• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Oden's "DECISION" is sign with Miami

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should it be any different? If this scrub were signing with any other team, you'd be howling like mad. :rolleyes2:

What does that even mean?

Name 1 reason why any Heat fan shouldn't be thrilled he picked the Heat.

Did we have to weaken our roster to sign him?

It's called no risk, all reward , if he's able to contribute.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of Oden was needed for the Heat. Oden will not be included in the regular rotation early on in the season as he still has weight to shed. He's reported at 275 pounds now (was somewhere north of 300+ if I'm not mistaken while in Portland). He's not going to be the next coming of Hakeem or Shaq, but he can still be a quality role player. The only question, which no one on here knows, is how his knees will hold up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only impact this is going to have is that the Miami Heat are going to be even better in NBA 2k14

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the otherside of this... I think he will be huge for them actually... It will be slow but towards the end of the season he will come on strong... I just think surgeries have come a long way, he will benefit from it and so will the Heat... I hate this as a Lakers fan and a proud member of the HHC... :sadbron:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the otherside of this... I think he will be huge for them actually... It will be slow but towards the end of the season he will come on strong... I just think surgeries have come a long way, he will benefit from it and so will the Heat... I hate this as a Lakers fan and a proud member of the HHC... :sadbron:

As long as he is healthy and ready for the playoffs. He will be useful vs the pacers

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy he will be awesome for us, a rotation of Birdman^2 and Oden and we could play Bosh at the 4!!! That would be the only thing set in stone.

3 LBJ/Lewis or even Varnado if we keep him
2 Wade/Allen
1 Cole/Chalmers

For short periods of time we could play BIG!!! OMG WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE COULD PLAY BIG!!! I would call the following line up the Pacers squasher.

5/4 Oden
5/4 Birdman
3 BOSH
2 Wade
1 LBJ

1 more with LBJ running the point

5 Birdman/Oden
4 Bosh/UD
3 Wade/Allen/Battier
2 Cole/Chalmers/Allen
1 LBJ

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am way ahead of myself as he probably will not really be in the rotation until the all star break but the possibilities to have a traditional team make me wet. This is a huge if but this allows us to not have a match up problem with anybody. We may even just flat out become a nightmare for every one, not just the Bucks.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance this one could really put Miami back in the title game. Miami has Bosh and Anderson inside along with Lebron who is everywhere. ,,,,,and if Odem can give 10 quality minutes a game, that could be huge. We will have to see about that. Never have been a big fan of Odem for his lack effort, but Lebron is such a great floor leader, Oden just might learn something. Still not happy about Miller leaving as he is a great outside shooter; always was. Miami needs people who can consistently bury the 3 to free up inside drives to the hoop.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance this one could really put Miami back in the title game. Miami has Bosh and Anderson inside along with Lebron who is everywhere. ,,,,,and if Odem can give 10 quality minutes a game, that could be huge. We will have to see about that. Never have been a big fan of Odem for his lack effort, but Lebron is such a great floor leader, Oden just might learn something. Still not happy about Miller leaving as he is a great outside shooter; always was. Miami needs people who can consistently bury the 3 to free up inside drives to the hoop.

The Heat roster has improved each year of the Big 3, just as planned.

If Oden can stay healthy, this years edition will be the best by far IMO.

Miller leaving was not much of loss, if you look at the big picture.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now we might not be the league worst at rebounding!!!

with our efficiency second chances should be brutal.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat roster has improved each year of the Big 3, just as planned.

If Oden can stay healthy, this years edition will be the best by far IMO.

Miller leaving was not much of loss, if you look at the big picture.

IMO, Lebron is the only player of the big 3 that has improved. He makes Bosh and wade better. IMO, it was not the big 3 that made Miami good; it was Lebron and a well balanced bench that could play the entire 48 minutes where other teams did not. The addition of Anderson is what sealed the deal as he did soooo many things inside that did not end up on the stat sheet. Again, losing Miller is big as he is a great 3 point shooter and also hustles to pick up rebounds and loose balls. Not sure if Battiea will ever get the consistency needed to control the outside. Saw a lot of bricks thrown up by him last year. Oden is a long shot; at best. Got him cheap and if he loses some weight and gets his head screwed on straight, he might contribute. My first impression is he will play some, get injured and that will be the last we see of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the injury, for sure Noah would have turned into a better player than Oden. Oden had more skill coming into the NBA but Noah had the work ethic and desire of a pro and seemed like he wanted it more.

drop the homerism. noah isnt that good. he is a career 9.4 ppg and 9.1 board. he had a career year in scoring and boarding this season and still didnt average 12 points.. finishing 11.9 and 11.1. not bad... but certainly not amazing. greg oden before knee injuries would have demolished these numbers.

in fact greg oden AFTER his first knee injury averaged 11.1 ppg and 8.5 boards in his second NBA season. if you also break their stats down per 36 minutes Oden kills Noah. Oden's worse FG% for a year would be a career high for Noah.

Noah is vastly overrated and takes advantage of a bad eastern conference when it comes to big men.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noah is better than oden now because oden's knee are shot. i hope he can recover.. im just not sure he can.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if oden is healthy the heat have actually become a complete team and can be talked about against the all time teams. problem is... oden is never healthy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if oden is healthy the heat have actually become a complete team and can be talked about against the all time teams. problem is... oden is never healthy.

With Oden, the Heat only become a complete team that can be talked about against the all-time teams if he can start and play starters minutes.

If he is only available for 10-15 minutes or so a game because of his knees, then I'm not sure he helps that much!!

Having said that, 10-15 minutes per game of Oden playing at a high level, certainly wouldn't hurt the Heats chances!! I just don't think it would make him the difference maker that Heat fans are hoping for!!

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Oden will be for the Heat what Robert Parrish aka "The Chief" was for the Celtics

I hope, kinda sad the Dude's had so many injuries