• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 1 grades 2024 draft

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy and Haynes are quality and value picks, great so far.

As you know, Or i think you do, I'm a Pro Wrestling fan.

There is a term been kicking around a bit: Meat.

Big, Thick, Brickhouse guys..........................

That is what i think this draft is all about for us...............

Meat Cooking GIF by Beef. It's What's For Dinner.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know, Or i think you do, I'm a Pro Wrestling fan.

There is a term been kicking around a bit: Meat.

Big, Thick, Brickhouse guys..........................

That is what i think this draft is all about for us...............

Meat Cooking GIF by Beef. It's What's For Dinner.'s What's For Dinner.

Now let's just snag Van Pran with our 4th and call it a day :nod:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts, Seahawks, Raiders, and Bengals won the 1st round of the draft.

I can't rate Harrison that high because it was fairly obvious he was going #4.

Not a fan of project / low tape OL in the 1st round and it hasn't worked out for the Bengals. Luckily this Mims is a monster of a human being. I'm still skeptical, but if he was smaller, I might be pissed.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jeremiah's #1 rated player: Caleb Williams
Daniel Jeremiah's #3 rated player: Rome Odunze

The Bears fucking killed it last night.

Bears were in good spot to improve their team and I think they did that with their first 2 picks.

Caleb was no brainer at #1 based on all the draft gurus. I do not get to watch a lot of college ball... but saw Odunze in 2 bowl games, he looks like a beast.

If Williams and JJ are both answers at QB and Love continues to grow at QB, NFCN could be very interesting division for next decade.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of project / low tape OL in the 1st round and it hasn't worked out for the Bengals. Luckily this Mims is a monster of a human being. I'm still skeptical, but if he was smaller, I might be pissed.

Fair enough. But if he can get some good coaching the guy could be a monster. I guess I love the potential there, and it does something to keep Burrow upright. Sometimes with 1st round picks you gotta go boom or bust. I thought it was just that. That said, taking that in the 20s... go for it... you don't take a boom or bust pick in the top 5 lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears were in good spot to improve their team and I think they did that with their first 2 picks.

Caleb was no brainer at #1 based on all the draft gurus. I do not get to watch a lot of college ball... but saw Odunze in 2 bowl games, he looks like a beast.

If Williams and JJ are both answers at QB and Love continues to grow at QB, NFCN could be very interesting division for next decade.

The Bears will do everything in their power to destroy Williams :D

Joking (but kind of not) aside, Odunze was a great pick for them, although a lot of mocks had Odunze going to Chicago, so I can't call it a 'steal'. That said, with Odunze you just chuck the ball his direction. I think he's the most friendly WR at least as a rookie in this draft for a QB under pressure and still trying to figure things out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell... the past does not always predict the future. When Packers drafted Rodgers the knock was QBs from California did not pan out in the NFL.

That was the Packers.. where QBs go to thrive... we're talking about the Bears, where QBs go to flame out.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Packers.. where QBs go to thrive... we're talking about the Bears, where QBs go to flame out.

Ron Wolf and culture he changed in Packers front office (with Bob Harlan) really helped with that in early 90s.

Wolf placed high importance on QB position and his "students" (Ted Thompson and Gutey) have somewhat followed that.

Since early 90s Packers traded for Favre, drafted Brunell Rd 5 (traded to Jags), drafted Hassleback Rd 6 (traded to Seahawks), drafted Aaron Brooks Rd 4 (traded to Saints), drafted Rodgers and most recently Love. Even drafted Flynn who they flipped for pick.. but will not say team in case you want to forget that :D

Rumor is Packers are going to draft a QB3 this draft... have backup in Clifford who they drafted last year Rd 5 and really like as QB2 already. Packers want to get back to drafting backup development QBs more often and then flipping them for picks again.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons move wont be decided on for years to come. Whether they are geniuses or laughing stock on the QB pick, but Aaron Rodgers sat for years behind Favre. Packers do this all the time in fact.

Let me tell you a sad story when it should have happened but didnt.
One year the Cowboys had a Qb as the BPA on their next pick. They were going to draft the QB, but Laundry had his starter & liked his QB room. So they passed on him.
That Qb's name was..... Joe Montana. Shortly after Staubach retired.
Could you imagine going straight from Roger Staubach to Joe Montana!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, you won’t know for years whether or not your team picked the right players but in terms of knowing the draft and working the draft, I’m very pleased with the Eagles. They could be wrong on the evaluation but they were able to get the best CB on their board at number 22. I really thought they would have had to trade up to like 12 or 16 to get that done but they didn’t have to. That patience allowed them to trade up on Day 2 and get the DB that was number 2 on their big board in the secondary.

Now you just hope they got the evaluations right.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, you won’t know for years whether or not your team picked the right players but in terms of knowing the draft and working the draft, I’m very pleased with the Eagles. They could be wrong on the evaluation but they were able to get the best CB on their board at number 22. I really thought they would have had to trade up to like 12 or 16 to get that done but they didn’t have to. That patience allowed them to trade up on Day 2 and get the DB that was number 2 on their big board in the secondary.

Now you just hope they got the evaluations right.
Honestly I think the Eagles have done very well in their last couple drafts. :censored:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think the Eagles have done very well in their last couple drafts. :censored:
Time will tell. But I have to agree with you after Howie being the opposite for years.