• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Our Draft Picks

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm being hard on the drafts. I'm actually being generous. I've liked our draft picks in recent memory a lot more than in the Wade years, but at the end of the day, it hasn't translated to much playoff success. I'm not saying I want SB now, but I would like to see better than one playoff win or berth every four or five years. The Cowboys have lacked consistency. We had more consistency in the Bill Parcells era and he didn't even have a QB nearly as good as Romo during most of his tenure here. We've had Romo for the past 10 years and all we have is two playoff wins to show for it. A QB as good as Romo should have at least five playoff wins now. In a very weak division, we should have been almost as big of a lock to make the playoffs every year like the Pats. We've had arguably the best QB in the division for the past decade and we've been in the playoffs only four times. Some of the reason is on Romo, but most of it is an organizational issue.
So where about would you rank Dallas drafts over the last 5 years.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through the Seahawks last 6 drafts before this year. From 2010-2012, the landed 6 studs, but please list the 5 best players the Seahawks have drafted since then....it's comical
But what does it matter when their drafts have netted them a SB, another appearance, and annually a playoff threat? Our draft picks have been good on paper, but it hasn't translated to much of anything. I don't see why you guys are having a tough time understanding this. How are we having such great drafts yet not going much of anywhere in the playoffs? I'm in the same boat as PDay when it comes to where I stand with this team as far as where this team goes: It's not SB or bust, it's about playoff berths and advancement. We have been less than stellar in that department. Until we see consistent playoff berths let alone playoff advancement, let's hold off on anointing our drafts in the past five years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start with Seattle and also compare their playoff success to ours.
That's not accurate though. Plays a part of course, but not cut and dry as there are too many other factors. So the last 5 SB winners are the best drafters? There is more to it than that. your point on late picks is a great one IMO. But, your ignoring our great early picks and giving no credit for them is just wrong.