• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy woman beating photos emerge on Deadspin

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locked in a cage? No. 2 shots. Back of the head. Then just push his carcass of a cliff. Garbage like him shouldn't be breathing

When did the Steelers cut Ben Roethlisberger? You know, because they want to send the right message.

Ben Roethlisberger
Sexual assault allegations
On March 5, 2010, it was revealed that police in Milledgeville, Georgia were investigating Roethlisberger for a sexual assault inside the women's restroom of the Capital City nightclub. The accuser, a then-20-year-old student at nearby Georgia College & State University, was seen at several establishments with Roethlisberger leading up to the incident, including posing for a photograph with him.[citation needed] Roethlisberger spoke with police the night of the incident and stated that he did have contact with the woman that was not "consummated" and afterward the accuser slipped and injured her head.

Roethlisberger hired lawyer Ed Garland, who had previously defended Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in his murder trial. Head coach Mike Tomlin stated at the time that he was "highly concerned" for the franchise and Roethlisberger.[12]

The accuser was treated at Oconee Regional Medical Center. An emergency-room doctor and two nurses examined her and noted in their report a "superficial laceration and bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area", but could not say if trauma or sexual assault was the cause. The remaining examination was "normal".[13] A r*pe kit was collected, but no semen was recovered, and the amount of male DNA found was insufficient to create a profile. The doctor's report also quoted the alleged victim telling them that, "A boy kind ofraped me."[13]

In interviews with the police on the night of the incident, the woman alleged that Roethlisberger, after inviting her and her friends to the V.I.P. area of the nightclub, encouraged them to do numerous shots of alcohol before Anthony Barravecchio — an off-duty Coraopolis, Pennsylvania policeman, undercover DEA narcotics officer at Pittsburgh International Airport, and one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards[14][195] — stated he led her down a hallway to a stool and left. Witnesses, however, stated that Barravecchio "placed his hand" on the accuser's shoulder and applied "a little bit of pressure to guide her" into the restroom where she claims the assault took place, something Barravecchio's lawyer denies.[196][197]

After Barravecchio's purported departure, Roethlisberger allegedly approached, exposed himself, and despite the woman's protests, followed her into what turned out to be a bathroom when she tried to leave through the first door she saw. The woman claims Roethlisberger then raped her. It is further alleged that friends of the woman attempted to intervene out of worry, but the second of Roethlisberger's bodyguards, Edward Joyner—an off-duty Pennsylvania State Trooper—avoided eye contact and said he did not know what they were talking about. The policemen claimed to "have no memory" of meeting the woman.[198]

Milledgeville Police Sergeant Jerry Blash, who had posed for a photograph with Roethlisberger earlier in the evening, was the first officer to respond. At the scene, he made a comment about the accuser to Barravecchio: "We have a problem, this drunken [expletive], drunk off her ass, is accusing Ben of r*pe.” Blash later admitted denigrating the accuser and never formally questioning Roethlisberger; he did speak to the NFL player and his off-duty police bodyguards at the Capital City club, but according to Blash's own report, Roethlisberger was hardly engaged and spent most of the time on his phone.[14]

On April 12, 2010, district attorney Fred Bright held a press conference to announce that Roethlisberger would not be charged. Bright said "looking at all the evidence here, I cannot prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt".[13] Furthermore, the accuser wrote to the D.A. through her lawyer expressing she no longer wanted to pursue criminal charges[15] because the level of media attention would make a criminal trial too "intrusive" of a personal experience. The letter stressed that she was not recanting her accusation.[16]

As a result of the unabridged details revealed in Bright's press conference, reaction was swift. Steelers president Art Rooney II was reported to be "furious".[17] The owner of Pittsburgh-based PLB Sports, which marketed "Big Ben's Beef Jerky", terminated the company's five-year sponsorship of Roethlisberger, the first such action in the company's 14-year history.[20][21] Jerry Blash finally resigned from the Milledgeville Police on April 15, 2010. Anthony Barravecchio was never disciplined in the incident, despite a local investigation where the Coraopolis Solicitor reviewed the 500-page Georgia Bureau of Investigation file on the matter.[197][199]

Roethlisberger was among the celebrities lampooned in the 14th season premiere of the Comedy Central animated series South Park, appearing in a rehabilitation class for "sex addicts" along with David Letterman, Bill Clinton, and others. Titled "Sexual Healing", the episode aired shortly after the second accusation of sexual assault was made against Roethlisberger.[200]

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the Steelers cut Ben Roethlisberger? You know, because they want to send the right message.

