• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon, Do we take a shot if he is cut/released?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gordons off the field issues he can not demand high $$$ but i am sure some team would give him a lot to play with them, That's the problem here. If he is cut/released then he is a free agent and if he is smart it won't be about money but a solid foundation to help him mature and grow as a player. He is still young and can afford to sign a smaller 1 to 2 year contract to grow up and PROVE he is worthy of a top contract. Right now any team that would do that is stupid. He has not proved that he is worthy of one ( big money contract ) OFF THE FIELD yet.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were talking about Melvin Gordon RB Wiscy. And I would say I hope U don't.

But if u don't sign Marshawn, then...

image.jpg

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have 4 years NFL experience so he'd be subject to waivers. His 2015 contract is for $1M, non-guaranteed, and he wouldn't be due a cent until he was on the active roster for Week 1 of the 2015 season. There's no way in Seattle such a freebee passes through 20+ teams on waivers. If you want him you'll have to trade for him.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker room chemistry is nothing to mess with when you finally get it right.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker room chemistry is nothing to mess with when you finally get it right.

With the NFL the way it is with roster turnover, you have no choice but to constantly mess with the chemistry. These guys are not scared to take chances, just like they have no problem admitting when they're wrong.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the NFL the way it is with roster turnover, you have no choice but to constantly mess with the chemistry. These guys are not scared to take chances, just like they have no problem admitting when they're wrong.

Yeah, you are correct. At least they will walk away and take their lumps. Still, we have not done well with diva wide receiver's as of late.

We really don't know the ceiling on the wide outs we have. Exhibit A is Tate. He is now a star in the NFL cause he went to a pass happy offense. Do we really know how good our receivers really are compared to the rest of the league? None that have been brought in have really shined as they did in the past and its gotta be the way the offense is designed more than talent level of the wide outs. If Odell Beckham was a Seahawk, he would not have near the numbers he has this season cause we are run first and run second and if that doesn't work, run again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are correct. At least they will walk away and take their lumps. Still, we have not done well with diva wide receiver's as of late.

We really don't know the ceiling on the wide outs we have. Exhibit A is Tate. He is now a star in the NFL cause he went to a pass happy offense. Do we really know how good our receivers really are compared to the rest of the league? None that have been brought in have really shined as they did in the past and its gotta be the way the offense is designed more than talent level of the wide outs. If Odell Beckham was a Seahawk, he would not have near the numbers he has this season cause we are run first and run second and if that doesn't work, run again.

He was a Star here and anyone saying anything other than that is fooling themselves. He was constantly the best WR on the field for us AND a great returner to boot. He did some boneheading things sure but after that taunting call against the Rams he cleaned that stuff up. When i saw the money he got from the lions i was a little shocked that the Hawks didn't offer him close to that. The Rumor i hear now is the money they ended up giving Baldwin was more per year than what they offered Tate. O.o I am guessing they could not afford to lose another guy.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a Star here and anyone saying anything other than that is fooling themselves. He was constantly the best WR on the field for us AND a great returner to boot. He did some boneheading things sure but after that taunting call against the Rams he cleaned that stuff up. When i saw the money he got from the lions i was a little shocked that the Hawks didn't offer him close to that. The Rumor i hear now is the money they ended up giving Baldwin was more per year than what they offered Tate. O.o I am guessing they could not afford to lose another guy.

Agreed, he was a star here but not the way he is in Detroit. Its just two different offensive schemes. I think the money thing is just another part of the Harvin disaster. We easily could have kept Tate without Harvin's contract.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he was a star here but not the way he is in Detroit. Its just two different offensive schemes. I think the money thing is just another part of the Harvin disaster. We easily could have kept Tate without Harvin's contract.

Having Megatron on the other side pulling all the double teams off you helps also. Tate was the one getting the extra coverage here. Even when Megatron was out though he was getting a lot of throws to him. Something that would never happen here. He was a special player with Seattle and you saw it almost every game when he would do something that just made you laugh and shake your head. Kid had balls of Steel and hands as strong as a vice. he was a special talent and i am glad we got to see him blossom here first.

Last edited by a moderator:

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree we lost a good one. The bummer will be every season he will remind us of what a disaster the Harvin trade was. He cost us valuable draft picks and our number one receiver.

But I still like the guys we got. Richardson and Norwood have shown flashes. Baldwin is doing great.

We all would like a monster out there like Megatron but it is a crap shoot getting one in the draft. Gotta develop them from within.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Richardson and Norwood, i also believe Norwood has the highest ceiling. Right or wrong doesn't matter because it's just an opinion and like assholes everyone has one lol. I just Wish Norwood would have got on the field more, i get he was injured but i wish he would have been 100% healthy for the whole season.

I believe those two will be our best WR in a year or two more.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'm sure we can give him a one year prove it deal. He'd still get like $5-6M for a one year prove it deal though, and we need to lock up Wagner and Wilson. Dunno if we'll re-sign Okung. He's injured so often I could see us just drafting a new OT. That said, when healthy Okung is a top 10 LT. He was one of the best O-Lineman in the league in our 2013-14 run according to pro football focus.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a lot of harm in plugging a hole or 2 in the off-season win a vet like Fitzgerald. It wouldn't suddenly make our team old and rickety. My biggest concern with something like that would be how much that takes away from the development of the younger guys. Then again, Fitz probably can teach them a thing or 2 that move them along a little quicker than they otherwise would. I doubt it happens anyway, but it wouldn't be the worst thing we could do.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a lot of harm in plugging a hole or 2 in the off-season win a vet like Fitzgerald. It wouldn't suddenly make our team old and rickety. My biggest concern with something like that would be how much that takes away from the development of the younger guys. Then again, Fitz probably can teach them a thing or 2 that move them along a little quicker than they otherwise would. I doubt it happens anyway, but it wouldn't be the worst thing we could do.

I think Fitzgerald would be great on the Seahawks! I don't think he takes anything away, I think if anything, he's a mentor for the young WR corps.

Low risk, HIGH reward!!