• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft: Day 2 Grades

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you like or dislike from teams in day 2? Give us your grades. Who are the winners and who had a failing grade in your opinion?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders, Steelers and Chargers all got steals.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals D-Line was in trouble. Glad they addressed it immediately. They always draft well on the D-Line. I already trust these players.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the Chargers WILL find a way to fuck things up. Always have, always will... :lol:

I mean we shall see... but them taking the best OT in the draft (in a draft with a LOT of talent at OL) and pairing that with an already good QB is pretty solid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Eagles
Good: they got a guy who was a serious consideration at 22 that falls to 40. That makes two players they’ve added to a secondary that was on the struggle bus last season. They were also able to stock pile 3 fourth round picks and 3 fifth round picks putting them in a good position today to move up and grab their targeted guys in rounds 4 and 5.
Bad: They likely over paid for the move up from 50 to 40 to grab Cooper DeJawn. Howie’s timing was great though. Eagles picks started a run of CBs being drafted. The edge rusher they drafted last night was an over draft. It wasn’t as bad as the Cowboys taking Liafau that early but it was a real reach. I think the player has some potential but he’s very raw and likely needs a year or even 2. That’s crazy talk for a 3rd round pass rusher.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you like or dislike from teams in day 2? Give us your grades. Who are the winners and who had a failing grade in your opinion?
49ers are winners. Got the top press Corner in the business and a Tackle who didn’t give up a sack all year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Eagles
Good: they got a guy who was a serious consideration at 22 that falls to 40. That makes two players they’ve added to a secondary that was on the struggle bus last season. They were also able to stock pile 3 fourth round picks and 3 fifth round picks putting them in a good position today to move up and grab their targeted guys in rounds 4 and 5.
Bad: They likely over paid for the move up from 50 to 40 to grab Cooper DeJawn. Howie’s timing was great though. Eagles picks started a run of CBs being drafted. The edge rusher they drafted last night was an over draft. It wasn’t as bad as the Cowboys taking Liafau that early but it was a real reach. I think the player has some potential but he’s very raw and likely needs a year or even 2. That’s crazy talk for a 3rd round pass rusher.
Eagles would be an A+ if we weren't talking about how much they paid to trade up. I think I'll have to wait and see the entire draft class for everyone before judging too much.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jalyx Hunt pick was a bit of a head scratcher in the late third for Philly for sure.

He’s apparently a project edge rusher. Onetime safety turned defensive end. Raw tools but he played at Cornell and a school called Houston Christian that I never even heard of (and I lived more than a decade in Houston). So probably years away if he ever contributes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jalyx Hunt pick was a bit of a head scratcher in the late third for Philly for sure.

He’s apparently a project edge rusher. Onetime safety turned defensive end. Raw tools but he played at Cornell and a school called Houston Christian that I never even heard of (and I lived more than a decade in Houston). So probably years away if he ever contributes.
I like taking a flyer on a guy like that. It’s high risk but high reward. I just don’t see eye to eye with that kind of a move that early in the draft. That’s the kind of stuff you do in round 5 or 6. It’s why Jordan Mailota is an Eagle so I really like that kind of draft philosophy. Just happened too early.

Long and short of it is though - if he’s a great player that contributes soon we won’t care where he’s drafted. And if he never does anything we will be critical.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have now used their first 4 picks to upgrade the secondary. I would absolutely love it if for the first time in my life Lions secondary was not a liability.

I think their secondary will be much improved this year. I am excited for it

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial thoughts.

Day 2 made me blue. :(

But I do love the Beebe pick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie's done this before when his coaches like someone. He trades down a couple times and then drafts the guy because he has a great feel for the board.

I was one of the first on Jalyx. Toolsy type of guy the Eagles have missed on before in the 3rd like Davion Taylor. But he'll be playing down hill more. I like adding the speed and we'll see about the rest. Needed to add a young pass rusher, but need to see Smith and Sweat's contributions in this defense before making a big commitment. Late 3rd is perfect.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have now used their first 4 picks to upgrade the secondary. I would absolutely love it if for the first time in my life Lions secondary was not a liability.

I think their secondary will be much improved this year. I am excited for it
Watching your team from afar, to me it seemed like the weak link in the chain. Makes sense that this would be their focus.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like taking a flyer on a guy like that. It’s high risk but high reward. I just don’t see eye to eye with that kind of a move that early in the draft. That’s the kind of stuff you do in round 5 or 6. It’s why Jordan Mailota is an Eagle so I really like that kind of draft philosophy. Just happened too early.

Long and short of it is though - if he’s a great player that contributes soon we won’t care where he’s drafted. And if he never does anything we will be critical.
I have a 4th on Jalyx. A bit early but it's the right team fit

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears draft definitely seems like the one that will change the NFL the most unless Caleb implodes.

Looking at the AFC W and seeing the Chargers get Alt, McConkey, Colson, Hart, Vidal, Rice and a couple of other guys. Its not a super physical group or anything but when you see a team that already has a franchise QB in place get a high pick and are able to get Alt and McConkey back to back I think thats a draft that can immediately kickstart a team.

Cardinals are also in the same boat and coming out of the draft with Harrison Jr is the big prize but it felt like they reached on a lot of guys with athletic upside vs the Chargers who just took the most proven players.

Bengals also took some swings on high upside guys although I dont think they reached. They probably only need two of their players to hit to be happy with that draft because the potential on a lot of those players is through the roof. Burton is maybe the biggest locker room test in the draft. Probably a 50% shot Mims ends up as one of the best 8 players in the draft imo.

I'm looking at the Giants draft and I figure Nabers has about an 70% chance of being good and Theo Johnson about 30% of being good. But if they both hit that team becomes interesting all of a sudden.

Of the other major contenders, I dont really love what the Niners did initially but they are rockstars in the draft so they'll be interesting to watch. Bills draft is even more puzzling to me.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles get the A+ for breaking the color barrier on Cornerbacks. They brought in the first white Corner of the 21st century and will get a comp pick next season for a diversity and inclusion hiring.