• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade your team draft.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but when you hear a GM say that Tony Mandarich is gonna be a bust or not as good as everyone else thinks.
Then in hindsight he is proven right. Gives that guys early grades Validity. Without the early grades you have nothing to compare the persons ability to judge. Everyone is correct on grades years later.

From..............................................To

(1)Troy Aikman-DAL
(2)Tony Mandarich-GB
(3)Barry Sanders-DET
(4)Derrick Thomas-KC
(5)Deion Sanders-ATL
(20)Steve Atwater-DEN
Not in the Hall-of-Fame

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From..............................................To

(1)Troy Aikman-DAL
(2)Tony Mandarich-GB
(3)Barry Sanders-DET
(4)Derrick Thomas-KC
(5)Deion Sanders-ATL
(20)Steve Atwater-DEN
Not in the Hall-of-Fame
Damn what a helluva draft 89' was (well not for GB)

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn what a helluva draft 89' was (well not for GB)
Mandarich was a bad motherfucker in college. He was nasty as hell. We learned later he was on the roids, alcohol, and painkillers, but at the time...HOLY SHIT. I wish I could find more footage of him at Michigan St, but I haven't been able to find any. I remember the 1988 Gator Bowl. Stupposedly, Georgia DT Wycliffe Lovelace told the press that Tony was overrated. True or not Lovelace paid the price. Big Tony tore him a new asshole. Lovelace was never seen again. LOL Once Mandarich reached the NFL he was very unprepared. He held out, ran his mouth, and got run over by Reggie White (and players you never heard of). However, he owned it, came back, and finished his career much better than how he started.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams B-.

Some highly rated PFF picks for the positions we picked at but there's a big divide between the team's perspective and that of the fans. Fans generally thought C, edge, and ILB were the biggest needs with other positions needing depth. The team thinks it's fine with our overall depth at those positions and picked 'contributors' and future 2021 cap replacements. 1 injury-risk edge, nothing at C or ILB, & nothing to replace a 39-year-old LT. RB at #52 was possibly a luxury. 2 Ss and a TE might be BPA picks but they could be 'smartest-man-in-the-room' picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams B-.

Some highly rated PFF picks for the positions we picked at but there's a big divide between the team's perspective and that of the fans. Fans generally thought C, edge, and ILB were the biggest needs with other positions needing depth. The team thinks it's fine with our overall depth at those positions and picked 'contributors' and future 2021 cap replacements. 1 injury-risk edge, nothing at C or ILB, & nothing to replace a 39-year-old LT. RB at #52 was possibly a luxury. 2 Ss and a TE might be BPA picks but they could be 'smartest-man-in-the-room' picks.

There are in-house options for LT that have been accumulated over the past few seasons. I think Noteboom is that guy until they spend an early draft pick in the future, unless they have faith in Evans or Edwards being able to take over (they did show well on the right side last year as injury replacements).

There are options at C in house, with Allen likely starting and Blythe and Corbett possibly moving from G if needed.

Lewis was the best available edge prospect even if they had taken him with their 2nd rounder IMO. They do have Okoronkwo hopefully working his way into the rotation with Ebukam and now Lewis.

They did draft an ILB in the 7th (Clay Johnston out of Baylor), but those rounds are typically special teamers for at least the first season or two (although the starting ILB they're looking to replace was originally a UDFA). I would expect Kiser and Floyd to be the starting ILBs though.

Are all of these ideal? No, but neither is filling starting positions with day 3 draft picks, and the Rams didn't do themselves any favors with their roster decisions re: cap casualties.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but when you hear a GM say that Tony Mandarich is gonna be a bust or not as good as everyone else thinks.
Then in hindsight he is proven right. Gives that guys early grades Validity. Without the early grades you have nothing to compare the persons ability to judge. Everyone is correct on grades years later.

Sometimes they get it right while others get it wrong. I don't mean to knock the writers. The NFL draft success rates are surprising low. It was to me anyway how many of these draft picks don't pan out. While these after the draft grades are fun reads, I just don't take them too seriously.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats did well all things considered. like the depth they got at TE in the 3rd, and love the uche kid from michigans motor. he and winovich could be a scary combo (teammates at michigan too).

B

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mandarich was a bad motherfucker in college. He was nasty as hell. We learned later he was on the roids, alcohol, and painkillers, but at the time...HOLY SHIT. I wish I could find more footage of him at Michigan St, but I haven't been able to find any. I remember the 1988 Gator Bowl. Stupposedly, Georgia DT Wycliffe Lovelace told the press that Tony was overrated. True or not Lovelace paid the price. Big Tony tore him a new asshole. Lovelace was never seen again. LOL Once Mandarich reached the NFL he was very unprepared. He held out, ran his mouth, and got run over by Reggie White (and players you never heard of). However, he owned it, came back, and finished his career much better than how he started.

Steroids can be an amazing help to an offensive tackle.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders F-