• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell wants 49ers to share Levi Stadium with the Raiders

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't like it as a permanent solution. But a temporary situation until a new stadium can be built? I could live with it. Not that I think the City of Oakland will ever be able to pull off a new stadium, but I would prefer a move to the East Bay (say the Concord Naval Weapons site) much more than a move to LA.

It also pisses 9er fans off to have to share, so that's good too.
Possibly but I just don't think it is a good idea. The Bay teams don't play well together. Maybe Goodell and the team owners can come up with another solution.I'm not just talking about the stadium ,I'm thinking the hotels, etc is where this issue will go down at. Do the police, residents, businesses want to pay for all of this while the Raiders just get to pay rent?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Unless I was wrong? I provided links from all the way back to 2009 on Jed York discussing the possibility of sharing a stadium with the Raiders, and he was not coming out against it.

I know it was discussed back then. The question was whether the Raiders had the authority to share the stadium at this point in time. You said they don't have that authority, and I have no reason to think you're wrong.

And I never claimed they did; I was just asking if they did based on the language of Goodell's comments.

Sactown Boom!

Lurker Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly but I just don't think it is a good idea. The Bay teams don't play well together. Maybe Goodell and the team owners can come up with another solution.I'm not just talking about the stadium ,I'm thinking the hotels, etc is where this issue will go down at. Do the police, residents, businesses want to pay for all of this while the Raiders just get to pay rent?

You won't have a Sunday where both teams are playing home games the same day.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Roger Goodell floats San Francisco 49ers' Levi's Stadium as Oakland Raiders option - ESPN

Mark Davis has said he doesn't want to be a renter in the Niners' new stadium.

I think that about settles it because they sure as hell aren't going to be owners (unless the 49ers take stupid pills).

The Raiders are also in the final year of their lease in the Oakland Colosseum, so this is the year we'll probably find out if they're going to remain in that shit hole or go to another shit hole called LA.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't like it as a permanent solution. But a temporary situation until a new stadium can be built? I could live with it. Not that I think the City of Oakland will ever be able to pull off a new stadium, but I would prefer a move to the East Bay (say the Concord Naval Weapons site) much more than a move to LA.

It also pisses 9er fans off to have to share, so that's good too.

If it is only going to be "temporary"

Why don't the Raiders just play at Cal Memorial?

Doesn't make sense to go to Santa Clara when there is a recently renovated stadium with 62,467 seats that is basically right down the street from the Downtown Berkeley BART station.

Plus, it kills two birds with one stone because Oakland cats could roast Berkeley, and if there is one thing Oakland likes as much as watching SF lose, it's roasting people who live in Berkeley.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't have a Sunday where both teams are playing home games the same day.
I'm guessing that you don't own a house where tenants can ruin things and you, as the owner ,has to pay for the repairs. Are you following this concept yet? ...and how will the Raiders help pay the taxes for all of the extra cops,etc needed to deal with having these two fan bases crossing paths in the same town?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell floats San Francisco 49ers' Levi's Stadium as Oakland Raiders option - ESPN

Mark Davis has said he doesn't want to be a renter in the Niners' new stadium.

I think that about settles it because they sure as hell aren't going to be owners (unless the 49ers take stupid pills).

The Raiders are also in the final year of their lease in the Oakland Colosseum, so this is the year we'll probably find out if they're going to remain in that shit hole or go to another shit hole called LA.
Good for him because if I had to do a poll, the Raiders are not wanted in Santa Clara.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another option floated out there was AT&T where the Giants play - horrible idea and the Raiders wouldn't go for that.

Another more feasible option is the new Cal Memorial Stadium where my Berkeley Bears play at. It's closer and the Raiders would have a brand new facility to play with. It's also a stadium that was meant for football.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another more feasible option is the new Cal Memorial Stadium where my Berkeley Bears play at. It's closer and the Raiders would have a brand new facility to play with. It's also a stadium that was meant for football.

This! Get 'em even further away from the 49ers.

...15 minutes further away, but it's better than getting closer.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders and Goodell can suck it

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders end up sharing the stadium in honor of "The Stick" they can always call it, "The Shank."