• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy to the Cowboys?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is all 3 are assholes. If AP gets cut tomorrow and says he is willing to play for the veteran minimum every team makes a call...
Exactly. But when Hardy is willing to play for the vet minimum, Dallas is the only team that calls. Oh... And Tampa Bay.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always amazed me. Every team (including Dallas) has had ganmes where there are a lot of visiting fans and in some cases even seem like there are more visiting fans than Home team fans (SF and Pitt games at Dallas) even though there aren't. But if I were an Arizona player and saw 80% of the stadium filled with Dallas fans I'd be like WTF??? And if I were an Arizona fan it would leave a mark just like it apparently has done here...

You can say that was the case years ago. I've been a season ticket holder since the 90's so I think I have a pretty solid perspective on this subject. When the Cardinals were a last place team, year after year and played in shitty Sun Devil Stadium, all visiting teams took over the stadium. Recently however, you are sadly mistaken. The Cards have one of the best home field advantages in the league. They have sold out every games since 2006.

Go ahead and keep living in the past. Grab your old, ratty SB champs shirt and remeness about how the Cowboys used to fill Sun Devil stadium.

BTW- what does this have to do with the Cowboys signing a complete a-hole like Greg Hardy? Deflect much?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But when Hardy is willing to play for the vet minimum, Dallas is the only team that calls. Oh... And Tampa Bay.

Veteran minimum? Where have you been? If you are going to say that if Hardy went to AZ and said he'd play for the veteran minimum (not the $13M he could make with his actual contract that everyone but you seems to be aware of) and AZ wouldn't take him you are naive' or lying...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that was the case years ago. I've been a season ticket holder since the 90's so I think I have a pretty solid perspective on this subject. When the Cardinals were a last place team, year after year and played in shitty Sun Devil Stadium, all visiting teams took over the stadium. Recently however, you are sadly mistaken. The Cards have one of the best home field advantages in the league. They have sold out every games since 2006.

Go ahead and keep living in the past. Grab your old, ratty SB champs shirt and remeness about how the Cowboys used to fill Sun Devil stadium.

BTW- what does this have to do with the Cowboys signing a complete a-hole like Greg Hardy? Deflect much?

Nothing to do with Hardy. Just trying to find the root of your hatred. There are many fans that will find a way to criticize anything Dallas does. We are used to it. It comes with the territory. I was just thinking out loud about a possible cause for your obsession...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran minimum? Where have you been? If you are going to say that if Hardy went to AZ and said he'd play for the veteran minimum (not the $13M he could make with his actual contract that everyone but you seems to be aware of) and AZ wouldn't take him you are naive' or lying...
It was a hypothetical comparison. Not literal. If AZ picked him up it wouldn't change my opinion of who he is as a person. He would just be easier to tolerate if he contributed on defense.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with Hardy. Just trying to find the root of your hatred. There are many fans that will find a way to criticize anything Dallas does. We are used to it. It comes with the territory. I was just thinking out loud about a possible cause for your obsession...

:pound:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

Greg Hardy signed a one year contract with the Dallas Cowboys on March 18, 2015. The contract carries a base value of 11,311,600. Hardy can earn up to $9.25 million in 53 man active roster bonuses. Because Hardy only had two games in 2014 on the 53 man roster the cap count is just 2/16 of that number. The bonus will increase weekly against the cap for each week he is on the active roster. Another $1.8044 million is available in incentives. If earned it would make the total contract value equivalent to the franchise tag figure Hardy played on in 2014.

Reading this on overthecap. Sounds like Hardy cap hit will be added as the year goes along, if he's playing that is. I thought that pushing his cap hit to next year sounded wrong.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Greg Hardy gets a second chance but not Ray Rice? Why is that? Because the NFL is run purely on money and results. Ray Ray (besides the fact that awful video is indeed on the internet forever which the other idiots don't have working against them) was washed up and 3 steps slower BEFORE this happened.

If he still had AP ability or speed, he'd be signed by someone and their PR team working overtime by now. Just like the Cowboys and Greg Hardy, the Bears + Ray McDonald, and so on. Why would you give your team the headache of signing Ray-Ray to get 3 yards and a cloud of dust? answer - you would not. His career is over because from the NFL perspective he is a used-up resource.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't play for Arizona. :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL reaches deal with D.A. to see photos from first Greg Hardy trial | ProFootballTalk

Most likely a good thing the public doesn't get to see these photos. The uproar would most likely be very loud.

It's hard to forget and pretend something didn't happen after you see the pictures or even more so the video of it happening. Seeing the pics after doesn't necessarily tell you who the aggressor was or how it happened or things like that, but if they show injuries they can't be good for Hardy. Put me down as one Cowboy fan that would be fine with a 6 game suspension (seems to be the most likely outcome) if the facts warrant it. We either have rules or we don't.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to forget and pretend something didn't happen after you see the pictures or even more so the video of it happening. Seeing the pics after doesn't necessarily tell you who the aggressor was or how it happened or things like that, but if they show injuries they can't be good for Hardy. Put me down as one Cowboy fan that would be fine with a 6 game suspension (seems to be the most likely outcome) if the facts warrant it. We either have rules or we don't.

I'm afraid I disagree with you here. If the photos show her beat up by an NFL pro football player, we do know who the aggressor was. He would not have to beat her up to defend himself - even if she started it!
6'4" 275 pound defensive end?????

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid I disagree with you here. If the photos show her beat up by an NFL pro football player, we do know who the aggressor was. He would not have to beat her up to defend himself - even if she started it!
6'4" 275 pound defensive end?????

You failed to follow what I was trying to say. Reread it. Pics in and of themselves tell you nothing. They don't tell you the difference between a guy punching a woman in the face or a woman coming at a guy with a knife and he pushes her to the side to not get stabbed and she falls and hits her face on a tile floor. Also, was speaking in general on these cases, not just the Hardy case.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to follow what I was trying to say. Reread it. Pics in and of themselves tell you nothing. They don't tell you the difference between a guy punching a woman in the face or a woman coming at a guy with a knife and he pushes her to the side to not get stabbed and she falls and hits her face on a tile floor. Also, was speaking in general on these cases, not just the Hardy case.

I get your generalizations. I'm looking strictly at a guy that is 6"4" 275 pounds. If she has a knock on the head from pushing her away? ok. If you is beat up and thrown on to a pile of guns? That picture would not say self defense to me - period. We are not going to see the pictures so the best we can do at this point is understand each others points.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy is saying all the right things in Dallas. Will he stick to it?

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grab your old, ratty SB champs shirt and remeness about how the Cowboys used to fill Sun Devil stadium.

remeness about how the Cowboys used to fill Sun Devil stadium.

retard.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy is saying all the right things in Dallas. Will he stick to it?

Well there was an inappropriate tweet, but who knows. The key for Dallas is he costs them basically nothing if they want to cut him loose at any point.