Ben Roethlisberger
Sexual assault allegations
On March 5, 2010, it was revealed that police in Milledgeville, Georgia were investigating Roethlisberger for a sexual assault inside the women's restroom of the Capital City nightclub. The accuser, a then-20-year-old student at nearby Georgia College & State University, was seen at several establishments with Roethlisberger leading up to the incident, including posing for a photograph with him.[citation needed] Roethlisberger spoke with police the night of the incident and stated that he did have contact with the woman that was not "consummated" and afterward the accuser slipped and injured her head.

Roethlisberger hired lawyer Ed Garland, who had previously defended Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in his murder trial. Head coach Mike Tomlin stated at the time that he was "highly concerned" for the franchise and Roethlisberger.[12]

The accuser was treated at Oconee Regional Medical Center. An emergency-room doctor and two nurses examined her and noted in their report a "superficial laceration and bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area", but could not say if trauma or sexual assault was the cause. The remaining examination was "normal".[13] A r*pe kit was collected, but no semen was recovered, and the amount of male DNA found was insufficient to create a profile. The doctor's report also quoted the alleged victim telling them that, "A boy kind ofraped me."[13]

In interviews with the police on the night of the incident, the woman alleged that Roethlisberger, after inviting her and her friends to the V.I.P. area of the nightclub, encouraged them to do numerous shots of alcohol before Anthony Barravecchio — an off-duty Coraopolis, Pennsylvania policeman, undercover DEA narcotics officer at Pittsburgh International Airport, and one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards[14][195] — stated he led her down a hallway to a stool and left. Witnesses, however, stated that Barravecchio "placed his hand" on the accuser's shoulder and applied "a little bit of pressure to guide her" into the restroom where she claims the assault took place, something Barravecchio's lawyer denies.[196][197]

After Barravecchio's purported departure, Roethlisberger allegedly approached, exposed himself, and despite the woman's protests, followed her into what turned out to be a bathroom when she tried to leave through the first door she saw. The woman claims Roethlisberger then raped her. It is further alleged that friends of the woman attempted to intervene out of worry, but the second of Roethlisberger's bodyguards, Edward Joyner—an off-duty Pennsylvania State Trooper—avoided eye contact and said he did not know what they were talking about. The policemen claimed to "have no memory" of meeting the woman.[198]

Milledgeville Police Sergeant Jerry Blash, who had posed for a photograph with Roethlisberger earlier in the evening, was the first officer to respond. At the scene, he made a comment about the accuser to Barravecchio: "We have a problem, this drunken [expletive], drunk off her ass, is accusing Ben of r*pe.” Blash later admitted denigrating the accuser and never formally questioning Roethlisberger; he did speak to the NFL player and his off-duty police bodyguards at the Capital City club, but according to Blash's own report, Roethlisberger was hardly engaged and spent most of the time on his phone.[14]

On April 12, 2010, district attorney Fred Bright held a press conference to announce that Roethlisberger would not be charged. Bright said "looking at all the evidence here, I cannot prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt".[13] Furthermore, the accuser wrote to the D.A. through her lawyer expressing she no longer wanted to pursue criminal charges[15] because the level of media attention would make a criminal trial too "intrusive" of a personal experience. The letter stressed that she was not recanting her accusation.[16]

As a result of the unabridged details revealed in Bright's press conference, reaction was swift. Steelers president Art Rooney II was reported to be "furious".[17] The owner of Pittsburgh-based PLB Sports, which marketed "Big Ben's Beef Jerky", terminated the company's five-year sponsorship of Roethlisberger, the first such action in the company's 14-year history.[20][21] Jerry Blash finally resigned from the Milledgeville Police on April 15, 2010. Anthony Barravecchio was never disciplined in the incident, despite a local investigation where the Coraopolis Solicitor reviewed the 500-page Georgia Bureau of Investigation file on the matter.[197][199]

Roethlisberger was among the celebrities lampooned in the 14th season premiere of the Comedy Central animated series South Park, appearing in a rehabilitation class for "sex addicts" along with David Letterman, Bill Clinton, and others. Titled "Sexual Healing", the episode aired shortly after the second accusation of sexual assault was made against Roethlisberger.[200]

What does ben and the steelers have to do with hardy beating the piss out of a woman?:scratch:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob the road he's headed down. Killed or be killed. U can only live a life full of guns and violence for so long until it catches up to you. Jerry is hoping Hardy gets him a ring first, of course.

What happened was wrong. And as a life long fan of the Cowboys it really puts me in a tight spot. You can't help feel a little dirty. But you want to win so bad you can't pass up on a guy like Hardy.

