he is overcome at this point moving back and forth, really does anyone think he shouldn't be? He is not Mathews a pure OT but his skills were a lot better than Mathews also, so in the long haul, he should be better. I wanted Robinson, I am upfront on that and if he doesn't get it, I will be hammering him too. My problem with Fisher is not Robinson, it is with Bradford and not addressing the QB position at any point with a quality project. Now it may be Hill is good this year, but we still have not looked at tomorrow. Next draft I hope that is settled real quick in round 1.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we actually see a game before firing everyone. If the Rams are 3-0 will you still be looking for heads? Robinson is a building process for LT we all know that, if he is overcome at this point moving back and forth, really does anyone think he shouldn't be? He is not Mathews a pure OT but his skills were a lot better than Mathews also, so in the long haul, he should be better. I wanted Robinson, I am upfront on that and if he doesn't get it, I will be hammering him too. My problem with Fisher is not Robinson, it is with Bradford and not addressing the QB position at any point with a quality project. Now it may be Hill is good this year, but we still have not looked at tomorrow. Next draft I hope that is settled real quick in round 1.
I agree with all of this. The Robinson draft pick made sense until you actually looked at the tape and went 'what the heck are all of these scouts seeing?' The Rams do have a great oline coach and the QB class last year was a bit suspect. I was big on the Bridgewater bandwagon but the scouts went south on him quickly. After that, the best OT made sense.

I also thought Aaron Donald was the 3rd best player in last year's draft so I wasn't bothered by the Robinson pick even if he only plays Guard. But seriously...he has to at least start at guard. C'mon!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you don't take a stud like Matthews who was proven and pass blocked for a weasel of a QB where the pocket collapsed every play is beyond me.

But I'm just a fan. The FO is loaded with scouts and other folks who know what they're doing. :pound:

Now that said, let's see if "the project" comes together for the Rams and Greg Robinson.
But if he gets benched early while Tavon is next to him on the bench on 1st down, I'm going to laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Rams are in the mess they are in on offense is because the FO idiots only look at numbers. Not use common sense. And They definitely don't think outside the box. "Oh we need a playmaker". Let's get a playmaker! Tavon Austin, wow runs a 4.3 40! He's also 5'7 170 and can't block. Gee we didn't think he couldn't be out there on first down. :rollseyes:

Greg Robinson. He's a road grader! Unreal athlete. What a combine!! Lol. Gee wally the guy run blocked 85% of his career at auburn. They didn't throw the ball. "Oh but we can teach him pass blocking". Lmao Now he's going to the NFC West which = project. Fine. But NOT at #2 overall pick. Nooooooo! Not again. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, settle down. I think everyone's jumping the gun. I could see it if it was week 5, posting a 1-4 record and then losing our starting QB, but the season hasn't even started yet. This team is better than we were last season right now even with Shaun Hill running the show. All we need to do is stay healthy and I think we'll be fine. Sure, we are gonna make some mistakes, but that comes with youth. Gregg Williams will have this defense flying to the ball, unlike the dink we had running the show last season. This team reminds me of the '02 Tampa Bay Bucs and we all know what happen that year. GO RAMS!!!!! :suds:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitenhymer is still the OC so we still have the dink and dunk so to speak. :nod:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, of course it's run first offense with JF and BS, but I think you are going to see more chances taken down the field this season. Especially, with the addition of Kenny Britt. If you look back at the first pre season game against New Orleans, Shaun Hill threw 2 TD's over 25 yards and that was against the Saints 1's. I am a believer of this guy, I saw him sling it against the Rams in Sam Bradford's rookie season to the tune of 44 points at Ford Field when he filled in for Matt Stafford. :clap:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....the key to our season is our health. We have to stay healthy in order to succeed. Something we haven't done in a long time. :L

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky might not be falling just yet. But after how many poor seasons (last few regimes) or mediocre seasons (this regime with questionable drafts) does the sky began to fall? Again, I will say that if this FO fails to get the Rams competitive with the draft picks we've had, then please somebody explain to me what exactly is the formula for building a SB team? As SJ pointed out.....Tavon Austin, Greg Robinson, Isaiah Peed, Mike Quick, Janoris Jenkins......all questionable high picks that should translate into a great team. If they don't pan out, heads need to roll, with Fisher's being the first, followed closely by Snead and the Caveman.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan was G this year and LT next year. Thats a solid plan for a young player.

Now I think the Rams might have to be realistic and look at him as an RT next year unless he makes major strides

but couldn't we have gotten a player in the 2nd or 3rd who also could've been a 10 year OG? Then get a player who can contribute right now and the next 10 years (Watkins, Mack, whoever) at #2 overall? If I'm drafting int he top three I want a 10 year pro-bowler! That IS the expectations, anything less is the reason we are a bad team.

Look, Robinson may go to 10 probowls (at any OL position) but if he is a project, why don't let a better team who can afford a project take him. We're the youngest team in the league (for the 3rd straight season I believe) we don't need projects at #2 overall.

And yes, we should wait for the 1st game to see what we can do... but since he isn't even playing that game its not promising. He was picked #2 overall, he should be able to start day 1. He's not a QB that we're letting sit and learn and acknowledge that we are a terrible team no matter what and starting him can get him hurt (i.e. the Jags) Robinson is suppose to the reason we are doing good, he is suppose to open holes and protect the QB, and right now, he isn't even on the field....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the same refrain for Tavon Austin. We did all those draft-day gyrations to get a supposed game-changer and he is not on the field a lot of the time.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky might not be falling just yet. But after how many poor seasons (last few regimes) or mediocre seasons (this regime with questionable drafts) does the sky began to fall? Again, I will say that if this FO fails to get the Rams competitive with the draft picks we've had, then please somebody explain to me what exactly is the formula for building a SB team? As SJ pointed out.....Tavon Austin, Greg Robinson, Isaiah Peed, Mike Quick, Janoris Jenkins......all questionable high picks that should translate into a great team. If they don't pan out, heads need to roll, with Fisher's being the first, followed closely by Snead and the Caveman.

Well you can't hit on every pick can you? There are 3 on that list that i feel they reached on. Quick, Robinson, and Pead. Everyone else the jury is still out on. I think we've actually had pretty good drafts. But what do i know?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, can't hit on all of them, but the Rams seem to hit on less than the average over the last decade or so. And the jury is still out on these guys that's true. But you absolutely have to hit on picks you make in the first round. And I'm not talking just good, I'm talking near the top of the league at their position. So I agree with you Jacob that we still need to have patience, but the excuses are through. If we don't get a winner from this RG3 trade bounty, I don't think this current FO ever will. I also suspect they won't survive if this doesn't come to fruition by the end of next year or at longest the year after that.