• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade your team draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of Pats fans love to say shit like in BB we trust blahhh blahh blahh. I feel taking a kicker in the 5th when we could have landed a potentially decent QB was a shitty pick. I don't like the fact we did not land a WR and I am unsure about the two TEs selected. I like how the defense was addressed/

At best C+

Yeah I feel like the Pats had one of the worst drafts. They didn't gain any playmakers on offense and this is an offense that we saw struggle with Brady more and more throughout the season, one of the slowest offenses and now you replace Brady with Hoyer or Stidham. Don't get me wrong their defense is going to be great again and they got more depth in the draft as well. This could be the best defense or close to it again but maybe the worst offense as well. This isn't like it used to be where you could just screw up draft picks or plug and play guys and Brady/BB will make it work. They haven't drafted an offensive player that made a PB since Gronk (10 years ago).

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humbling stat....4 HOFers
image.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel like the Pats had one of the worst drafts. They didn't gain any playmakers on offense and this is an offense that we saw struggle with Brady more and more throughout the season, one of the slowest offenses and now you replace Brady with Hoyer or Stidham. Don't get me wrong their defense is going to be great again and they got more depth in the draft as well. This could be the best defense or close to it again but maybe the worst offense as well. This isn't like it used to be where you could just screw up draft picks or plug and play guys and Brady/BB will make it work. They haven't drafted an offensive player that made a PB since Gronk (10 years ago).

The thing is no one knows for certain what NE has?
Was the lack of receivers making a splash last year a Brady problem? He said he stopped throwing to them.

We already know what Edelman brings.
Sanu was playing hurt last year. If he returns to play up to his potential and you start to use N'Keal and Meyers this is a strong 1-4.
NE did add two TEs from a weak TE class. BB Took Asiasi and Keene over Trautman who had been touted by many as the #2 best TE in this draft. Apparently BB saw something.

Other receivers on the roster.
Quincy Adeboyego who's a big target at 6'-3"
Gunner Olszewski returner and speed guy who returns after an injury. A lot of us liked what we saw from him. Judgement on fielding kicks needed some work.
Damiere Byrd who NE picked up in the off season. A speed guy who was undrafted.
Plus the UDFA players that were signed after this draft.
We've seen what BB has done with late round and UDFA players in the past. Let's see what they can do.

Also Stidham brings mobility to this offense. His legs alone will garner a handful of first downs and big yards that Brady couldn't achieve.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on Fromm. If he shows anything in preseason and some limited action, he could be moved to a QB hungry team in a couple of years for a 3rd round pick. If he gets some significant game action, and performs adequately, he could demand a 2nd.

In the meantime, he's probably a better back-up than Barkley.

Barkley has been decent, which is all you really expect from a backup. I imagine Davis Webb is an early cap casualty, even if he did just get here. Whether or not Fromm overtakes Barkley for this fall probably depends on how much camp we get.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is no one knows for certain what NE has?
Was the lack of receivers making a splash last year a Brady problem? He said he stopped throwing to them.

We already know what Edelman brings.
Sanu was playing hurt last year. If he returns to play up to his potential and you start to use N'Keal and Meyers this is a strong 1-4.
NE did add two TEs from a weak TE class. BB Took Asiasi and Keene over Trautman who had been touted by many as the #2 best TE in this draft. Apparently BB saw something.

Other receivers on the roster.
Quincy Adeboyego who's a big target at 6'-3"
Gunner Olszewski returner and speed guy who returns after an injury. A lot of us liked what we saw from him. Judgement on fielding kicks needed some work.
Damiere Byrd who NE picked up in the off season. A speed guy who was undrafted.
Plus the UDFA players that were signed after this draft.
We've seen what BB has done with late round and UDFA players in the past. Let's see what they can do.

Also Stidham brings mobility to this offense. His legs alone will garner a handful of first downs and big yards that Brady couldn't achieve.

I'm not sure if Bill just likes taking small school guys to try to look smart or if these guys will really amount to much. Really, everything is up in the air (even Edelman to some degree) to see if the team was held up by Brady or Bill.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts as your potential starting QB...as in QB1...he's not that guy. On the flip...most QBs get taken too early so in that sense I don't see a huge problem with the pick, but I thought he would go in the 3rd,

I don't see Hurts as all that different from Dak as a prospect, other than his run/throw mix tips more to the run after last year. I didn't expect Dak to be as successful as he has been to this point either, but thought he had a chance.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be in the argument for one of he best drafts, A

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hurts as all that different from Dak as a prospect, other than his run/throw mix tips more to the run after last year. I didn't expect Dak to be as successful as he has been to this point either, but thought he had a chance.

I like the Dak comparison...Dak was not Jackson like as a runner and neither is Hurts...but both are certainly mobile enough to make plays with their feet.

Dak has taken his passing game to another level largely because he took over the starting job from Romo...in other words...he got the opportunity to sort of grow into the job as a passer.

If Hurts gets that same chance...who knows.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any draft that had no firsts has ever been in argument for the best drafts. But hopefully you're the first.

Not saying it's the best, but best draft without a first rounder? 1986 49ers are easily up there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and San Francisco had a great draft.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts
B+
13th pick in the draft for All Pro Buckner. Great trade.
WR - Pittman - Great pick
RB - Taylor - Good pick
QB Eason in the 4th - Good pick
Rest of draft remains to be seen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take these grades to seriously. These grades are somewhat similar to a college student predicting a grade on a college test that was taken. Grades are based on what writer thinks of these players and how they fit team but who knows whether these players pan out. I went back and looked at the 49er draft grades for 2017 and there were a number of writers that gave them A or A - grades and one call Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster future stars, including one writer drawing a comparison with Thomas to Michael Bennett. The grades that really matter are the redrafts

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take these grades to seriously. These grades are somewhat similar to a college student predicting a grade on a college test that was taken. Grades are based on what writer thinks of these players and how they fit team but who knows whether these players pan out. I went back and looked at the 49er draft grades for 2017 and there were a number of writers that gave them A or A - grades and one call Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster future stars, including one writer drawing a comparison with Thomas to Michael Bennett. The grades that really matter are the redrafts
but when you hear a GM say that Tony Mandarich is gonna be a bust or not as good as everyone else thinks.
Then in hindsight he is proven right. Gives that guys early grades Validity. Without the early grades you have nothing to compare the persons ability to judge. Everyone is correct on grades years later.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these draft winners every year, are usually draft winners because they don't really develop players and just keep picking at the top of the draft.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last decade teams picking in the top 10

1. Jaguars 9 times

2. Browns 6 times

3. 49ers, Cards, Bills, Jets, Giants, Titans 5 times

9. Lions, Rams, Bears, Panthers, Buccaneers 4 times

13. Raiders, Bengals, Cowboys, Falcons, Chargers, Dolphins, Redskins 3 times

20. Broncos, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Eagles 2 times

25. Texans, Ravens, Steelers 1 time

28. Packers, Patriots, Saints, Seahawks 0

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C Not much more to add that what was said but it was nothing special and a lot of projects.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B+ is generous considering they had two of the worst value picks in the draft. Filled needs just reached.

Brooks was rated 84 and taken at 27.
Taylor was rated 185 and taken at 48.

So let me get this right. Draft Gurus make predictions on where players land in the draft ( and many are way different) but when the draft happens and they end up being way off base it's because the NFL GMs don't have a clue? Sound ass backwards to me.