But what team in the NFL has not done what the Cowboys have done in one form or the other.
Very surprising to see people throwing stones at the Cowboys Organization.

Every team has sold their soul one way or another, so put down the stones.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was wrong. And as a life long fan of the Cowboys it really puts me in a tight spot. You can't help feel a little dirty. But you want to win so bad you can't pass up on a guy like Hardy.

But what team in the NFL has not done what the Cowboys have done in one form or the other.
Very surprising to see people throwing stones at the Cowboys Organization.

Every team has sold their soul one way or another, so put down the stones.

Oh, I'm not pointing the finger at Cowboy fans, not at all. I'm just simply responding with how I feel a person of Hardy's ilk should be dealt with

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio here in Dallas, they had some interesting things to say. Jerrah at this point would sell his soul for another Super Bowl before he dies. He is desperate and would do anything, which is why they signed Hardy.

But...it apparently didn't go over well in the locker room. Some of the leaders of the team didn't like it.

I didn't know that Witten had been in a domestic abuse situation growing up for example. He hasn't said anything but apparently he is not happy about the team signing this guy according to the radio guys I heard.

The sad thing is the Cowboys had a nucleus of pretty good character guys, people like Romo, Witten, Tyron Smith, etc. Even Dez, while controversial, has never really done anything to hurt anybody. But then they bring in someone like this and it destroys the chemistry, just like TO did. Jerry never learns.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legally this Domestic violence case never happened
Hardy was convicted then appealed and the conviction overturned then it was expunged. In the eyes of the Justice system this never happened.
The Carolina DA alleged that Holder was paid a settlement to not cooperate but that has never been proven.
The NFL suspended him for 10 games appeal reduced it to 4 through arbitration and the suspension served.
All in all Hardy has served the punishment that has been handed down to him legally and from the NFL.

So exactly what has Hardy done ? He has been accused of beating his girlfriend , Pictures have been obtained by his employer and a punishment has been given per the terms of his employment in the NFL. Hardy has went through the Legal process in the State that the alleged crime was committed and has been found Legally innocent of anything.

Now Deadspin has obtained the pictures from who knows where and published them online. Thus touching off a firestorm about an issue that has already been adjudicated Legally and through the NFL's suspension process.

What happened that night is not known totally to anybody but Holder and Hardy. The pictures are terrible but they don't tell the whole story.

I did not want Greg Hardy on the Cowboys
I don't want them to give him an extension
I think Jerry is an Idiot for signing him IMO
I think Hardy has some serious Rage issues that he cant control
If Greg Hardy is the Idiot that many of you portray him to be he will eventually screw up and land himself in a legal mess he cant get out of.
Sometimes you have to wait for Karma to catch up but it always does when they least expect it!

The NFL is a business ran by billionaires and they will do whatever they want with talented troubled players until the players cant help them anymore. Sad but true. And for those that say quit watching and quit buying the products go ahead and vote with your $$$ but their are 2 more behind you that will take your place .

JMHO

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White women bruise too easily.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But then they bring in someone like this and it destroys the chemistry, just like TO did. Jerry never learns"

WOW.....wishful thinking is all I can say here

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, in our society, it seems to take photographic evidence for people to take this stuff seriously. We all knew about Ray Rice for months. But when that video came out of him knocking out a woman with a punch...it had a huge impact. He would have gotten to play if that video didn't drop. But when it came out, career over.

As for football, yes it is a business but also one subject to public opinion. If Pepsi and AT&T complain to Jerry that they're going to pull their sponsorships of the Cowboys Hardy will be cut today.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other speculation they had on The Ticket, one of the radio stations here, is that if Dallas loses Sunday they cut Hardy. In other words, the cynical take goes, Dallas is probably thinking of cutting him now but they just want to make sure they're not in the playoff hunt first. Then they'll come out with some lame statement saying that after a lot of thought they decided they could not stomach Hardy etc.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legally this Domestic violence case never happened
Hardy was convicted then appealed and the conviction overturned then it was expunged. In the eyes of the Justice system this never happened.
The Carolina DA alleged that Holder was paid a settlement to not cooperate but that has never been proven.
The NFL suspended him for 10 games appeal reduced it to 4 through arbitration and the suspension served.
All in all Hardy has served the punishment that has been handed down to him legally and from the NFL.

So exactly what has Hardy done ? He has been accused of beating his girlfriend , Pictures have been obtained by his employer and a punishment has been given per the terms of his employment in the NFL. Hardy has went through the Legal process in the State that the alleged crime was committed and has been found Legally innocent of anything.

