• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good cap management

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears stand at 109 mil as of 7:30 am...... by way of comparison the Broncos stand at 130 mil

C

cubzzzfanincali

you are forgetting the $12 million in dead money, which is not good cap management. The Bears are currently about $11.6 million under the cap, and that's with only 51 players under contract (and many of those are the almost zero practice squad contracts). The Bears are most definitely not in good shape. If you remember that you need several million for the draft class and the in-season emergency money, we only have a couple million left.

Poorly titled thread.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not forgetting a dime......the only cap space coming out of the remaining 24 mil is the draft money. 14th s is straight from the Bears and the NFL......GREAT THREAD TITLE

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you come up with that figure? Because, I'm not hearing that on any other Bear boards.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the Score.....direct from the NFL AND THE BEARS

Where did you come up with that figure? Because, I'm not hearing that on any other Bear boards.

On the SCORE this am..direct from the NFL AND THE BEARS

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears 2014 Salary Cap as of today.

Est. Salary Cap Space: $11,909,843
Offensive Spend: $71,593,550 25 Players
Defensive Spend: $35,092,323 27 Players
Specials Spend: $3,935,000 4 Players

Is what I'm reading on the Web. Now since you have to have around $5mil for the draft that leaves a bit over 6mil. Hmm, something isn't right, isn't the Team cap 133mil?

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I'm reading on the Web has us around the 11.3-11.9 mil in cap space left with the Draft coming up at around a $5mil need, that only leaves $6mil for emergency and any other F/A signings.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they were saying on the SCORE is that they are 109 mil...as of this morning. ...They wete comparing cap space between the Broncos and the BEARS. They had info from the NFL AND THE BEARS. That is what was reported. I tend to believe the NFL regarding cap spaces.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not in my NFL

Practice squad players earn significantly less than players on the active roster, but they still take home a solid weekly paycheck. NFL practice squad players make a minimum of $6,000 per week they are on the practice squad. There is no limit to how much a team can pay a player on the practice squad. Some will offer a higher weekly salary in order to entice better players to sign, although the practice squad contracts do count against the salary cap.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have paid practice squad players significantly more in recent seasons. In 2010,*Tampa Bay offered*wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe a contract worth equivalent to the minimum salary to entice him to sign to its practice squad.

If a player remains on the practice squad for an entire regular season, he would earn $102,000. A player with less than one accrued season on the active roster would earn a minimum salary of $405,000.

A team can pay a player whatever they like to entice him to be on their practice squad. However, those salaries do count against the cap.

(and many of those are the almost zero practice squad contracts).

:lol:

The practice squad players cost ZERO against the salary cap....

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they were saying on the SCORE is that they are 109 mil...as of this morning. ...They wete comparing cap space between the Broncos and the BEARS. They had info from the NFL AND THE BEARS. That is what was reported. I tend to believe the NFL regarding cap spaces.

You believe everything the score says? why even compare the reigning AFC champs to a team that cant even win their division?

Right now they are at 110 million, they have 3 million dollar roster bonuses for Houston and Jennings, 1.5 for Slausen, and 12 million in dead money. They need to go to the bank of Jay and convert his salary into bonus money when they figure out how much more they need. The biggest question was why didnt they wait til june 1 to cut peppers and save that 4.2 million of cap hit.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Not forgetting a dime......the only cap space coming out of the remaining 24 mil is the draft money. 14th s is straight from the Bears and the NFL......GREAT THREAD TITLE

No, you jackass, your figure is their salary charge. You are leaving out the dead money.

C

cubzzzfanincali

here, get used to this site:

NFL Player Contracts, Salaries, and Transactions

It's widely regarded as the most accurate public site for cap info. Scroll down to Bears, then 2014 Salary Cap Table. Listening to "the Score" is like reading the Tribune or watching CBS news....you are simply retarding yourself.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question was why didnt they wait til june 1 to cut peppers and save that 4.2 million of cap hit.

My guess, and it is strictly a guess here, but I think it is because we need to spend a bunch of money next year on Marshall, and look at extending AJ.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's widely regarded as the most accurate public site for cap info. Scroll down to Bears, then 2014 Salary Cap Table. Listening to "the Score" is like reading the Tribune or watching CBS news....you are simply retarding yourself.

Great site... go there all the time.

I agree... someone is missing the Dead Money from this totals.

C

cubzzzfanincali

My guess, and it is strictly a guess here, but I think it is because we need to spend a bunch of money next year on Marshall, and look at extending AJ.

That's definitely possible. You know the understory to this whole offseason and cap management is resigning the receivers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are forgetting the $12 million in dead money, which is not good cap management. The Bears are currently about $11.6 million under the cap, and that's with only 51 players under contract (and many of those are the almost zero practice squad contracts). The Bears are most definitely not in good shape. If you remember that you need several million for the draft class and the in-season emergency money, we only have a couple million left.

Poorly titled thread.

Damn... honestly Cubz. I just refer to you for this stuff. lol, Always giving the low down on the Bears cap situation. Then I pass it off to friends as if I know what the hell I'm talking about.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe everything the score says? why even compare the reigning AFC champs to a team that cant even win their division?

Right now they are at 110 million, they have 3 million dollar roster bonuses for Houston and Jennings, 1.5 for Slausen, and 12 million in dead money. They need to go to the bank of Jay and convert his salary into bonus money when they figure out how much more they need. The biggest question was why didnt they wait til june 1 to cut peppers and save that 4.2 million of cap hit.

Because callers were asking how the Broncos were spending so much.....the hosts got info from the NFL....

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no thanks

Coming from a guy who retards himself thinking the practice squad counts against the cap and didn't know about the Jay Cutler contract.....I'll stick with the info from the NFL AND THE BEARS.....I appreciate the offer but I'll kindly decline.....

:wtf2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can designate someone a June 1st cut prior to June 1st. See Miles Austin. Designated a June 1st cut yesterday.