• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy to the Cowboys?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great move.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah someone is going to get a steal this offseason with Hardy.

If you took away the domestic assault issue, he would have been looking at a payday where he would have been earning $11-$14 million a year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media will look upon this move negatively but from a pure football standpoint this is a huge signing if they get it done. I would only put a handful of pass rushers above this guy in ability.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will he be able to play? Isnt he on a 'dont let him play' list?

of course, Cowboys need help on Defense, even if he misses four/six games.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will he be able to play? Isnt he on a 'dont let him play' list?

of course, Cowboys need help on Defense, even if he misses four/six games.
He was on the list last season, but hasn't faced his actual league punishment yet. I'm sure he will miss at least the first 6 games. Not sure that matters a whole lot as you need the rotational depth down the stretch of the season and having a fresh Hardy coming in around mid season all but assures you that fatigue won't be a factor late in the year.

Hardy is being linked to a few teams. Fans are going to go crazy on him no matter where he goes because of his off the field stuff. Not sure I'd want that for my team. However it will all die down as it normally does with these NFL thugs.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he is making some owners think long and hard, or at least making up a 'pros vs cons' sheet...

Talented football player, yes. Scary dude off field, yes.

For those CFB recruiting fans, interested me to see he was a three star recruit out of high school.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media will look upon this move negatively but from a pure football standpoint this is a huge signing if they get it done. I would only put a handful of pass rushers above this guy in ability.

how ironic that Dallas hosted the annual Conference on Crimes Against Women today.:L

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy will be a steal if he gets to suit up. The Cowboys definitely need the help as far as pass rushers go.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter
Just now ·
If Dallas were to sign Greg Hardy, it would greatly diminish its financial flexibility to acquire Adrian Peterson. Too close to cap as is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need AP. They can draft a good, young, cheap RB. That's stupid!!

Have to agree with this. This draft is loaded with RB talent. Hardy with a low contract (he is not going to make a ton with all the baggage that comes with him) plus then drafting one of the top RB's is worth way more than AP and then hoping maybe a pass rusher falls to you in the draft.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this. This draft is loaded with RB talent. Hardy with a low contract (he is not going to make a ton with all the baggage that comes with him) plus then drafting one of the top RB's is worth way more than AP and then hoping maybe a pass rusher falls to you in the draft.

Exactly! From their cap position AP makes no sense for Dallas. Hopefully Stephen Jones is stuffing a sock down Jerry's throat.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on the list last season, but hasn't faced his actual league punishment yet. I'm sure he will miss at least the first 6 games. Not sure that matters a whole lot as you need the rotational depth down the stretch of the season and having a fresh Hardy coming in around mid season all but assures you that fatigue won't be a factor late in the year.

Hardy is being linked to a few teams. Fans are going to go crazy on him no matter where he goes because of his off the field stuff. Not sure I'd want that for my team. However it will all die down as it normally does with these NFL thugs.

Sounds like it might be happening to your team too.

I personally don't want him on my team. We already have Brent, who I wish wasn't here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! From their cap position AP makes no sense for Dallas. Hopefully Stephen Jones is stuffing a sock down Jerry's throat.
Stephen stopped him from drafting Johnny Football, he can stop him from trading for AP. Peterson was/is great, but for how much longer and at what cost? Trading #1 picks for expensive vets has worked real well for Dallas in the past....Joey Galloway for two #1's(one of which became Shaun Alexander)....a #1 and #3 for Roy Williams.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen stopped him from drafting Johnny Football, he can stop him from trading for AP. Peterson was/is great, but for how much longer and at what cost? Trading #1 picks for expensive vets has worked real well for Dallas in the past....Joey Galloway for two #1's(one of which became Shaun Alexander)....a #1 and #3 for Roy Williams.....

So Greg Hardy for free or AP at the cost of high draft picks plus having to take on his huge contract...Hmmm I like to think Jerry can't even mess up this math.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Greg Hardy for free or AP at the cost of high draft picks plus having to take on his huge contract...Hmmm I like to think Jerry can't even mess up this math.

One could only hope. There certainly are some Cowboy fans that are messing it up as we speak...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it might be happening to your team too.

I personally don't want him on my team. We already have Brent, who I wish wasn't here.
Yeah, we heard about our team being linked to him as well. Heard that yesterday and now today someone from the star telegram says Bennett is looking to be traded to Atlanta and this is why Seattle is looking at Hardy. Seems kind of fishy to me.

Either way, even if Bennett wants out of Seattle, Hardy can't be your sole answer to replace him. He's still going to miss quite a few games in suspension most likely. He can't be viewed as anything more than a late season insurance policy. Nothing more.