• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Our Draft Picks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between 2009 and 2012, the Seahawks drafted 12 bonafide starters that included all pro caliber players, and a SB MVP. Be my guest in finding 12 good Cowboy starters the Cowboys have drafted since Bill Parcells left. Seattle should definitely get a pass for all those bad picks because they've won a SB with two appearances, four consecutive playoff berths, and have won 7 playoff games since 2012. We have one playoff win and no consecutive playoff appearances in the same span so why should I give the Cowboys any credit? The Cowboys have hit on some picks, but they wont truly deserve any credit until they can put out a SB product.
Agee, but that's a different discussion.
Lately, the Seahawks early picks suck and our late picks suck

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between 2009 and 2012, the Seahawks drafted 12 bonafide starters that included all pro caliber players, and a SB MVP. Be my guest in finding 12 good Cowboy starters the Cowboys have drafted since Bill Parcells left. Seattle should definitely get a pass for all those bad picks because they've won a SB with two appearances, four consecutive playoff berths, and have won 7 playoff games since 2012. We have one playoff win and no consecutive playoff appearances in the same span so why should I give the Cowboys any credit? The Cowboys have hit on some picks, but they wont truly deserve any credit until they can put out a SB product.

Byron Jones
Zach Martin
Travis Fredrick
Tyron Smith
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
Martellus Bennett
Orlando Scandrick
DeMarcus Lawrence
Anthony Spencer

One to grow on-Zeke Elliott

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of what Earl says but Seattle has gone through the same thing we did with jimmy Johnson. A good college coach comes to the NFL and has great drafts for three or four years in part because they know so many of the players and are still plugged into the college ranks to an extent. It doesn't hold true for all coaches making the move up to the NFL but for the ones that are great at spotting talent and were great recruiters it seems to help. Others seem to fall on their face with personnel stuff.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones
Zach Martin
Travis Fredrick
Tyron Smith
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
Martellus Bennett
Orlando Scandrick
DeMarcus Lawrence
Anthony Spencer

i think Devonte Holloman could be added to the list. He looked like a player. Just bad luck. I guess we will never know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones
Zach Martin
Travis Fredrick
Tyron Smith
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
Martellus Bennett
Orlando Scandrick
DeMarcus Lawrence
Anthony Spencer

That's a pretty awesome friggin list. Arguably the best LT, G and C in the game plus some other super stars and some could be guys. I think that kind of kills one of his points, but the poor late drafting is still valid. We need to be better at that. I like the two LBs the last two years, so maybe that turns it around a little. This year is too early to tell.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Devonte Holloman could be added to the list. He looked like a player. Just bad luck. I guess we will never know.
Damn, that one still hurts me. Was becoming one of my favorite players. I thought he had star potential. What an amazing cover LB he looked to be

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great gift to our Boys to have Collins fall in our lap last year. Was that JJ thing or what?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great gift to our Boys to have Collins fall in our lap last year. Was that JJ thing or what?
It was three fold. Some teams took him off their board, other teams believed his threat not to sign, and he was a Cowboys fan. Pure luck for Dallas, out of a bad and unlucky situation for Collins.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was three fold. Some teams took him off their board, other teams believed his threat not to sign, and he was a Cowboys fan. Pure luck for Dallas, out of a bad and unlucky situation for Collins.

Him being a Cowboys fan didn't hurt but JJ sold him the world before he signed.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him being a Cowboys fan didn't hurt but JJ sold him the world before he signed.
Yes true Jerry pulled out all the stops to get him to sign. Threw the kitchen sink at him. I think him being a Dallas fan gave Jerry the first shot. Plus I believe, by year four if he signs his next contract he will had made more than a mid 2nd rounder. Jerry definitely tried to compensate him like a guy getting picked early, I'm sure that lessened much of the pain Collins felt.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes true Jerry pulled out all the stops to get him to sign. Threw the kitchen sink at him. I think him being a Dallas fan gave Jerry the first shot. Plus I believe, by year four if he signs his next contract he will had made more than a mid 2nd rounder. Jerry definitely tried to compensate him like a guy getting picked early, I'm sure that lessened much of the pain Collins felt.

I thought the deal was pretty cheap and I think pretty soon he will see another dotted line with his signature.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Romo, who may not be a HOF player, but is certainly a great QB, and Collins, who I believe is on his way to being the best OG in the game, I hope we keep getting ''lucky'' with the UFA's...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Romo, who may not be a HOF player, but is certainly a great QB, and Collins, who I believe is on his way to being the best OG in the game, I hope we keep getting ''lucky'' with the UFA's...

The best G in football plays on the right side of our line. If Collins approaches Martin's level of play, to go along with Frederick and Smith - OMG!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the deal was pretty cheap and I think pretty soon he will see another dotted line with his signature.
He got the max a UDFA can get and will be able to resign after 3 while drafted players 2-7 rounders have to wait 4 years, he will be on his 2nd contract a year earlier than if he were drafted, that was one of Jerry's selling points, Jerry basically promised to make up for the money lost. So far early returns says Collins will get paid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best G in football plays on the right side of our line. If Collins approaches Martin's level of play, to go along with Frederick and Smith - OMG!
I agree with that, but that Collins kid...wait till this year...I saw some plays out of that kid that I haven't seen an OLineman for Dallas make since L...... Oh, I'm not gonna say his name...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually an example of where I give Jerry credit for doing more than just shutting up and listening to those around him. Someone told Jerry this kid was a top 10 talent. Obviously he knew the situation. But, Jerry was the one behind running to this kid immediately and offering him a big contract and convincing him to sign with Dallas...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones
Zach Martin
Travis Fredrick
Tyron Smith
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant
Sean Lee
Martellus Bennett
Orlando Scandrick
DeMarcus Lawrence
Anthony Spencer

This goes back to what I said. They've made good picks but not nearly enough to put out a SB product because of how bad they are late in the draft(also how they sometimes make bad early picks like Claiborne and Escobar) and even with all those good early round picks, none of it has translated to much playoff success yet. If we are going to overcome the curse of Jerry, it has to start after Round 2 in the draft. Hopefully Collins and Tapper can break the ice.

Last edited:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to piggyback that we also need to stop throwing top 100 picks away to move up in drafts. We did it with Claiborne, Lawrence, we nearly did it with Lynch again this year. We aren't in position to be doing this nearly every year. We need every damn dart we can get to throw at the draft. We have been fortunate to pluck some UDFA's to cover for some of our shortcomings in the draft. That goes to show we have good evaluators, just need to limit the boneheaded/desperate decision making.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to piggyback that we also need to stop throwing top 100 picks away to move up in drafts. We did it with Claiborne, Lawrence, we nearly did it with Lynch again this year. We aren't in position to be doing this nearly every year. We need every damn dart we can get to throw at the draft. We have been fortunate to pluck some UDFA's to cover for some of our shortcomings in the draft. That goes to show we have good evaluators, just need to limit the boneheaded/desperate decision making.
We've drafted as well or better than any team in the NFL the last 5-6 years. Just saying...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've drafted as well or better than any team in the NFL the last 5-6 years. Just saying...
And I feel it could be better yet with those extra picks. Could've been the difference between beating GB in the playoffs and not. Our evaluators and scouts have done a great job and if we hadn't traded for Claiborne, we likely have Bobby Wagner on our team and who knows what else with that first pick. Coulda woulda shoulda.