• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goran Dragic chances to be named west allstar reserve?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goran Dragiv best pg in nba - YouTube

Dragic would get a 1 million dollar bonus. Dragic has shown flashes of greatness this year after a up and down year last year we all saw how he can play and how hes capable of playing in those final 2 months, now in a system that fits his game more, and more confidence than last year Dragics skill set, toughness, and his loyalty to Phoenix is why hes a fan favorite. The Bledsoe and Dragic back court can go deep in the playoffs watch! Go Dragon!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if Babby would of had his way and signed Felton?

Sarver has started to make some good moves and that starts with him ignoring Babby and signing Dragic to a deal in the parking lot and without him this team might be a piece of shit imagine if Babby hired the Bucks assistant gm or whatever? Haha!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nLmJIRqug]Is Goran Dragic The Best PG in the NBA? How the Suns Lit Up The Pacers Defense - YouTube[/ame]

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is about a ten percent chance Dragic makes the Allstar team.

Western guards not on the allstar team yet
-Paul
-Harden
-Lillard
-Ellis
-Parker
-Thomas
-Conley
-Dragic

With Kobe out, I expect 5 guards to be added to the roster. Paul, Harden, & Lillard are a given. After that, I would say Parker will likely be picked too. So it leaves a toss-up between the rest of the guys for the last spot to replace Kobe.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis only two players average at least 19 and 6, and shoots over 49%. Lebron and Dragic.

Lillard 20 ppg and 5.5 apg while chucking a 40% FG lmao.......

I see what your saying cause of Lillards hype he makes it over Dragic even though he shouldnt...

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic has played like the best pg in the nba in recent weeks.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard will make it because he is putting up those numbers while being on a very good Portland team. Being on one of the top winning teams at the allstar break always gives those players an advantage when it comes to the selections.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay avg 19.7 shooting 49.9% and 38.8% from 3 6.1 apg and 3.4 rebs hes an allstar I cant see him getting snubbed Suns 6th in west..

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis only two players average at least 19 and 6, and shoots over 49%. Lebron and Dragic.

Lillard 20 ppg and 5.5 apg while chucking a 40% FG lmao.......

I see what your saying cause of Lillards hype he makes it over Dragic even though he shouldnt...

Lillard's three-point shooting (and he shoots a ton of them, 7.2 per game) and free throw shooting are excellent, though, so his True Shooting Percentage is still very good at .571. But Dragic's True Shooting Percentage is that much better at .600.

In fact, Dragic is presently averaging 19.7 points per game, 6.1 assists per game, and a .600 True Shooting Percentage. Only sixteen times in NBA history, and by only eight different players, has a player averaged at least 20.0 points, 6.0 assists, and a .600 True Shooting Percentage in the same season.

Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Currently, Dragic is on track to become just the ninth player to average at least 19.0 points, 6.0 assists, and a .600 True Shooting Percentage in the same season.

Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Now, when you filter that last compilation to only include players listed below 6'5", just three names remain:

Goran Dragic (so far)

Dana Barros

Kevin Johnson (twice)

(That's another indication that K.J. is probably the most underrated player in the history of the whole damn league.)

In fact, Dragic would be the first player under 6'5" to accomplish that feat since K.J. seventeen years ago (how time goes by).

So Dragic definitely deserves to be an All-Star (more so than Lillard), and I think that he will make the team. But the matter may come down to Dragic versus Lillard, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is about a ten percent chance Dragic makes the Allstar team.

Western guards not on the allstar team yet
-Paul
-Harden
-Lillard
-Ellis
-Parker
-Thomas
-Conley
-Dragic

With Kobe out, I expect 5 guards to be added to the roster. Paul, Harden, & Lillard are a given. After that, I would say Parker will likely be picked too. So it leaves a toss-up between the rest of the guys for the last spot to replace Kobe.

You could add Ty Lawson to that list.

I think that Paul, Harden, and Parker will be there, with the final spot coming down to Dragic and Lillard. My bet is that Dragic makes it on the strength of his .499 field goal percentage compared to Lillard's .413, but whether the coaches analyze matters scientifically remains to be seen.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul is the best PG in the game but since he has missed quite a bit of time I think the coaches should do the right thing and pick someone who has been playing every game.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could add Ty Lawson to that list.

