• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy woman beating photos emerge on Deadspin

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legally this Domestic violence case never happened
Hardy was convicted then appealed and the conviction overturned then it was expunged. In the eyes of the Justice system this never happened.
The Carolina DA alleged that Holder was paid a settlement to not cooperate but that has never been proven.
The NFL suspended him for 10 games appeal reduced it to 4 through arbitration and the suspension served.
All in all Hardy has served the punishment that has been handed down to him legally and from the NFL.

So exactly what has Hardy done ? He has been accused of beating his girlfriend , Pictures have been obtained by his employer and a punishment has been given per the terms of his employment in the NFL. Hardy has went through the Legal process in the State that the alleged crime was committed and has been found Legally innocent of anything.

The bold is a laughably incorrect statement of law. If the system decided "innocence," there would be millions more people in prison.

As for the underlined, I don't care why she isn't testifying. The important fact is that she isn't testifying. And why do you think that is? If Hardy were innocent, why wouldn't she say so in court again? (Hint: Because then she could be impeached with her prior statements and Hardy would be found guilty AGAIN.)

You also say this case has been adjudicated, but it hasn't. The case was dismissed by the court on appeal, which means that the trial never happened. The case was not dismissed with prejudice, per any reports I have seen. So jeopardy hasn't been triggered...the case has not been adjudicated.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the story, but don't see how that matters. I'm not in any way condoning or denying Hardys actions so don't try to make it look that way. My point about the pics was simply...have you ever seen a pic of what some domestic violence looks like? I expected much, much worse if/when pics came out...this man is huge and in incredible shape and either has a anger problem, roid rage or both. The damage he could do to a woman in "several minutes" is mind boggling

You expected worse bruising than that on scene? Seriously?

I have never seen on-scene bruising like that. I've seen worse cases (my office has filed a case where a woman slashed a guy's eye off with a knife and many, many cases with broken bones, dislocated shoulders, and various disfigurements).

But in terms of raw bruising? No, Hardy caused immediately-apparent bad bruises on a very high percentage of her body. It's bad.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was wrong. And as a life long fan of the Cowboys it really puts me in a tight spot. You can't help feel a little dirty. But you want to win so bad you can't pass up on a guy like Hardy.

But what team in the NFL has not done what the Cowboys have done in one form or the other.
Very surprising to see people throwing stones at the Cowboys Organization.

Every team has sold their soul one way or another, so put down the stones.

You have got to be shitting me,. Sure teams have signed guys with baggage, happens all the time. But none with baggage like this. A video changed Ray Rice's punishment from 2 games to a life sentence but apparently these pics which clearly show worse damage changes nothing.

Now you have an owner in Dallas who not only looked the other way in a move that wouldn have made Joe Paterno proud he is totally enabling this piece of shit. He gives him a pass and made excuses when Hardy no-showed a practice, a stunt that should have resulted in a benching or suspension. He calls him a team leader after the sideline incident with the assistant coach and then acting like a complete child in the locker room interview. Now you have these pics come out and again he gives him a pass days after cutting an unproductive RB for "off the field issues". Jerry's own press release said they signed him with the understanding that the player would be under tight scrutiny. Well Jerry if you are tightly scrutinizing him why is he still on your team after these pics, pics you claim to have not seen until this week, surfaced?

If you are a Boys fan and can't see the difference between the enabling by JJ and a team signing a guy with a DWI then you have no soul.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was wrong. And as a life long fan of the Cowboys it really puts me in a tight spot. You can't help feel a little dirty. But you want to win so bad you can't pass up on a guy like Hardy.

But what team in the NFL has not done what the Cowboys have done in one form or the other.
Very surprising to see people throwing stones at the Cowboys Organization.

Every team has sold their soul one way or another, so put down the stones.

Sports is a dirty biz where wins are all that matters. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be shitting me,. Sure teams have signed guys with baggage, happens all the time. But none with baggage like this. A video changed Ray Rice's punishment from 2 games to a life sentence but apparently these pics which clearly show worse damage changes nothing.

Now you have an owner in Dallas who not only looked the other way in a move that wouldn have made Joe Paterno proud he is totally enabling this piece of shit. He gives him a pass and made excuses when Hardy no-showed a practice, a stunt that should have resulted in a benching or suspension. He calls him a team leader after the sideline incident with the assistant coach and then acting like a complete child in the locker room interview. Now you have these pics come out and again he gives him a pass days after cutting an unproductive RB for "off the field issues". Jerry's own press release said they signed him with the understanding that the player would be under tight scrutiny. Well Jerry if you are tightly scrutinizing him why is he still on your team after these pics, pics you claim to have not seen until this week, surfaced?

If you are a Boys fan and can't see the difference between the enabling by JJ and a team signing a guy with a DWI then you have no soul.

You have every right to fell this way. But that is only if you have 1 standard across the board. And that you don't have one standard for the Cowboys and another for everyone else.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None with baggage like this? AP is still on a team and he whipped his kid. Violence against children is way worse that this. I also think the pictures were alot more sickening than this as well.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is a laughably incorrect statement of law. If the system decided "innocence," there would be millions more people in prison.

As for the underlined, I don't care why she isn't testifying. The important fact is that she isn't testifying. And why do you think that is? If Hardy were innocent, why wouldn't she say so in court again? (Hint: Because then she could be impeached with her prior statements and Hardy would be found guilty AGAIN.)

