• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell wants 49ers to share Levi Stadium with the Raiders

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers haven't won the big game these last several years.

By now, teams have adjusted to them and the Raiders will have a better record this season than the 49ers.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This idea is Stupid.

There needs to be different stadiums for different teams

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The default setting of Raider fan is to see a 4-12 team and predict it's gonna win the Super Bowl.

See an 8-8 team: They're going 19-0.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its against the rules to troll team threads, but when you SF twinkle toes homos start dissing my Raiders I'm gonna respond.

True. We Raiders fans feed our gerbils to our pet boas.

49ers fans stuff the gerbils up their butts.

Stop projecting guy. You are the only one bringing up "homos" and sticking things up their asses. Things on the forefront of your mind I see.

And if you are gonna troll at least be creative. SF=gay... real big leap there buddy. I know you have a small weak mind, hence being a raiders fan, but if you are gonna get banned for this shit, at least go down in a blaze of glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. We Raiders fans feed our gerbils to our pet boas.

49ers fans stuff the gerbils up their butts.

Funny, because that's never been done before.

I mean, cities & towns would be inundated with gerbil pet shops if anyone was sticking gerbils up their asses. But nope, no shops. Plus, there's never been any medical evidence of it being done.

I think you watch too much late night South Park while you're choppin bliggy on the table.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know that there wasn't a discussion beforehand? The loan could have had a "quid pro quo" attached to it in the event the the Raiders couldn't get a new stadium by "x" date. Having one team play at home while the other is on the road is to easy schedule, so that the fans of each team wouldn't cross each other there.

Speaking to that, I wouldn't like that because anything that gives them more of a chance to give us a bad stretch of the schedule because we have to be away, the worse. I know that opponents are set, the locations of the games are not dependent, there are bad stretches for every team for every year, but why necessitate it? I know we could in the reverse get a good stretch of games to it and games against the Raiders, but still.

Also, if the NFL decided to give Oakland and us the right to host a Super Bowl, we would get to in the area twice if two stadiums. If together, it'll just be this next one and say we got our turn (although Miami has hosted a few close together, right?).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you are gonna troll at least be creative. SF=gay... real big leap there buddy. I know you have a small weak mind, hence being a raiders fan, but if you are gonna get banned for this shit, at least go down in a blaze of glory.

Starts around the 0:55 mark.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, because that's never been done before.

I mean, cities & towns would be inundated with gerbil pet shops if anyone was sticking gerbils up their asses. But nope, no shops. Plus, there's never been any medical evidence of it being done.

I think you watch too much late night South Park while you're choppin bliggy on the table.

I suppose it's the same gerbil being passed around. That skank who stank. Never seen it before nor want to.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Decide? As in the Niners have no say in this? As in they're welcome to share it if they decide to?

I had no idea this is to what the Niners agreed when the stadium construction began.

Yeah. I'm sure that's what he meant. He was speaking as NFL dictator and making NFL law at a grand opening.

There's been lots of talk about the two teams sharing a stadium, going back to before ground was broken, going back to before a deal was made with Santa Clara. This has been talked about for years. Jed York and has even addressed the possibility.

July 20 2011:
Raiders, 49ers discuss sharing a stadium | ProFootballTalk

June 10 2010:
Will the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers Share a New Stadium? | Bleacher Report
In this one Jed mentions that the stadium was designed with a 2-team model in mind.

December 20, 2009:
York: Oakland beats S.F. as 49ers stadium site - SFGate

In this one, before the SC deal had been approved, York talks about moving into the Oakland Coliseum if SC falls through.
Furthermore:
Sharing a stadium with the Raiders - either in Oakland or Santa Clara - is "something that we would be open to exploring," York said.

At no point does York (or anyone else from what I can find) say there is any sort of desire to share a stadium, but York has said on multiple occasions he's open to it, including in SC where the stadium was apparently built with the idea of two teams calling it "home" in mind.

It isn't as if Goodell is trying to force this on the Niners and he isn't pulling it out of his ass today. It's been in discussions for at least 4.5 years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It isn't as if Goodell is trying to force this on the Niners and he isn't pulling it out of his ass today. It's been in discussions for at least 4.5 years.

Ok good. I was honestly asking. I wasn't following that possibility very closely because I thought the idea was rejected. I guess it wasn't completely rejected or he wouldn't have thrown it out there.

If the Niners could totally screw the Raiders by charging 'em an arm and a leg to play there, I'd be for it. I don't know how all the details would work, but I would support bad things happening to the Raiders. Especially if those things would give 'em incentive to move away. Far, far away. Like London.

Yeah. The London Raiders. I like the sound of that!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok good. I was honestly asking. I wasn't following that possibility very closely because I thought the idea was rejected. I guess it wasn't completely rejected or he wouldn't have thrown it out there.

If the Niners could totally screw the Raiders by charging 'em an arm and a leg to play there, I'd be for it. I don't know how all the details would work, but I would support bad things happening to the Raiders. Especially if those things would give 'em incentive to move away. Far, far away. Like London.

Yeah. The London Raiders. I like the sound of that!

You do know the people would still be here, right? The team itself is the lesser evil :p I suppose they could be fickle and leave their fandom or be a victim like the Sonics fans.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause having 49ers and Raiders fans in close proximity to each other always works out for the best.

This is probably the strongest argument to NOT share a stadium... Raiders need to get there own stadium...