• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great game, just don’t understand

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is without question the leader of this team. He takes blame for everything. He says they need to execute better. He doesn't make excuses. Meanwhile his head coach is throwing others under the bus.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch anything after or today. I'll have to read up on that. And damn that Tavon fair catch...ughh...a free 15-20 yards we gave up. I forgot about that.
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan said Tavon Austin was not told he had to fair catch this punt. “If there’s an opportunity to make a play we certainly encourage him to do that...In hindsight...there might have been an opportunity not to (fair catch) and kinda hit it north and south.”

Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”

The way Jason Garrett is absolving himself of blame just doesn't sit right with me. Meanwhile our QB isn't blaming anyone. He's taking full responsibility. Something the head coach should be doing. Jason Garrett is not a head coach.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch anything after or today. I'll have to read up on that. And damn that Tavon fair catch...ughh...a free 15-20 yards we gave up. I forgot about that.

I figured that had to be a call from the sidelines. The last thing you want the punt to do is hit the ground. He accomplished that. I think it was a play that just got magnified because it looked like a ton of room out there to run. If he runs it you are likely looking at 5-6 seconds more off the clock. I understood it, but then you have to start thinking percent chances - a PR or Hail Mary. Then I assume we went for the block there, maybe not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to blame Garrett any longer. The blame is all on the only man who can fire JG..... Jerry Jones.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore had as bad a night as the run defense last night. How in the world can you keep running over and over on 1st down when it isn't working and when Dak is having his way with them. We passed all over them when they knew the pass was coming. imagine if we threw on 1st down? It's not like this is the first time we've seen this movie. I still think Garrett is too into designing a game plan during the week and too slow to switch from it when it isn't working.

And no pass for Garrett either but I disagree with what people are saying about running out the clock. I think We ran because we erroneously thought that was the best way to score. We always run when the pressure builds because the coaches have no balls. I blame Moore for the play calling. I blame Garret for not going over to him after about the 4th drive and telling him to stop running so many 1st downs. I blame Garrett for kicking a FG on the first drive. We all know Maher has the leg to reach, but it's still 57 yards and he sucks. What is that 20-25% at best? Now you give them the ball at midfield and they set the tome for the rest of the game. I would have been fine if we punted or went for it. I thought the FG was a bad choice. I also would have gone for it when we kicked that last FG early in the 4th. It's not like the FG put us within 3 points and you still need a TD there. We converted all night. Why kick the FG?
Exactly, I bet most fans yelled at the tv to punt. Stupid as hell. Everyone, except Garrett, knew he would miss it. Why give a team great starting position on their first possession?? That was a 7 point swing off the bat.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that had to be a call from the sidelines. The last thing you want the punt to do is hit the ground. He accomplished that. I think it was a play that just got magnified because it looked like a ton of room out there to run. If he runs it you are likely looking at 5-6 seconds more off the clock. I understood it, but then you have to start thinking percent chances - a PR or Hail Mary. Then I assume we went for the block there, maybe not.
Better from a clock perspective to run back a punt if room than run a play because it's quicker than snap, read, throw and the clock automatically stops for change of possession. I get it if no room to run and just running around but if you just run straight ahead you get more yards per second than running a play. Not likely we score anyway of course with no TO's so it's not a huge problem, he just needs to be a little more aware

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys attempted a field goal from the Minnesota 39-yard line. Jason Garrett said they didn't two possessions later (from the Minnesota 40-yard line) because Brett Maher's range is typically inside the 40. One more yard was too far in their opinion. Wow.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the playcalling on the second to last drive was stupid. It is obvious that the Vikings defensive game plan was to stop Zeke. And for that reason Cooper and Gallup were wide open all game long. The Cowboys should have won the game and they got out coached for most of the game. The play of Witten this season has not been stellar. Witten has dropped several passes and did so again yesterday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we have to get some shit fixed. Eagles have the schedule advantage but I still think we are the better team and hopefully it will show. For some reason it seems like we only play great football against them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan said Tavon Austin was not told he had to fair catch this punt. “If there’s an opportunity to make a play we certainly encourage him to do that...In hindsight...there might have been an opportunity not to (fair catch) and kinda hit it north and south.”

Jason Garrett on @1053thefan on the two run plays late: “Kellen’s calling the game. In that situation it’s 2nd and 2. He felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations. On each of those plays we had options beyond just the run.”

The way Jason Garrett is absolving himself of blame just doesn't sit right with me. Meanwhile our QB isn't blaming anyone. He's taking full responsibility. Something the head coach should be doing. Jason Garrett is not a head coach.
He definitely threw Kellen Moore under the bus. Won't help him, unless this team makea the NFCCG he's gone

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely threw Kellen Moore under the bus. Won't help him, unless this team makea the NFCCG he's gone
well then he is gonna be gone. if we make the playoffs. I am certain we dont make the Championship game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Moore has the stones to go against what the head coach.
He didn't look too happy after that series.

Love Dak...not sure he has the stones at this time to call his own number when he doesn't like the play.

as I heard on the radio yesterday...this team is consistent and being inconsistent

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time out?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt we have to get some shit fixed. Eagles have the schedule advantage but I still think we are the better team and hopefully it will show. For some reason it seems like we only play great football against them.
I just don't know. The coaching and this defense, has me worried.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then he is gonna be gone. if we make the playoffs. I am certain we dont make the Championship game.
This team cant get out of their own way most of the time. Saints,jets and viking games totally gave away.