• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade your team draft.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of Pats fans love to say shit like in BB we trust blahhh blahh blahh. I feel taking a kicker in the 5th when we could have landed a potentially decent QB was a shitty pick. I don't like the fact we did not land a WR and I am unsure about the two TEs selected. I like how the defense was addressed/

At best C+
I was shocked that the Pat's didn't go QB, I have to assume each time they thought about a QB someone else took the one they wanted, and they didn't want to reach for the next one. He's scratcher it was.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a lot of speed on offense, which was desperately needed after last season. Should make life easier for our TE's, which is probably the best combination in the league. Interested to see what the offense looks like with actual speed guys on the roster. Has the ability to be versatile, which will be welcoming after watching the last two months.

Overall I'd give it a B. Has upside, but could also go bust.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of Pats fans love to say shit like in BB we trust blahhh blahh blahh. I feel taking a kicker in the 5th when we could have landed a potentially decent QB was a shitty pick. I don't like the fact we did not land a WR and I am unsure about the two TEs selected. I like how the defense was addressed/

At best C+
What decent QB should they have taken that you're convinced would be better then Stidhman?
What round and who would you have not taken to take a WR that may potentially be better than those on the roster?
This was relatively a weak draft class for TEs. BB who has 40 years experience must've seen something? I personally wanted Kmet or Trautman. I'll defer to BB and his scouts for making these picks/

We agree on the D.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals - A

Happy with Burrow - the easy choice, and the right choice.

Elated with Higgins. I really thought he was a better WR than a few rated higher than him. At 6'4", he's a nice guy to have behind AJ and replacing him. Doesn't have the end speed, but Burrow loves to throw contested passes, and Higgins makes those plays.

I don't know enough about the LB's to really have a great take - but I'm intrigued by the kid from Wyoming - in today's NFL to have a guy who can tackle at the LB spot AND cover (he was a former DB in H.S.) - showed good hands on some passes (I think he had 10 INT's). I like the DE from N.D. could be a good depth piece to help the defense set the edge. I Like the kid from App St. - Always a solid program, and is very athletic. The OL they got looks to be a nice project kind of player, and the last LB from Purdue - I really like. I know he had some ACL issues - but if he can bounce back and get healthy, I think that is a hell of a pick. In the 7th round - that is a nicely calculated High reward, low risk kind of pick you like to see.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that the Pat's didn't go QB, I have to assume each time they thought about a QB someone else took the one they wanted, and they didn't want to reach for the next one. He's scratcher it was.

Like I asked Reb who should they have taken and when? What pick or trades would they have had to make or otherwise not select the player they did select?

Stidhman was a 4th round pick last year. He' would've been rated higher in this class. Give the guy a chance. BB did pretty well selecting Brady, Brissett and Jimmy G.

I had been saying all along I would hate to see NE go after a QB early in this draft. Glad they didn't. I would've been ok with a late round flier.

NE had a lot of holes to fill. They did that. QB wasn't a hole. There are still the UDFAs they went for as well as the vets that haven't found a home. If they fail this year they can relook next season with a handful of cap to sign a top FA if they want.

I gave a B- probably should've given them a B, but I'm a hard grader.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What decent QB should they have taken that you're convinced would be better then Stidhman?
What round and who would you have not taken to take a WR that may potentially be better than those on the roster?
This was relatively a weak draft class for TEs. BB who has 40 years experience must've seen something? I personally wanted Kmet or Trautman. I'll defer to BB and his scouts for making these picks/

We agree on the D.

I thought they'd take Eason or Fromm.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We agree on the D.

BB along with his dog said not drafting a QB wasn't by design. Like I said earlier. I have to assume any QB they considered were taken off the board and they didn't want to reach for one later.

Example, did GB taking Love change the Pat's pick, or the Eagles taking Hurts change the Pat's 4th round pick?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they'd take Eason or Fromm.

Granted both look like Brady as far as being pocket passers and taking care of the ball but they didn't excite me enough to miss on any of the first three defensive players NE selected or the two TEs which is where they would've had to take them at.

Obviously BB didn't see the value either?
BB along with his dog said not drafting a QB wasn't by design. Like I said earlier. I have to assume any QB they considered were taken off the board and they didn't want to reach for one later.

Example, did GB taking Love change the Pat's pick, or the Eagles taking Hurts change the Pat's 4th round pick?

Those are things we'll never know? We're saying the same things BB didn't see the value with those guys. He has Stidhman which he obviously graded higher and a better value at this point.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think the Pats were looking at Hurts, at least that was the word on the street.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do a more detailed one.

1st rounder was traded for Khalil Mack. That makes it an A alone, but onward.

2nd round (43) TE Cole Kmet, Notre Dame. B+. The Bears have a shit ton of TEs on the roster cause they were straight awful last year. Graham could have enough left in the tank but maybe not and he's clearly the best of the bunch. Demetrius Harris and Ben Braunecker are 3rd stringers, Harris as a blocker and Braunecker as a receiver. J.P. Holtz played H-back last year. Jesper Horsted might develop into a nice 3rd stringer. Lots of cannon fodder here. TE was a major need.