You also say this case has been adjudicated, but it hasn't. The case was dismissed by the court on appeal, which means that the trial never happened. The case was not dismissed with prejudice, per any reports I have seen. So jeopardy hasn't been triggered...the case has not been adjudicated.

I'm not an attorney so if you are 1 as you have alluded to I defer to your legal expertise.

However
If I understand the Law a little bit though you are innocent until proven guilty right? I may have not stated the legal terms correct in my previous statement I understand. The DA still has the right to file again because the case was not dismissed with prejudice.
As you said the case was dismissed on appeal which means the trial never happened so Hardy is innocent until proven guilty Right?

As for Holder not testifying the point is she does not have to cooperate that is her choice.
Right?

And the issue has been adjudicated by the NFL . Not in the legal system because the case was not dismissed with prejudice so I stand corrected on that point.

But Greg Hardy is still " Legally " Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law Right?

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics add more a human element to the story and always make it worse, but these Pics actually show less bruising than I would have assumed. Imagine the damage this man could do to a woman in about 2 seconds. Plus in his short time with Dallas his inability to control his emotions and/or temper has already been shown and at a time when he is under the microscope and a "normal" person would be trying to be on their best behavior. Man is a time bomb, but damn can he play football. So he stays and Randle who is not that good goes...

Friend of mine said Jerry leaked the photos so he could sign him for less...but, he's a Giant fan so what do you expect.

The dead spin article has an interesting note about to the 48 pictures.

"Some of the photographs in the gallery above appear to repeat; they are in fact distinct images of the evidence photos, shown at different levels of light exposure"

One could be forgiven in thinking that they changed the lighting of duplicate photos for the sole purpose of giving the impression that they are all separate wounds.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None with baggage like this? AP is still on a team and he whipped his kid. Violence against children is way worse that this. I also think the pictures were alot more sickening than this as well.

I believe the Vikings actually went to his house to beg him to come back.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an attorney so if you are 1 as you have alluded to I defer to your legal expertise.

However
If I understand the Law a little bit though you are innocent until proven guilty right? I may have not stated the legal terms correct in my previous statement I understand. The DA still has the right to file again because the case was not dismissed with prejudice.
As you said the case was dismissed on appeal which means the trial never happened so Hardy is innocent until proven guilty Right?

As for Holder not testifying the point is she does not have to cooperate that is her choice.
Right?

And the issue has been adjudicated by the NFL . Not in the legal system because the case was not dismissed with prejudice so I stand corrected on that point.

But Greg Hardy is still " Legally " Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law Right?

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong

Not guilty is not the same as "innocent." That is the problem with your assumption. Innocent implies the system makes an active determination that a person did nothing wrong. And that's not how our system works.

And legally, Holder does have to show up for a hearing if she is subpoenaed. In theory, she could be imprisoned for not showing up. In practice, though, that would never happen with a DV victim.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Guilty or Not Guilty

Then why does Nolo give this
One of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system, holding that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, each essential element of the crime charged.
Definition provided by Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary

Legal semantics ?

anyway have a great day Smart
Its off to watch my Nephew play soccer

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the pics drive the price down to sign him long term. I learned long ago to seperate players on the field & off the field. They are no role models to my kids, I am . ...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here's a new thought. Police beat up women all the time and come out unscathed by using the excuse that they felt their lives were in danger. Gregs motor skills could have been compromised and was on the verge of being choked out and had no choice but to unintentionaly throw nicole onto a couch full of rifles

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here's a new thought. Police beat up women all the time and come out unscathed by using the excuse that they felt their lives were in danger. Gregs motor skills could have been compromised and was on the verge of being choked out and had no choice but to unintentionaly throw nicole onto a couch full of rifles
Sorry dumb argument right there. How much do these two people weigh? I have 80 lbs on my wife I can easily restrain her without tossing her around and bruising her.
I believe there truths and fabrications with both their stories but her story is more true than his.

I don't believe she was trying to leave and I do believe she was coked up. I do believe the whole thing was jealousy on Hardy part and in trying to force her out of his apartment he tossed her around like a rag doll.
To end it he paid her off, but then which one of us wouldn't pay off someone to keep out of jail if we had the resources.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sarcasm?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expected worse bruising than that on scene? Seriously?

I have never seen on-scene bruising like that. I've seen worse cases (my office has filed a case where a woman slashed a guy's eye off with a knife and many, many cases with broken bones, dislocated shoulders, and various disfigurements).

But in terms of raw bruising? No, Hardy caused immediately-apparent bad bruises on a very high percentage of her body. It's bad.
Yeah. Blood, broken nose, eye swollen up like a balloon, etc. If this went on for several minutes I would have thought much worse looking. I've seen a lot of battered individuals and maybe I missed the worst pics, but the ones I saw weren't what I would have expected from a guy throwing a women around, banging her head into walls and tossing her on a futon full of automatic weapons. I'm surprised she is standing.

Why am I defending myself here I have no idea...I really didn't think much about it and I sure don't care what you think about what I think...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You truly remain the biggest idiot on here

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady did nothing wrong, the officials spot the ball before every play !

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK you're right, none was the wrong word. How about few with this much baggage? Again what we are seeing here is far far different than a team signing a guynwith a DWI.

Last edited: