• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Our Draft Picks

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can't disagree about the risk of the unknown future... but the fact that the Cowboys team doctor did his surgery helps that concern.

This is just totally BS. This is spin from the Cowboys and their beat writers and everyone is eating it up. A doctor CAN NOT reveal his patient's medical history. IT IS ILLEGAL!!! That is the law. So no way, the team doctor could tell the Cowboys anything without breaking the law. Knowing Jerrah and Stephen they probably assumed that since the doctor said nothing that it was all good. LOL. The man's nerve needs to regroup and regenerate. Listen to what Jaylon Smith says right now. His knee is recovering and fine. His nerve is the issue. It may or may not regenerate. There was another linebacker in this draft worth taking in this spot if that is what we wanted to do. Big risk and honestly would have been there in the 3rd round.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just totally BS. This is spin from the Cowboys and their beat writers and everyone is eating it up. A doctor CAN NOT reveal his patient's medical history. IT IS ILLEGAL!!! That is the law. So no way, the team doctor could tell the Cowboys anything without breaking the law. Knowing Jerrah and Stephen they probably assumed that since the doctor said nothing that it was all good. LOL. The man's nerve needs to regroup and regenerate. Listen to what Jaylon Smith says right now. His knee is recovering and fine. His nerve is the issue. It may or may not regenerate. There was another linebacker in this draft worth taking in this spot if that is what we wanted to do. Big risk and honestly would have been there in the 3rd round.

Really against the law? Yes you are correct it is.

Do you really think that the doctor would not talk to the team that pays his salary to be the team doctor "off the record " ?

If so I got some swamp land in Phoenix to sell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give me a break nothing is private anymore and thinking it is sadly foolish

Legally you are correct A Doctor cannot give up his patients info and how many ways to Sunday are their around that? Anything Recorded can be bought and sold to the highest bidder with no repercussions with enough money or influence.

so lets get off the high horse of Doctor Patient Confidentiality it does not exist.

As far as the player involved I wish him a full recovery and a long career

Spin oh please everything is spin

Reality is what's on the menu not fact

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally wrong. There is no law against a patient allowing anyone access to his information. Any team was allowed to examine Smith, talk to the doctor that did the surgery, see any MRIs or any other information related to his injury. Run him through tests. Poke, prod and stick anything, anywhere they want to stick it. It's 100% absolute disclosure. there is nothing about his knee or nerve issue that is unknown to any team. Our doctor just happened to see it with his own eyes. So instead of relying on someone else's word, our guy was the most knowledgeable one on the topic. Even moreso than the patient

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be anymore wrong.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After letting the draft sink in, I will give this draft a B based on perceived value today. This draft could turn out to be an A if most everything goes to plan. I could also see it turn out mediocre and end up with only three players out of it.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that even a year from now Smith may not be healthy. There is a chance he never plays an NFL game and a bigger chance he is never the same. That is why the move is questionable and the picks was perhaps a little bit early. At least we get to look forward to the Jerry spin machine giving us Medical updates for the next year or so. Jerry knows this is one of those moves that everyone is watching and that he will be judged on so he'll be trying his darnedest to make sure he doesn't look bad.

My gut says eventually we are very happy with this pick, but I accept that it could be a total wipeout too.
I heard that the pats were going to pick him too. Not sure I get that with them not having a first this year, but that's what they said.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.....If you take the individual players in a vacuum, I suppose .......maybe a C+ or B-
But it's about filling needs for this 2016 team....This ain't the 89 COWBOYS....

before the draft;
With Romo, the COWBOY'S offense this season, would have been very good. McFadden,Morris and Dunbar would have been good enough...I know EMMITT had said he didn't see the need of drafting an RB early.
The COWBOYS are not rebuilding.....supposedly.....
They have an excellent Oline....Very good WRs....Good TEs......Very good QB......OK RBs......
Pathetic CBs (last season) ......mediocre safeties ...Sean Lee is one of the NFL's best and a play maker........and other LBs ...And the D line is at best, a question mark. few turnovers, INTs and virtually no pass rush

I just thought drafting Smith was wrong for this team and THIS YEAR'S NEEDS . And no doubt, EE will be good for an already very good offense.
Jerry is always full of BS, but he says Romo has 4 or 5 years left. I would be happy with ONE championship season.

In general, I just thought this draft, didn't match the condition or needs, of the 2016 COWBOYS.
It was like we were drafting for a different team.
The thing is, Stephen and the entire front office have said repeatedly that they don't draft for need, they draft the top talent on their board. Anyone looking for them to fill needs is going to be disappointed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, Stephen and the entire front office have said repeatedly that they don't draft for need, they draft the top talent on their board. Anyone looking for them to fill needs is going to be disappointed
Even though every team says it and it isn't totally true...exactly. If you have an issue with a "weak" position on this team direct your comments to FA, not the draft. The draft is for taking the best players except for extreme cases - Indy won't likely be taking QB in round 1 even if BPA is a QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though every team says it and it isn't totally true...exactly. If you have an issue with a "weak" position on this team direct your comments to FA, not the draft. The draft is for taking the best players except for extreme cases - Indy won't likely be taking QB in round 1 even if BPA is a QB.
Yep, most teams put players in tiers, and if players have a similar grade, I believe need becomes the tiebreaker. I saw where Stephen said the two DB's they took in the 6th round had 4th round grades. There just seems to be a more consistent theme with the way the Cowboys are drafting top to bottom. All the defensive players they drafted were among the fastest and best athletes at their positions

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so really did not know much about some of these players to give a full grade. I am going with a B-. If smith recovers and dak pans ouy then probably an A. that 6th round running back could make the team. he looks like a beast. I could see us trading either McFadden or morris. the other 2 six rounders could also stick as church and Wilcox suck

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were you talking about Jack? if Jack has microfracture surgery he will never reach his potential. supposedly the nerve has already started to regenerate,but it could be another 6 months

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For one thing the CBA allows the release of medical info on pkayers, and more than likely the players have to sign a medical release just to be in the draft. I have to sign a medical release for my job, odds are Fire and Police do too.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANDRESRENEE any comment ?

I doubt it

Bullshit slinger

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a great, but CB is a major need that didn't get addressed soon enough. Would have rather had a CB in the 2nd instead of Smith....Aren't we tired of being injured in Dallas?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a great, but CB is a major need that didn't get addressed soon enough. Would have rather had a CB in the 2nd instead of Smith....Aren't we tired of being injured in Dallas?
I wanted alexander in the 2nd. I hope smith recovers or it is going to be yet another 2nd round pick down the toilet

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ANDRESRENEE any comment ?

I doubt it

Bullshit slinger

I think you missed my point and several people made my point for me here. The Dallas Cowboys would not have inside information. It either gets disclosed to all based on consent by the patient or it does not. In other words, no one has special Infromation. That was just spin. The point is he may never play in the NFL as the nerve may not get back to where it needs to get or he could be a dominating player.

High risk, high reward. Not sure the pick needed to be made so early and especially by a team coming off a 4-12 season with an older elite quarterback when there is no sensible backup.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed my point and several people made my point for me here. The Dallas Cowboys would not have inside information. It either gets disclosed to all based on consent by the patient or it does not. In other words, no one has special Infromation. That was just spin. The point is he may never play in the NFL as the nerve may not get back to where it needs to get or he could be a dominating player.

High risk, high reward. Not sure the pick needed to be made so early and especially by a team coming off a 4-12 season with an older elite quarterback when there is no sensible backup.
How do you know the team Dr. didn't give Dallas an extra nod of approval.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How do you know the team Dr. didn't give Dallas an extra nod of approval.

I don't but generally trust the integrity of a nationally known doctor who would not risk his professional responsibilities to his patient by telling the Cowboys something special. But you are right, I do not know. Just saying the spin doctors for the Cowboys spouting that Dallas had inside scope is likely spin.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't but generally trust the integrity of a nationally known doctor who would not risk his professional responsibilities to his patient by telling the Cowboys something special. But you are right, I do not know. Just saying the spin doctors for the Cowboys spouting that Dallas had inside scope is likely spin.

Lets look at it this way, everybody had the same info but Dallas had access to the Dr. to ask straight up if he thought Smith will heel, other teams had to rely strictly on Dr. reports. I don't know if Dallas had more info or not but I can guarantee if I were the Cowboys I'd ask the Dr. what his HONEST OPINION is. Do you not think any other team would do the same, Dr Andrews is the Redskins Dr. don't you think they'd ask is honest opinion on a player they are thinking about drafting if he performed a surgery on that player?