I think that Paul, Harden, and Parker will be there, with the final spot coming down to Dragic and Lillard. My bet is that Dragic makes it on the strength of his .499 field goal percentage compared to Lillard's .413, but whether the coaches analyze matters scientifically remains to be seen.

... .417. Close enough.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMAT, we were having a similar discussion to this on the general NBA forum... check it out. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nba-basketball-forum-message-board-general-discussion/137038-player-player-b.html

Here's a note that I added in that thread (so that everyone here sees it):

And what has been the result of Dragic's combination of scoring efficiency and volume from the point guard position? Even with Eric Bledsoe having missed almost half the Suns' games, Phoenix ranks seventh in Offensive Rating (points scored per possession), a higher ranking than in either of Steve Nash's final two seasons with the team.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMAT how dangerous could this team be with a healthy Dragic and Bledsoe for a full season. 12-3 in December.........

Are we talking top 3 seed in west? Obviously I want to upgrade the SF. I love Frye because his ability to pick n pop is what teams like the Pacers cant figure out.......

Man what this team would do with a Shawn Marion type versatile stud, with the same quickness and all around game as the Matrix........ PJ is a great guy to bring off the bench I think and his ability to come in and lock up sixth man or smaller guards is big hes like a Lou Amunson except more impactful on a consistant bases. You cant get rid of PJ hes a glue guy in the locker room, but hes more of a 2 I think..... A more all around SF like an IGGY or Matrix but I really like Aaron Gordon.

Dragic and Bledsoe back court I think can take us deep in the playoffs!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a note that I added in that thread (so that everyone here sees it):

And what has been the result of Dragic's combination of scoring efficiency and volume from the point guard position? Even with Eric Bledsoe having missed almost half the Suns' games, Phoenix ranks seventh in Offensive Rating (points scored per possession), a higher ranking than in either of Steve Nash's final two seasons with the team.

I agree I have also seen something from Bledsoe that I havent seen with KJ from the videos I have watched. Bledsoe can shoot the 3............. But hes limited as a spot up shooter him and KJ both have that attack to the basket and circus shot and ones, they have that sweet pull up when its on its silky smooth.. Imagine if Bledsoe could stand in the corner and do what Dragic does and play off the ball if he develops a corner 3 that makes us the best back court in the NBA and unstoppable on the break imo. That makes each guard a threat to create and you cant switch your best defender on them just a thought.

Because Dragic had to play off the ball because of Bledsoe inability to spot up shoot.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-gkpnJEo4]Goran's All-Star Resume - YouTube[/ame]

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghERIRLqp8]Goran Dragic Full Highlights vs Kings (2013.12.13) - 29 Pts, Sick Plays! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_b2dKvsgs]Eric Bledsoe Full Highlights 2013.12.13 vs Kings - 28 Pts, 8 Assists, 3 Stls, 2 Blks. - YouTube[/ame]

Okay Gmat imagine if Bledsoe could hit that spot up 3 like Dragic? How much more deadly would they be? Better slashers than the Splash Brothers and almost on par with there shooting! Dragic and Bledsoe are money mid range shooters, and Dragics 3 point shot is money! Bledsoes is average 35% but he shoots it very well off the dribble........ But he has shown me that he cant spot up shoot..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9AKTelY5cI]Double OT Thriller: Blazers @ Suns G4 - NBA Playoffs '92 - YouTube[/ame]
Bad memories Gmat but this was one of the best back courts in the nba, and KJ was never a great 3 point shooter

Imagine once Bledsoe learns how to play under people like KJ so he stays healthier, gets in better shape and plays like KJ did on the defensive end, and develop a spot up 3 which he has already shown us that he can hit the 3 and that is something that KJ couldn't do consistently which is why Hornaseck is always playing off ball........

Our back court is scary keep this unit together. Also Dragic is faster than Hornaseck ever was....... God I hope Bledsoe stays healthy I love the DragonBlade back court!

Last edited by a moderator: