• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Oden's "DECISION" is sign with Miami

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair, I just dislike using words with negative connotations for those who did little other than be injury prone to earn them or live up to media hype. Media is just that these days, hype with next to no substance. When do we start holding the media accountable for all of their busts of evaluations? They are the real busts.

I like saying Oden and Morrison did not live up to expectations. Leaf is a bust of a human being and also at football.

Brian Bosworth was a bust.

Kobe didn't live up to expectations :D (of the media hype)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to disagree with this...

The hype and the media expectations were all fair when it came to evaluating Greg Oden. He was a once in a decade type of talent...and has not come close to living up to his expectations

Now...Oden's case is a bit different from Ryan Leaf, Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison...those guys just flat out sucked. Oden...he was a bit more unlucky?

So in my opinion...Oden IS a bust...but because of his unfortunate circumstances...he's not as heavily scrutinized as the others who are labeled a bust...and I think that's fair

But to completely take the "bust" label off of Oden...nah that's being too nice...especially if you look at the player who was drafted right after him

Man. First Jordan in 84, then Durant. I feel bad for Blazers fans.