Now Deadspin has obtained the pictures from who knows where and published them online. Thus touching off a firestorm about an issue that has already been adjudicated Legally and through the NFL's suspension process.

What happened that night is not known totally to anybody but Holder and Hardy. The pictures are terrible but they don't tell the whole story.

I did not want Greg Hardy on the Cowboys
I don't want them to give him an extension
I think Jerry is an Idiot for signing him IMO
I think Hardy has some serious Rage issues that he cant control
If Greg Hardy is the Idiot that many of you portray him to be he will eventually screw up and land himself in a legal mess he cant get out of.
Sometimes you have to wait for Karma to catch up but it always does when they least expect it!

The NFL is a business ran by billionaires and they will do whatever they want with talented troubled players until the players cant help them anymore. Sad but true. And for those that say quit watching and quit buying the products go ahead and vote with your $$$ but their are 2 more behind you that will take your place .

JMHO
well said, but the politically correct folks have the floor here and they always point fingers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics add more a human element to the story and always make it worse, but these Pics actually show less bruising than I would have assumed. Imagine the damage this man could do to a woman in about 2 seconds. Plus in his short time with Dallas his inability to control his emotions and/or temper has already been shown and at a time when he is under the microscope and a "normal" person would be trying to be on their best behavior. Man is a time bomb, but damn can he play football. So he stays and Randle who is not that good goes...

Friend of mine said Jerry leaked the photos so he could sign him for less...but, he's a Giant fan so what do you expect.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, in our society, it seems to take photographic evidence for people to take this stuff seriously. We all knew about Ray Rice for months. But when that video came out of him knocking out a woman with a punch...it had a huge impact. He would have gotten to play if that video didn't drop. But when it came out, career over.

As for football, yes it is a business but also one subject to public opinion. If Pepsi and AT&T complain to Jerry that they're going to pull their sponsorships of the Cowboys Hardy will be cut today.
shit dude....why not repeat what ne clown said on espn radio yetrday.
nothing worse than an opinion based on an opinion....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pics add more a human element to the story and always make it worse, but these Pics actually show less bruising than I would have assumed. Imagine the damage this man could do to a woman in about 2 seconds. Plus in his short time with Dallas his inability to control his emotions and/or temper has already been shown and at a time when he is under the microscope and a "normal" person would be trying to be on their best behavior. Man is a time bomb, but damn can he play football. So he stays and Randle who is not that good goes...

Friend of mine said Jerry leaked the photos so he could sign him for less...but, he's a Giant fan so what do you expect.

Not sure if you read the story, but those pics were taken MINUTES after the incident. So imagine what the bruising was the next day.

As for no one knowing what happened that night but the two people involved, well, the blonde chick in the next room who called 911 might disagree. She said she literally heard Hardy slamming this chick off walls for several minutes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, my team sold its soul for Sam Bradford and that sucks, but just because he can't play. This is different.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must piss them all off that Michael Strahan can now buy and sell all of them despite never beating up a woman, never getting caught in a hotel room with hookers and coke, never declared bankruptcy and actually had kids with a woman he was married to.

Silenced By Money? Michael Strahan Caught Filming Former Sister-In-Law Undressing

Nicole Murphy: How She 'Confirmed' Michael Strahan Was Cheating -- Report

Michael Strahan, Damon Dash Linked to Club in Stripper Scandal

HOW STRAHANS' DREAM TANKED. Fairy tale start, ugly end

J., dismissed abuse claims against Michael Strahan but admitted into evidence photos of a bruised Jean Strahan she says were taken after he beat her years ago. And the claim of physical abuse may not even measure up to that of mental torture that Jean Strahan alleges she's been put through - claims Michael Strahan adamantly denies. She charged in court papers that he cheated on her, refused to sleep with her and ignored their twin girls, who turn 5 months old next week. "Sometimes maybe things aren't always what they seem to people on the outside," said Jean Strahan's mom, Mary Muggli, 68, who still lives on the family's farm outside tiny Carson, N.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you read the story, but those pics were taken MINUTES after the incident. So imagine what the bruising was the next day.

As for no one knowing what happened that night but the two people involved, well, the blonde chick in the next room who called 911 might disagree. She said she literally heard Hardy slamming this chick off walls for several minutes.
I didn't read the story, but don't see how that matters. I'm not in any way condoning or denying Hardys actions so don't try to make it look that way. My point about the pics was simply...have you ever seen a pic of what some domestic violence looks like? I expected much, much worse if/when pics came out...this man is huge and in incredible shape and either has a anger problem, roid rage or both. The damage he could do to a woman in "several minutes" is mind boggling