• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell wants 49ers to share Levi Stadium with the Raiders

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is probably the strongest argument to NOT share a stadium... Raiders need to get there own stadium...

Why does that matter? The annual preseason game has been cancelled anyways. If they shared a stadium, they would only face each other every four years. They play this year in Oakland, so the next meeting would be in 2018. These fans will be crossing paths very rarely.

This idea makes some financial sense (ie. pay off the stadium debt quicker, create more jobs/tax revenue, etc). The Niners have been hustling trying to add as many sporting events and concerts to Levi's Stadium as possible. Eight more NFL games (+playoffs if the Raiders ever make it lol) is a huge source of revenue. I'd still vote no, because the Raiders would never want to leave. But if it happens, I won't complain.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell can go fuck himself. The Raiders need to go build their own stadium. Preferably in LA.

That asshole is ruining the game with every decision he makes.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before any non-Niner fan chimes in again and suggests sharing the stadium with the Oakland Raiduhs... Please ask yourself if you would like to see your team sharing their stadium with that orgization and fan base...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before any non-Niner fan chimes in again and suggests sharing the stadium with the Oakland Raiduhs... Please ask yourself if you would like to see your team sharing their stadium with that orgization and fan base...

Thank you. In all reality, what fan base/team wants to share a stadium at all? You want your own place with your own identity. Let alone a rival. And why would the Raiders want to play there? They put gold painted steal beams in the construction for fucks sake. You might not see them ever, but everyone will always know that it wash never meant for them in the first place. They would be the creepy uncle who just couch trolled for so long it became the norm.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine telling the Yankees they have to share a stadium with the Mets; telling Jerry Jones that he's gotta share with the Texans; telling the Steelers they gotta share with the Eagles; or (during the LA days) telling Al Davis he's gotta share with the Rams. This "stadium sharing" shit simply would NOT go down.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that matter? The annual preseason game has been cancelled anyways. If they shared a stadium, they would only face each other every four years. They play this year in Oakland, so the next meeting would be in 2018. These fans will be crossing paths very rarely.

This idea makes some financial sense (ie. pay off the stadium debt quicker, create more jobs/tax revenue, etc). The Niners have been hustling trying to add as many sporting events and concerts to Levi's Stadium as possible. Eight more NFL games (+playoffs if the Raiders ever make it lol) is a huge source of revenue. I'd still vote no, because the Raiders would never want to leave. But if it happens, I won't complain.

I would assume they would cross paths more than expected... Obviously they would have to switch up the home and road games on the schedules but it just seems sharing the stadium at some point your gonna have confrontations... If I was a 49rs fan I wouldn't like that... I"m trying to imagine another NFL teams sharing the Clink with the Seahawks... I wouldn't like it..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would assume they would cross paths more than expected... Obviously they would have to switch up the home and road games on the schedules but it just seems sharing the stadium at some point your gonna have confrontations... If I was a 49rs fan I wouldn't like that... I"m trying to imagine another NFL teams sharing the Clink with the Seahawks... I wouldn't like it..

nobody wants to share a stadium, not even the Raiders. but at over a billion a piece and without a LONG shelf life (like a solid office building), a few franchises can't afford it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I took it as one of those statements meant as a typical leverage ploy that Goodell usually uses against cities.

The only way I see the Raiders and 9ers sharing a stadium is if the Raiders needed a place to crash a couple years while their new stadium is being built.

Ultimately I believe the Raiders are going to wind back in LA since Oakland is just going to wind up being too tough of a place to get a new stadium and LA offers a team back in LA finally that already has an instant built in fan base.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the Raiders playing at Levi's.

Let the junior varsity team get some playing time on the big boys field........

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm okay with the Raiders playing at Levi's.

Let the junior varsity team get some playing time on the big boys field........

Only if the Raiders pay for the extra staff it'll take to clean up all the used crack pipes after the Raider games.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if the Raiders pay for the extra staff it'll take to clean up all the used crack pipes after the Raider games.

Yup, sanitation would have to spend days picking up needles and cleaning up all the blood spills.

Sactown Boom!

Lurker Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying it is a good idea to have the Raiders play in Santa Clara?

I wouldn't like it as a permanent solution. But a temporary situation until a new stadium can be built? I could live with it. Not that I think the City of Oakland will ever be able to pull off a new stadium, but I would prefer a move to the East Bay (say the Concord Naval Weapons site) much more than a move to LA.

It also pisses 9er fans off to have to share, so that's good too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't like it as a permanent solution. But a temporary situation until a new stadium can be built? I could live with it. Not that I think the City of Oakland will ever be able to pull off a new stadium, but I would prefer a move to the East Bay (say the Concord Naval Weapons site) much more than a move to LA.

It also pisses 9er fans off to have to share, so that's good too.

I am not going to get worked up over it if it is only temporary. I don't really like it but at the end of the day it is just asphalt and concrete.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unless imac was wrong, he didn't just arbitrarily make a decision on this. He simply commented about it.

Unless I was wrong? I provided links from all the way back to 2009 on Jed York discussing the possibility of sharing a stadium with the Raiders, and he was not coming out against it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I was wrong? I provided links from all the way back to 2009 on Jed York discussing the possibility of sharing a stadium with the Raiders, and he was not coming out against it.

You are correct. I remember the comments that were made at the time

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
York doesn't mind because York is smart enough to understand that it's easy money for him. The Raiders would play when the 9ers were away so he would be collecting money for 16 games in the stadium instead of 8.

It's like someone paying to park in your driveway while you're away for the weekend.