• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon, Do we take a shot if he is cut/released?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah people said the same thing about Houshmandzadeh, i just do not think there is much reward in Fitz right now. he would be nice to add for a season maybe two but there is a reason they use him more for blocking now. After so many years of seeing how TR ran this club into the ground the one place we can afford to NOT get older is WR, We got a ton of young guys that need playing time. I would rather let our young guys play than put someone out there that might give us 1 to 2 seasons of MAYBE above average play and retard the growth of the young guys.

Now if it's a YOUNGER WR hey no problem. If its a young stud then go for it, But the money we would pay for Fitz is just to high. He was a dominating WR, a once great top 5 WR in the NFL. He is not that guy any more. Looking at PAST glory and ignoring the future is not a good move 1 step forward for a season or two then 2 steps back. No thank you.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah people said the same thing about Houshmandzadeh, i just do not think there is much reward in Fitz right now. he would be nice to add for a season maybe two but there is a reason they use him more for blocking now. After so many years of seeing how TR ran this club into the ground the one place we can afford to NOT get older is WR, We got a ton of young guys that need playing time. I would rather let our young guys play than put someone out there that might give us 1 to 2 seasons of MAYBE above average play and retard the growth of the young guys.

Now if it's a YOUNGER WR hey no problem. If its a young stud then go for it, But the money we would pay for Fitz is just to high. He was a dominating WR, a once great top 5 WR in the NFL. He is not that guy any more. Looking at PAST glory and ignoring the future is not a good move 1 step forward for a season or two then 2 steps back. No thank you.

Good point. But I think Fitz is a more skilled WR than Housh was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Megatron on the other side pulling all the double teams off you helps also. Tate was the one getting the extra coverage here. Even when Megatron was out though he was getting a lot of throws to him. Something that would never happen here. He was a special player with Seattle and you saw it almost every game when he would do something that just made you laugh and shake your head. Kid had balls of Steel and hands as strong as a vice. he was a special talent and i am glad we got to see him blossom here first.

It could be said that having Lynch in the backfield and play action surely would open up the middle of the field for a WR like Tate.