2nd round (50) CG Jaylon Johnson, Utah. A. 1st round type talent, played all last year through a torn labrum. The way he plays is exactly what the Bears need on the back-end to pair with a pass rush that figures to give opposing QBs very little time to pass.

5th round (155) OLB Trevis Gipson, Tulsa. B+ on the pick itself but don't like that we traded a 4th rounder next year to make a pick in the 5th this year, let alone to the Vikings. Gipson has a lot of upside as an edge rusher and he comes into a great situation being able to learn behind Mack and Quinn.

5th round (163) CB Kindle Vildor, GA Southern. C-. Solid pick for the 5th round as far as the player goes. People seem to like his toughness and his fight. I'm grading it lower because we already have 5 or 6 CBs that are worthy of a roster spot before drafting him after picking Jaylon Johnson in the 2nd. Maybe the team plans on converting a CB to safety cause we're low on those.

5th round (173) WR Darnell Mooney, Tulane. C. Traded a couple 6th for this pick and a lower 7th. He's got some speed and toughness but leave a bit to be desired with hands and route running. He also wasn't super productive in college. Hopefully his speed is worth something.

7th round (226) OL Arlington Hambright, Colorado. B. Solid prospect, good tools. Developmental prospect to stash on the practice squad for a year and see where we're at. We could use a little talent in the OL pipeline. I like the two OL 7th round picks since quality O linemen can be found all over the draft and even in UDFA.

7th round (227) OL Lachavious Simmons, Tennessee State. B. Big guy with long arms. Mauling run blocker, plays nasty, could struggle in pass pro though. Love the idea of him but he'll be another practice squad guy you hope can develop into something.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I admit I'm bearish of Hurts... elite physical talent, of course... but his processing speed and accuracy are not even ok for a college QB.

Don't have a problem with Hurts as a prospect. However, why would a team that just paid their starter big money for the next 4-5 years use a 2nd round pick on a QB? If all goes well with Wentz, you just threw away Hurts' rookie contract.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a problem with Hurts as a prospect. However, why would a team that just paid their starter big money for the next 4-5 years use a 2nd round pick on a QB? If all goes well with Wentz, you just threw away Hurts' rookie contract.
Yeah, you just went all-in on Wentz with the contract - you don't complicate the situation by then drafting a QB that high. If you want to find a backup, you go for the 5th-7th rounds, UDFA, or F/A. When you draft a guy that high, the minute Wentz starts to struggle, the calls to see Hurts will be deafening. You know the old saying: When you have 2 QB's, you have none.

It's why I 100% expect Dalton to be cut for Cincinnati. You can't have him hanging around in the shadow - the minute Burrow struggles (and he will at times) - the call will be loud. Can't have these QB's looking over their shoulders.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually the mirror opposite of you... I don't have a problem with getting a developmental QB prospect that your team has a conviction on; however, I think Hurts doesn't have "it" as a professional prospect.

If Hurts shows otherwise, he could make a good trade chip in the future...

... I doubt it, though. Guy sees the game too slow, IMO... and his accuracy is all over the strike zone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually the mirror opposite of you... I don't have a problem with getting a developmental QB prospect that your team has a conviction on; however, I think Hurts doesn't have "it" as a professional prospect.

... I doubt it, though. Guy sees the game too slow, IMO... and his accuracy is all over the strike zone.

If you had a stacked team with no holes I could see using a 2nd round pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills: B

Started very strong in the 2nd and 3rd, but would've liked better at 5.167 and 6.188 (at least positions of need, like LB, S/CB, G). If they're going to get weird, might as well be on day 3.

2.54: AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa - strong value at a need position in the near future as their ends age out
3.86: Zach Moss, RB, Utah - immediate time share with Singletary in Gore's role, again solid value and surprised he made it to the Bills, as he was listed as one of the top remaining picks for nearly a round
4.128: Gabe Davis, WR, UCF - size receiver to fill a gap in their WR corps
5.167: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia - value pick, will compete with Barkley to be the backup, wasn't in the Bills' draft plans but solid value as he continued to fall
6.188: A kicker. Name doesn't matter, could've been a UDFA, they actually need a punter more than a kicker, did they get bored?
6.207: Isaiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State - excellent hands and size receiver, will compete with Davis for the big receiver role
7.239: Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh - will compete for depth role/special teams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, if he's a developmental prospect, then he's the 3rd QB? Wentz' injury history requires a QB that is ready to go on the active roster. Besides, a team that went 4-6 outside of it's division has far bigger issues elsewhere.

I'd rather have a 2nd rounder helping the team from day 1 than a future trade chip.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you just went all-in on Wentz with the contract - you don't complicate the situation by then drafting a QB that high. If you want to find a backup, you go for the 5th-7th rounds, UDFA, or F/A. When you draft a guy that high, the minute Wentz starts to struggle, the calls to see Hurts will be deafening. You know the old saying: When you have 2 QB's, you have none.

It's why I 100% expect Dalton to be cut for Cincinnati. You can't have him hanging around in the shadow - the minute Burrow struggles (and he will at times) - the call will be loud. Can't have these QB's looking over their shoulders.

Dalton might start the season though. With the uncertainty about how much offseason work these teams will get, I'm not so sure I throw Burrow right out there game 1. They had a good draft, but they need to take their time IMO.